DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evenin' all...

Canceled out planned October trip to Da' World.
Other then that, not much to report...

<sigh>...

I do, however, have jury duty tomorrow, maybe.
May they'll decide not to call you in.
Unless it's something that you've been wanting to take part in, that is.

Interesting. That's something I've never done. I don't know anyone who has, up here.
Interesting.
Here, if you're on the voters register or have a drivers license, you're in the jury pool.
I've been called up better then a dozen times, and had to serve a bit over half of 'em; mostly civil cases
For me, every one of those services was utterly demoralizing.

No crime in Canada 🇨🇦
I suspect they ain't quite as litigious as we be down this-a-way.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DW got back form a couple day visit with DD. Only 4 weeks out for our first grandchild! Other than that looks like all here are doing o.k. so with that - Bacon, Bourbon, Cigars and Mickey Bars!
Now that is exciting.
May every possible thing that can go right, do exactly that.
Looking forward to hearing good news from you in the near.

Interesting.
Here, if you're on the voters register or have a drivers license, you're in the jury pool.
I've been called up better then a dozen times, and had to serve a bit over half of 'em; mostly civil cases

In my province they use the medicare list to create jury pools. The side benefit to that is manage to catch the odd genius from Maine who has somehow gotten a NB medicare card so that they could get service in NB hospitals. When they call up to say they can't serve on a jury because they live in the US, the sheriff says fine we'll just remove you from the medicare list because you don't live here.

I have never been summoned for jury duty, of course now that I said that it will happen tomorrow.

:(
Sorry to hear that.
I've been called up better then a dozen times
Really! Huh!
Oh dear. :/
I suspect they ain't quite as litigious as we be down this-a-way.
Possibly not.
In my province they use the medicare list to create jury pools. The side benefit to that is manage to catch the odd genius from Maine who has somehow gotten a NB medicare card so that they could get service in NB hospitals. When they call up to say they can't serve on a jury because they live in the US, the sheriff says fine we'll just remove you from the medicare list because you don't live here.
:laughing: Whoops!

Morning, fellas! You know, I've noticed that traffic around here is getting kind of thin. (thinks about this a minute) "Hmmm, with everyone gone, I can move chairs to the good ones near the TV." (Gets up, grabs my stuff and moves chairs) "Wait! Never mind, guys, all is well. Go about your business." (Slowly snakes my way up to the premium seats) "Hope all is well with everyone." :teeth:

Today's the day for jury duty, so we'll see if I get put on a jury. This will be my....4th(?), I forget, but I've only been sat on 1 jury, which lasted a half a day, so that was nice. I'm taking a book and some snacks...I might even take my medical vocabulary text book. So I'll have enough to keep me busy.

Interesting. That's something I've never done. I don't know anyone who has, up here.

I've only been sat once and it was really interesting. Not sure if I want to get on a long jury, but a one day trial is nice.

Morning guys from sunny London. Back in the office saddle today, so a slew of email to get through, hence me being on here. The world is an absolute dumpster fire in terms of shipping at the minute, so I have kit all over the place. On the plus side, we have a charity auction bid on sets every year, with damaged box goods out of the factory (the LEGO is fine inside), so snagged the big Disney Castle, Mos Eisley Cantina, Winnie the Pooh, Boba Fett's helmet, and the White House all for about lunch for 3 at Space 220.

Me and you both my friend. I feel your pain. Now got to go 8 rounds with Disney about not burning my points. Now on very shaky ground as the corridor is about to open up.
(Slowly snakes my way up to the premium seats)
Excuse me sir, can I see your ticket?
I forget, but I've only been sat on 1 jury, which lasted a half a day, so that was nice.
Shame they had to fry the guy though. Probably deserved it.
The side benefit to that is manage to catch the odd genius from Maine who has somehow gotten a NB medicare card so that they could get service in NB hospitals. When they call up to say they can't serve on a jury because they live in the US, the sheriff says fine we'll just remove you from the medicare list because you don't live here.
Nice play there. Although for the money you save surely you would turn up and try and blag it on jury duty and convince 'em you are Canadian. Bring a hockey puck full of syrup or something?
In other Canadian news, a Tim H drive through is opening up 15 mins from my house. This has made my kids very excited, as I got em hooked on timbits.

Have a great day guys

Morning guys from sunny London. Back in the office saddle today, so a slew of email to get through, hence me being on here. The world is an absolute dumpster fire in terms of shipping at the minute, so I have kit all over the place. On the plus side, we have a charity auction bid on sets every year, with damaged box goods out of the factory (the LEGO is fine inside), so snagged the big Disney Castle, Mos Eisley Cantina, Winnie the Pooh, Boba Fett's helmet, and the White House all for about lunch for 3 at Space 220.

Nice play there. Although for the money you save surely you would turn up and try and blag it on jury duty and convince 'em you are Canadian. Bring a hockey puck full of syrup or something?
In other Canadian news, a Tim H drive through is opening up 15 mins from my house. This has made my kids very excited, as I got em hooked on timbits.

Have a great day guys

Nice catch in the auction, is it an internal auction?

Hope someone doesn't light the drive through on fire before it opens like they did in Sheffield, crazy Northerners.

Nice catch in the auction, is it an internal auction?

Hope someone doesn't light the drive through on fire before it opens like they did in Sheffield, crazy Northerners.
I'm pretty sure that was Paul or Darryl.

Yep, UK internal only as we don't have a factory store like in the mother ship or the US, so we get the auction, as those guys can buy that stuff all year.
I lost out on the Disney Train Station and a Carnage head. Seeing the look I got from Lady K when I told her what was coming, that's probably not the worst thing that could happen.

<sigh>...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that.

I've served on 3 different juries. For a while it seemed like I was getting called in for jury duty every two years, regular as clockwork. Drove me nuts.

So...lunch for 3 at Space 220? That requires taking out a few more mortgages, if my figures are correct.

Enjoy the builds!

Me and you both my friend. I feel your pain. Now got to go 8 rounds with Disney about not burning my points. Now on very shaky ground as the corridor is about to open up.

Double ugh. Sorry another trip bit the dust.

Hey guys, just checking in.
About to start another batch of night shifts tonight. Trying to get a nap on this beautiful first day of fall but feels like summer day. Sleep is not happening. Going to be a long night.
I also found out one of the other guys in my group has asked for extended personal leave (like a few months). My first thought was that I hope he’s doing ok. My second thought was carp, this probably means even more work and less time off, plus trying to train up someone to temporarily cover his shifts, eventually.

Hey guys, just checking in.
About to start another batch of night shifts tonight. Trying to get a nap on this beautiful first day of fall but feels like summer day. Sleep is not happening. Going to be a long night.
I also found out one of the other guys in my group has asked for extended personal leave (like a few months). My first thought was that I hope he’s doing ok. My second thought was carp, this probably means even more work and less time off, plus trying to train up someone to temporarily cover his shifts, eventually.

Good to see you drop by Jeff. Good luck with the training.

Evenin' all...

<sigh>...
Sorry to hear that, may be some openings in early January?

Excuse me sir, can I see your ticket?

Shame they had to fry the guy though. Probably deserved it.

Have a great day guys
Sorry about the trip stuff. Nice on the LEGO snag - I have the Cantina (haven't started yet) and got the Winnie the Pooh for DD to put in granddaughters room as Pooh is DD's favorite.
So I am now an award winning photographer, first place in the people category at our provincial exhibition. :cool1:

View attachment 606610
Congrats there Darcy

Morning brethren from the mother country. took down the above ground pool today, the kids got a ton of use out of it, not bad for 80 sheets.
Starting to scope out Hall - o - ween 11, which by a happy coincidence, is Stranger Things.

Nice on the LEGO snag - I have the Cantina (haven't started yet) and got the Winnie the Pooh for DD to put in granddaughters room as Pooh is DD's favorite.
Didn't you get the Cantina for Xmas from DS? Seem to remember having a short convo about that on one of the calls.
I remember the Pooh for DD, you and the good lady Mrs Bud must be super excited
We had one of these. the killer wasnt picking up the work, they wanted to come back mid project and take over again, and expected a full update on everything. I was like, nah mate, move on to a new project, ain't got the time to bring you back up to speed.

And nice to hear from you buddy
So I am now an award winning photographer, first place in the people category at our provincial exhibition.
Nice job!
So...lunch for 3 at Space 220? That requires taking out a few more mortgages, if my figures are correct.
It certainly is, er, astronomical in price.

Have a good one muchachos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter