DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, all. Today I'm hating computers due to issues restoring my laptop from backup after it got a new motherboard, and really wishing I didn't have to go into the office today.

On the plus side, the kids are doing okay with their jobs and actually earning money, which is a great thing from my perspective as I stare down fall tuition bills.

I was talking about that at home. I laughed, my wife laughed, Alexa laughed Siri laughed, & Google didn't understand. They are always listening.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's what is bothering me...they keep charging more and taking away perks.

Seems like it keeps getting worse and worse. Maybe the underwhelming crowds at SW:GE in Disneyland will get them to re-think their strategies.

Not much for today but tomorrow DW and I head out to a nice cottage overlooking the upper reach of the Passamaquoddy Bay until Tuesday. Should be a nice relaxing time.

Have fun storming the Passma--

the Passimm--

the Passaquom--

Have fun storming the bay!

Morning, all. Today I'm hating computers due to issues restoring my laptop from backup after it got a new motherboard, and really wishing I didn't have to go into the office today.

On the plus side, the kids are doing okay with their jobs and actually earning money, which is a great thing from my perspective as I stare down fall tuition bills.
That doesn't make sense....the hard drive should be intact, so why the need for a recovery?

Made it to Friday and get a break next week. Finally cut the grass before the next tidal wave of rain.

What I object to is it was a perk and then it was yanked out from under me. It's the overall continuing process of charging more, giving less.

Well, we skipped WDW this year. It seems that they keep raising prices and cutting perks. It's the first time we haven't gone once or twice in 14 years. It's also why we are looking at the Cocoa Beach area to retire. Then, I can enjoy the beach and make it to WDW on occasion.

well... the guy did finally call (an hour and a half late) and said he'd accidentally set his appointment to PM instead of AM. He apologized and is coming on Friday now. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But if he doesn't show on Friday with another excuse... that'll be that.

Mistakes happen. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

It's a consideration. Might just keep renting them or use for Vero/Hilton Head.

Same here. I got a great deal on my BWV points, but would spend more than the annual dues on a holiday inn for the week. And, I have one of the earlier expiration dates.

I never expect much and you never fail to meet expectations.

That's my goal. Set expectations at the bottom. I can only stay the same or get better then.

Starting a few days vacation!

Not much for today but tomorrow DW and I head out to a nice cottage overlooking the upper reach of the Passamaquoddy Bay until Tuesday. Should be a nice relaxing time.

Sounds fun. Have a great vacation.

I never expect much and you never fail to meet expectations.

:rolleyes1
Woo hoo! Did something right for a change! Didn't fail pkondz's expectations.

There is something to be said for setting the bar so low, even ants can beat it.

Copy that.
To be clear....
I'm not saying no
I'm not saying yes
I'm saying I'm weighing all options and havent' reached a conclusion yet.
I'm tempted to sell, but on the other hand, since mine are paid for (except annual dues), I have to weigh the option of using for Vero or HH or renting. I'm leaning towards the latter since it gives me more options (and gives me chance to help out friends), but not fully decided yet.

Starting a few days vacation!

Hope y'all have a great time Darcy!

Makes sense on both counts.

Definitely not a fan of the soldered Hard Drives(or soldered RAM for that matter). While I am mac certified, I'm just the backup guy so thankfully haven't had to repair any yet. I am also Dell certified and they make their laptops extremely easy to fix, especially recently.

Definitely not a fan of the soldered Hard Drives(or soldered RAM for that matter). While I am mac certified, I'm just the backup guy so thankfully haven't had to repair any yet. I am also Dell certified and they make their laptops extremely easy to fix, especially recently.
I like Apple in some respects
Hate windows, so mac is preferable
Reliability - it's hard to crash a mac and even if you do, usually recovers without too much energy
Ease of use --- it's like the best of both worlds....power of Unix (FreeBSD under the hood), simplicity of windows

I don't like them for others
The Apple way of doing things....often not at all consistent with other Unix like OSs.
Too restrictive and controlling. Why I moved away from iphone...I don't want to hook my phone up to itunes to transfer data.
Automatic updates that (by design) slow older hardware down
Single source and no options which creates a WE don't care support structure

So, kinda like Disney, some things I like, some not so much.

BTW: :welcome:

I think you're new here.

I like Apple in some respects
Hate windows, so mac is preferable
Reliability - it's hard to crash a mac and even if you do, usually recovers without too much energy
Ease of use --- it's like the best of both worlds....power of Unix (FreeBSD under the hood), simplicity of windows

I don't like them for others
The Apple way of doing things....often not at all consistent with other Unix like OSs.
Too restrictive and controlling. Why I moved away from iphone...I don't want to hook my phone up to itunes to transfer data.
Automatic updates that (by design) slow older hardware down
Single source and no options which creates a WE don't care support structure

So, kinda like Disney, some things I like, some not so much.

I am new here! Thanks for the welcome.

Never really been a fan of how Apple does things. Their pricing is completely out of whack and the we don't want anyone to be able to upgrade or fix our stuff rubs me the wrong way.

That being said I do own and iPod and have for quite awhile. They make the best "dedicated" music player out there. I prefer to keep my music and my phone separate. I'm also looking at replacing my Galaxy Tab S2 and debated switching to an Ipad, but I have way too much on the android side and will probably go to the Tab S5e. I also love the widgets and Apple's "widgets" just aren't the same.

Never really been a fan of how Apple does things. Their pricing is completely out of whack and the we don't want anyone to be able to upgrade or fix our stuff rubs me the wrong way.

That being said I do own and iPod and have for quite awhile. They make the best "dedicated" music player out there. I prefer to keep my music and my phone separate. I'm also looking at replacing my Galaxy Tab S2 and debated switching to an Ipad, but I have way too much on the android side and will probably go to the Tab S5e. I also love the widgets and Apple's "widgets" just aren't the same.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Sabres431! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #859!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

There is something to be said for setting the bar so low, even ants can beat it.
Don't sell the ants short.

:rolleyes1
To be clear....
I'm not saying no
I'm not saying yes
I'm saying I'm weighing all options and havent' reached a conclusion yet.
I'm tempted to sell, but on the other hand, since mine are paid for (except annual dues), I have to weigh the option of using for Vero or HH or renting. I'm leaning towards the latter since it gives me more options (and gives me chance to help out friends), but not fully decided yet.
Get it.
And if you were to say "Heck with it! I'm selling!"... I wouldn't necessarily be in a position (or perhaps not even the desire) to buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!