DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Had over $1,300 car repair. Plus need to bring it in for an airbag warning now. Joy.
The oven people called to tell me that a new control panel for the oven would be $1,850.
I think I'll live with it being crappy but semi-functional for now. A new oven will cost about the same. Ridiculous. Won't be a Jenn-Air, I can tell you that!
That sucks. Knew about the oven, didn't know about the car. Double whammy. Ouch. :sad:

It's sad how so many things now are throw away (vs. repair) items. There is no reason repair should cost as much as a new item. At least with a car, although expensive, it's not 20, 30 or 40K to repair.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Will stick to Disney news today as not much else goin on around here today, that's any good. Got with my DVC guide yesterday to add-on some more points to home resort AKV Kidani. Family will hopefully be getting bigger, and if things work out as planned, I'm looking at retiring in 8 years which will mean more time for me and DW to spend there especially she has grown into more of a Disney fan over the years.
I was (operative word is was) thinking about getting more DVC points. After the fiasco on the 5th, I won't. Was going to go to top of the world lounge to watch with my brother and SIL. They told me if I wasn't CURRENTLY staying at a DVC resort, I could not. I understand Disney is in the business to make money, but preventing me from a perk I was supposed to have doesn't get them any more money...in fact they lost money now.

Morning all.

Not only is today Hump Day but it is also pina colada day; could there be a connection??

If you like Pina Coladas, getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape
Darcy, I like you, but don't wait on me to write you. I like pina coladas, but I don't roll that way. ;)

I have the half a brain part down pat.

Still don't think you're the love I'm looking for, though.
I used my half a brain to move to FL, so at least I did something right.
Getting caught in the rain? I live in FL, duh!!!
Definitely not the love he's looking for.

Yeah, I'm not in it as an investment, although I am amused that I could resell and make a profit. (Possibly even taking dues into account.) Crazy. We're eyeing more points just because we're using them and could use more.
I didn't do it as an investment, but given I live here AND they keep taking away perks that were promised, I'm considering selling them. I may just keep renting them or use them for Vero Beach or Hilton Head...dunno...jury's still out.

I was (operative word is was) thinking about getting more DVC points. After the fiasco on the 5th, I won't. Was going to go to top of the world lounge to watch with my brother and SIL. They told me if I wasn't CURRENTLY staying at a DVC resort, I could not. I understand Disney is in the business to make money, but preventing me from a perk I was supposed to have doesn't get them any more money...in fact they lost money now.
I think this one may be more about capacity as TOTWL does not hold that many folk.

That sucks. Knew about the oven, didn't know about the car. Double whammy. Ouch. :sad:
Yep. Joy.
It's sad how so many things now are throw away (vs. repair) items. There is no reason repair should cost as much as a new item. At least with a car, although expensive, it's not 20, 30 or 40K to repair.
Very true. I was expecting a repair cost of somewhere in the $500 range. Still far more than it should be, but...
Yeah... Jenn Air won't be seeing me again as a customer. And considering I keep saying Jenn Air, perhaps you won't be a buyer either.
That's... totally not right. You paid. Who cares if you're staying there now?
I used my half a brain to move to FL, so at least I did something right.
I'll give you that one.
Getting caught in the rain? I live in FL, duh!!!
:rolleyes:
I'm considering selling them.
If you do, let me know. Can't say I'll buy, but... never know.
Man this afternoon is crawling by. Only an hour to go to the start of vacation.
That's why it's crawling by.

Hey folks.
Had a pretty good weekend out at the lake with DD18. Back at work now... which, you know, sucks.

Had over $1,300 car repair. Plus need to bring it in for an airbag warning now. Joy.
The oven people called to tell me that a new control panel for the oven would be $1,850.
I think I'll live with it being crappy but semi-functional for now. A new oven will cost about the same. Ridiculous. Won't be a Jenn-Air, I can tell you that!

Ugh. Repair costs are getting higher, but not as high as a new car.

Ugh. How come all of this stuff always seems to break down all at once? It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

I was talking about that at home. I laughed, my wife laughed, Alexa laughed Siri laughed, & Google didn't understand. They are always listening.

Morning, gents.
Worked late... was up at 4am feeling sick (bit better now. something I ate, I guess) then got up early because the landscaper is coming at 8am to give me an estimate on some work.
It's 8:45 and still no sign of him. I'm giving him until 9:00. If (if!) he shows up after that I'm going to tell him to get lost. If that's how they run their business, I don't want any part of it.

Whoever it is that's conspiring is winning.

I have the half a brain part down pat.

Still don't think you're the love I'm looking for, though.

That it does. Oh, well.

More customer service examples.

Yeah, I'm not in it as an investment, although I am amused that I could resell and make a profit. (Possibly even taking dues into account.) Crazy. We're eyeing more points just because we're using them and could use more.

We did a 10 day once. (Usually we do 8.) Only advice I can give is to pace yourself. We had two days planned at Universal about a week in, and bailed on the second day to hit the pool and wander World Showcase.

No kidding. We had the plumbing and AC both go last month.

We've never had APs before. DW may find me passed out in the parks after a few consecutive days.

A bit of clarification, meant as an investment for the future - more points, more visits, bigger villas, etc. Have no interest in selling my points

::yes::

They changed that a few years back. I agree, it sucks. But, the first OKW DVC owners had a boat ride to Disney from the resort. Talk about losing perks.

I think this one may be more about capacity as TOTWL does not hold that many folk.
I understand that...to a point...

This is the first time ever I was denied going up and considering it was only 3 of us and we were there long before big groups, our 3 wouldn't make a difference. I do also understand if it was many groups of 3, then it could BECOME a problem.

What I object to is it was a perk and then it was yanked out from under me. It's the overall continuing process of charging more, giving less.

Ugh. Repair costs are getting higher, but not as high as a new car.
Correct. And the car (except for the airbag warning) feels new again.
well... the guy did finally call (an hour and a half late) and said he'd accidentally set his appointment to PM instead of AM. He apologized and is coming on Friday now. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But if he doesn't show on Friday with another excuse... that'll be that.

Very true. I was expecting a repair cost of somewhere in the $500 range. Still far more than it should be, but...
Yeah... Jenn Air won't be seeing me again as a customer. And considering I keep saying Jenn Air, perhaps you won't be a buyer either.
Hadn't considered it as an option. DW likes Dacor.

That's... totally not right. You paid. Who cares if you're staying there now?
My thought, but obviously not theirs.

I'll give you that one.
So, since I used my half a brain moving here, don't expect much from me.

If you do, let me know. Can't say I'll buy, but... never know.
It's a consideration. Might just keep renting them or use for Vero/Hilton Head.

At least he has the option to tell them to go away.

They changed that a few years back. I agree, it sucks. But, the first OKW DVC owners had a boat ride to Disney from the resort. Talk about losing perks.
That's what is bothering me...they keep charging more and taking away perks.

Image result for disney good morning thursday

Top O the Mornin Dads and Happy Friday Eve!
Starting a few days vacation!

Not much for today but tomorrow DW and I head out to a nice cottage overlooking the upper reach of the Passamaquoddy Bay until Tuesday. Should be a nice relaxing time.
Enjoy the down time and time with the Mrs. DS got the house to himself over the weekend does he? :stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter