DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all from a hot and humid Fredericton.

Lots happened over the last week and much of it wasn't good. Hoping that this week is much better for everyone.

My day did start out pretty good though. About a year ago I hired Declan to do the cleaning at our office. He comes in on Sunday to do his thing and now that he has his license I don't need to drive him. He decided yesterday to leave me a little note.

fiSwFsK47AVWMh5NCKLqCytU3M9AVPaVoXQOg4YFspU8FyIsPW29cbzybJ5hzzFxMi-nYv6IioAtWojajaSENB0aecc_26QescycOqCyZ8Nf58MMDquUj8M80-skBcQeRWKKLcMZrHnClXJM3IFULplyemTJ0IERxD2RnS4gY1tG89kG52dSK4FQTHH75VGfGPntnOYvFgf8TkFWhxO7j3nsoAvSVNtFjutEbMo7zp4ZEUvdlxesxOZDHpByBMac_g96Sum3_INhaR6TynyvYuQUH2QFhkmdiIQL3jEuHMj3pvd79_cnvpYiC6EVQAYRfSwSSGpg7zaU5lMvWSd4irFcvKySkyv-k2YD5d3GIYzwEtMZgBagR5mRgQas5COHsTRCX5C5rEXHtyan3fUuGTCMVb0SG8X5y1zr9wtA-DbXUmgB7yXF9GFRs0tBnNv6W85Imp9674RMPRaEQtLDuKhOBpKMK8mMT2aZIRkUuqSmFzkMnwaFkkM96WjO4FmWdfSCxNsSlf8ITe4-z7YG-oc-xQJwPTdf6wxdTkfrA1GzvvSDcCKn1fyGzramKaOkM8fFI05yQg6PY5Q1NVFkZjh_bzH3l_0i7Gxm9_Q=w1245-h700-no

Man I love this kid, makes me proud everyday.

Sorry for the sappiness to start the week.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Well, first of what will be many DDCC booked and scheduled. Can only pull off a short one though fly out Friday the 11th at dawn then head back home Monday the 14th. Got a room at POP for fairly reasonable price which allow for more points for family so all good. Now all I have to do is figure out where and when to be at places. May reach out to you CBO on this. Lets have a better week.
When are you coming to London then? ;)
Good luck on the room search. What about off site?
Not sure about the London thing any time soon but hopefully our paths will cross at DaWorld at some point.
Mike,

As of right now, I have a studio at Saratoga springs for the 7th - 12th. I'm probably going to cancel it and stay off property since I'm going to have a rental car so I can save the DVC points for DW/DD or rent them out. If you'd like, I can try to extend it through the 14th and then when I'm ready to cancel, can coordinate with you so it opens up. Even at the 7 month point (I was going to try for studio somewhere else -- although unlike many, I like SSR), it was difficult.

The other option would be sharing the room if you'd like. I think the studio has room enough for 3?

If I can't extend it, then at least you'd only need to worry about nights of 12th & 13th.

Just giving you some options.

Oh, and share how you wish and feel appropriate. No apologies needed...CJ was special to each of us for similar, but yet individually unique reasons.
Wow, thanks a ton Doc but was able to get a room and not sure if anyone else will be coming with me so need to be prepared for that. Again, really great gesture and really appreciate the thought. Look forward to meeting you and did you see the walk off slam last night?!
My day did start out pretty good though. About a year ago I hired Declan to do the cleaning at our office. He comes in on Sunday to do his thing and now that he has his license I don't need to drive him. He decided yesterday to leave me a little note.

Man I love this kid, makes me proud everyday.

Can't think of a better way to start the week. Great kid you got there, be very proud and share all the sappiness you want.

Well, another week begins. But this one has me working only three days and then off to our Happy Place! It's gonna be hard to focus on anything this week.

Last week was tough for us all I think. I didn't want to mention at the time, but youngest DD's 11th birthday was Friday. We had six 10-11 year olds in the house for a sleep over. One thing they did was tie dye t-shirts, so I looked up how to make a Mickey head tie dye. Both me and youngest DD made them and it turned out pretty well, and now DW and oldest DD might make one too. I forgot to take a picture, so if we end up wearing them on the trip, I'll have to show you.

Well, another week begins. But this one has me working only three days and then off to our Happy Place! It's gonna be hard to focus on anything this week.

Last week was tough for us all I think. I didn't want to mention at the time, but youngest DD's 11th birthday was Friday. We had six 10-11 year olds in the house for a sleep over. One thing they did was tie dye t-shirts, so I looked up how to make a Mickey head tie dye. Both me and youngest DD made them and it turned out pretty well, and now DW and oldest DD might make one too. I forgot to take a picture, so if we end up wearing them on the trip, I'll have to show you.
Happy birthday to your DD. :)
Yes, we want to see the shirts!

Wow, thanks a ton Doc but was able to get a room and not sure if anyone else will be coming with me so need to be prepared for that. Again, really great gesture and really appreciate the thought. Look forward to meeting you and did you see the walk off slam last night?!
No sir. Looking at the replay now! Woo hoo!!! Sadly, I've not seen many games this year and since I get up at 5am, even if I can start watching, the chances of me being able to watch the whole game is slim. Between full time job, working out, part time job(umpiring) and church, seems like I have very little time left. That's also a big reason why I've fallen so far behind on many folks TRs and other threads here. Not trying to whine, but it does kinda suck.

I do have tickets for the make up game with the Braves on the 30th. 5 rows behind Cubs dugout, so looking forward to that.

I think you have done a wonderful job with your daughters Jeff! Have fun Storming the Castle! :dancer:

Happy belated birthday to your DD. Looking forward to seeing the shirts.

‘Morning all…
Good to see and hear form some of the old gang even though it was not under the best of circumstances. May we all be doing better moving forward.

Mixed reviews for a fresh start on my week.
Got to take my girl out on the town yesterday so that’s a positive.
Had to put one of the autos in the shop this morning, so not so positive.
Could be far worse, and it’s always good for me to remember that.

:rotfl2:blimey mate, don’t go down that road, it’s littered with disappointment.
Most of us already support teams in various arenas that are pretty much non-stop disappointment.
I for one am pretty well acclimated to it.

“Near” is a relative term when Brits talk to Americans.
We wouldn’t drive for a vacation shorter distances than you lot go for a good taco ;)
The Yamyams are a couple of hundred miles away from us and then it’s another 100 miles or so to the Blue bindippers.
OK…
Who have earned the monikers: Yamyams and Bindippers (and why)?

And when are you going to post up that threatened treatise on East-End slang for the various folk around and about?

Mine was flipping burgers and chasing the girls at McDonald’s
Do believe you wrote those in the reverse order of importance…

True, but I made sure I had a hotel stop every 3 hrs. It took me 2 weeks to do 1100 miles.
Good way to do it.
I judge wealth in terms of time…
I’ve never been allowed more than one week off at a crack, so you sir are very wealthy in my book.

And the fun continues...just put $$1034 into some maintenance on SWMBO's car on Thursday and thi evening she got t-boned. Thankfully she and DD are mostly OK (muscle spasm, aches and stiffness) but why cou now. This was after $800 in May in the car. So now it is dealing with insurance, repairs and all that fun. At least we are still on the green side of the sod so a lot to be thankful for.
Well none of that is good on any level.
May everyone heal quickly and without complications and may the insurers not be everything we’ve come to expect of them.

I wanted to add, if you don't do PayPal, PM me for additional details,
Inquiry sent…

Okay, now the story...
Dishwasher when I was 15-16. Got “promoted” to bus boy. That’s where I saw my first pair of boobies with my own eyes. Was a men’s club social night.
Great stories!

I’d add one if I had one (seems my work life – and life in general – are pretty boring)

I did the prerequisite paper-rout and lawn-work as a young’en.
Tried to get on with some of the grocery and fast-food chains in HS, but they didn’t like hiring folks that were in the music programs so that didn’t pan out. First clock-job was third shift for minimum wage in the mail room for a textile company. Long since worked my way up from there but oddly I’m still employed by the same company (something that folks rarely do much anymore)

In a futile show of resistance, poached eggs over avocado on sour dough bread this morning, with just a cheeky splash of Tabasco.
A futile show of resistance is another good description of my life in general. :rolleyes:
But that breakfast sounds right tasty.

Always time for sappiness…
(Especially where our families are involved)

Top O the Mornin Dads! Well, first of what will be many DDCC booked and scheduled.
Good for you.
I’d like to join in on that one of these at some point, but my employer won’t have it.
(and retirement is a mighty long way off and not a given certainty either)

I find it hard to focus on work at any point now-a-days.
It’s neigh imposable when we’re that close to heading off on any kind of expedition.

Happy belated birthday to DD. Yes, want to see pictures. Now, I will have to look up how to do this as well, since I've always like tie dye.

Happy belated birthday to DD! Enjoy your return visit to DaWorld and for sure want to see the shirts.
No sir. Looking at the replay now! Woo hoo!!! Sadly, I've not seen many games this year and since I get up at 5am, even if I can start watching, the chances of me being able to watch the whole game is slim. Between full time job, working out, part time job(umpiring) and church, seems like I have very little time left. That's also a big reason why I've fallen so far behind on many folks TRs and other threads here. Not trying to whine, but it does kinda suck.

I do have tickets for the make up game with the Braves on the 30th. 5 rows behind Cubs dugout, so looking forward to that.
Sorry about the hectic schedule. Cable provider has messed up and I have the MLB package through their streaming app, not the cable boxes, so I do get to enjoy our Cubbies normal outside on the iPad when they play a night game. Great seats for the 30th and hopefully Lester ain't pitching that day :rotfl:
‘Morning all…
Good to see and hear form some of the old gang even though it was not under the best of circumstances. May we all be doing better moving forward.

Mixed reviews for a fresh start on my week.
Got to take my girl out on the town yesterday so that’s a positive.
Had to put one of the autos in the shop this morning, so not so positive.
Could be far worse, and it’s always good for me to remember that.
Sorry about the vehicle situation but taking the Mrs out sounds nice - anywhere special or any special event?
I did the prerequisite paper-rout and lawn-work as a young’en.
Tried to get on with some of the grocery and fast-food chains in HS, but they didn’t like hiring folks that were in the music programs so that didn’t pan out. First clock-job was third shift for minimum wage in the mail room for a textile company. Long since worked my way up from there but oddly I’m still employed by the same company (something that folks rarely do much anymore)
Congrats on being employed by the same company, that's pretty impressive. You must be worth your weight in gold to them.
Good for you.
I’d like to join in on that one of these at some point, but my employer won’t have it.
(and retirement is a mighty long way off and not a given certainty either)
I can't do the entire week that time of year either due to year end closing, reporting, etc. But a couple of days isn't going to hurt anything and the work will always be there so I finally said the heck with it - thanks to some pushing from DW and both kids to go meet up and enjoy myself.

hi guys!
Trying to stay caught up on the boards / FB pages. but it's hectic around my home. It's tough when the oldest wants you to take him out driving on his permit, and the youngest is only 4 mos.

I'm not complaining (or I'm *trying* not to complain), but I sure wouldn't mind if my weekends had an extra 7 hours that could only be used for sleeping.

Happy Monday. A productive day thus far here.

I hear CJ laughing right now as my new driver hit my mailbox with the car. She didn't even make it a month with her license.:lmao::sad2:

We have a two car wide driveway with the garage. I tell her to just park on one side toward the back of the driveway so I could back out and get around her. Because she still is a teenage girl who doesn't want to listen to me, she wants to park on the street. So, when she hit the mailbox with the mirror, she thought she could get by it without backing up. :lmao::scared1:

So, the post is still in, just snapped the wood frames neighborhood mailbox that went overtop. I told her she needed to drive up and buy a new mailbox and install it herself. Aztek doesn't have a scratch.

Like I said, I hear CJ laughing.

Raw with hot sauce served by a H:goodvibes:goodvibesters Girl....

Those H :goodvibes:goodvibes ters girls do make a lot of the food better. I'll ask for hot sauce next time.

6 ten year olds for a sleepover? :scared1::eek::scared1:

Why do we do such crazy stuff? Glad you survived and enjoy the countdown.

Those are great seats. My dad had company tickets around that same area for Louisville Redbirds, 1 division below the majors. Got to see a lot of good baseball.

OK…

Good way to do it.
I judge wealth in terms of time…
I’ve never been allowed more than one week off at a crack, so you sir are very wealthy in my book.

I don't even bother to ask Dan for translations anymore. I'm just hoping i learn to speak English one day.

hi guys!
Trying to stay caught up on the boards / FB pages. but it's hectic around my home. It's tough when the oldest wants you to take him out driving on his permit, and the youngest is only 4 mos.

I'm not complaining (or I'm *trying* not to complain), but I sure wouldn't mind if my weekends had an extra 7 hours that could only be used for sleeping.

That is a big age range. It does get better once they get their license - well, maybe a bit.

I hear CJ laughing right now as my new driver hit my mailbox with the car. :lmao::sad2:

We have a two car wide driveway with the garage. I tell her to just park on one side toward the back of the driveway so I could back out and get around her. Because she still is a teenage girl who doesn't want to listen to me, she wants to park on the street. So, when she hit the mailbox with the mirror, she thought she could get by it without backing up. :lmao::scared1:

So, the post is still in, just snapped the wood frames neighborhood mailbox that went overtop. I told her she needed to drive up and buy a new mailbox and install it herself. Aztek doesn't have a scratch.

Interesting first "lesson". :laughing:

I hear CJ laughing right now as my new driver hit my mailbox with the car. She didn't even make it a month with her license.:lmao::sad2:

Like some of us said, may the first incident be minor with no harm to individuals or items hit / bumped. So with that little reminder, glad nothing more than that and she has the first one of the way now :thumbsup2

Found a box of Milk Duds that the kids hadn't inhaled, so that's a win for this evening.

Can only pull off a short one
That's what she said.
Not sure about the London thing any time soon but hopefully our paths will cross at DaWorld at some point.
:thumbsup2
It's gonna be hard to focus on anything this week
Clearly, as you missed the blindingly obvious double entendre above. I'll let you off with a warning as its Disney week.
We had six 10-11 year olds in the house for a sleep over.
:scared1:. Good job surviving. Happy belated birthday to the nipper.
He decided yesterday to leave me a little note.
I can't see it mate, but good on the kid. How did he get on at physio?
Yam Yams are from Wolverhampton/Black Country. It's because they speak so slowly, "I am" kinda merges into "Yam".
Bindippers are Liverpool fans. Bins = Trash Cans, Dipping = Stealing. Ergo, Bindipper = those who steal from trash cans.
We have been very fortunate to get employment that gave us the means and the flexibility to do what we want to do with the kids.
Most of us already support teams in various arenas that are pretty much non-stop disappointment.
I for one am pretty well acclimated to it.
Amen. My boys got dry humped 4-0 yesterday, so there's my reality.
Long since worked my way up from there but oddly I’m still employed by the same company (something that folks rarely do much anymore)
That's pretty cool, Rob.
It's tough when the oldest wants you to take him out driving on his permit, and the youngest is only 4 mos.
Ouch.
I'm just hoping i learn to speak English one day.
Me as well mate.
I hear CJ laughing right now as my new driver hit my mailbox with the car.
:scared1:. Glad it was only a prang.

Have a good evening fellas. London out.

taking the Mrs out sounds nice - anywhere special or any special event?
Dinner with the extended family at a proper fish camp
Then just us taking in an evening concert with Lyle Lovett doing the entertaining.
He tours with a 14 piece band of major studio musicians; some of hardest swings and deepest groves I’ve head in a long time.

Congrats on being employed by the same company, that's pretty impressive. You must be worth your weight in gold to them.
Thanks, but it’s probably more a confirmation that I’m not all that smart.
If I’d have moved on when I was younger or picked a different industry to be a part of than I just might have seen some improvement in compensation over the last ten or twelve years (rather than the reductions I’ve received).

I can't do the entire week that time of year either due to year end closing, reporting, etc.
Bingo, same issue.
I wouldn’t mind getting down there for just a few days but the problem is that I can’t take any time off in January or February.

If you can figure out how to pull that one off, patent and sell the process.
You won’t have to work anymore from then on.

Always good to hear from you, just drop whenever time allows.
We’ll still be ‘round.

Annnnd… there it is.
And look, it was minor.

May that be all it takes to have knocked that stuff out of her system.

Yam Yams are from Wolverhampton/Black Country. It's because they speak so slowly, "I am" kinda merges into "Yam".
Bindippers are Liverpool fans. Bins = Trash Cans, Dipping = Stealing. Ergo, Bindipper = those who steal from trash cans.
I was able to grok the definition for bintipper, but couldn’t single out specifically who you’d reserved he label for. Yamyam, though, now that constitutes a lesson in local dialects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!