DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

DW
That's what she said.
Have a good evening fellas. London out.
I knew I was gonna pay for that one, but when it's true ...........:rotfl2:You have a good night as well.
Thanks, but it’s probably more a confirmation that I’m not all that smart.
If I’d have moved on when I was younger or picked a different industry to be a part of than I just might have seen some improvement in compensation over the last ten or twelve years (rather than the reductions I’ve received).
You never know, sometimes the grass ain't always greener and security has its benefits to some extent. Sorry about the reductions though, that's a bit of a kick to the midsection.
Bingo, same issue.
I wouldn’t mind getting down there for just a few days but the problem is that I can’t take any time off in January or February.
Maybe next year, I finally said the heck with it so maybe you can get to the point down the road

Okay - went back and read a few posts, and I think I may be teetering on having a nemesis on the Disboards.

Let me explain:

No, but it has been pointed out to Lady K that West Ham are on TV live against the Bindippers tomorrow, so that particular chit is gonna be cashed in at some point.
I hope Declan gets on OK mate.

AND
Yam Yams are from Wolverhampton/Black Country. It's because they speak so slowly, "I am" kinda merges into "Yam".
Bindippers are Liverpool fans. Bins = Trash Cans, Dipping = Stealing. Ergo, Bindipper = those who steal from trash cans.

Have a good evening fellas. London out.

I have been a fan of football since the video game FIFA '98 came out on PlayStation in my college dorm days. I was team-less for a number of years, I just watched whenever it was on TV. Then, my cousin-in-law joined the family. He is from Liverpool, and is now living permanently Stateside . I needed a team, I had a connection, thus, LFC is my football club.

I admit - I watch the games and cheer, but I do not *follow* the team and question all of Jurgen Klopp's moves. But I know his name.

So, L'Poll fans are "Bindippers?" ye-ouch!

In the spirit of playful banter/nemesis challenge, I am not going to throw one down, but, I may respond, if a challenge is issued.

P.S. - My mom bought me a Manchester United jersey for my birthday. And it's my mom, so I can't return it.

tenor.gif

I can't see it mate, but good on the kid. How did he get on at physio?

He's good. She said he was healing well, treated it, gave him some exercises to do and he'll have one more appointment next week.

You have to love YouTube. On the same night that my motherboard fried last week, the washing machine stopped spinning. So we looked it up on YouTube, found the exact problem and fix. Bought the part for $25 this morning and had it fixed in about 45 minutes. That's the second time YouTube has saved me lots of money on that washer.

He's good. She said he was healing well, treated it, gave him some exercises to do and he'll have one more appointment next week.

You have to love YouTube. On the same night that my motherboard fried last week, the washing machine stopped spinning. So we looked it up on YouTube, found the exact problem and fix. Bought the part for $25 this morning and had it fixed in about 45 minutes. That's the second time YouTube has saved me lots of money on that washer.
Glad to hear Declan is recovering well and that you are on a roll with the YouTube fixes.

Morning all from a hot and humid Fredericton.

Lots happened over the last week and much of it wasn't good. Hoping that this week is much better for everyone.

My day did start out pretty good though. About a year ago I hired Declan to do the cleaning at our office. He comes in on Sunday to do his thing and now that he has his license I don't need to drive him. He decided yesterday to leave me a little note.

fiSwFsK47AVWMh5NCKLqCytU3M9AVPaVoXQOg4YFspU8FyIsPW29cbzybJ5hzzFxMi-nYv6IioAtWojajaSENB0aecc_26QescycOqCyZ8Nf58MMDquUj8M80-skBcQeRWKKLcMZrHnClXJM3IFULplyemTJ0IERxD2RnS4gY1tG89kG52dSK4FQTHH75VGfGPntnOYvFgf8TkFWhxO7j3nsoAvSVNtFjutEbMo7zp4ZEUvdlxesxOZDHpByBMac_g96Sum3_INhaR6TynyvYuQUH2QFhkmdiIQL3jEuHMj3pvd79_cnvpYiC6EVQAYRfSwSSGpg7zaU5lMvWSd4irFcvKySkyv-k2YD5d3GIYzwEtMZgBagR5mRgQas5COHsTRCX5C5rEXHtyan3fUuGTCMVb0SG8X5y1zr9wtA-DbXUmgB7yXF9GFRs0tBnNv6W85Imp9674RMPRaEQtLDuKhOBpKMK8mMT2aZIRkUuqSmFzkMnwaFkkM96WjO4FmWdfSCxNsSlf8ITe4-z7YG-oc-xQJwPTdf6wxdTkfrA1GzvvSDcCKn1fyGzramKaOkM8fFI05yQg6PY5Q1NVFkZjh_bzH3l_0i7Gxm9_Q=w1245-h700-no

Man I love this kid, makes me proud everyday.

Sorry for the sappiness to start the week.

Sorry Darcy, I can't see it.

Morning boys from a vaguely rainy London. Hospital appt today, hopefully I get discharged to the local GP. In next doors house tonight, she is a lady of Indian descent, so she cooks the shizzle out of a chicken curry. I'm making Pavlova for us and Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes for their eldest.

Good news on Declan.
I love youtube for stuff like this. I put a new belt on my tumble dryer by watching it.
Okay - went back and read a few posts, and I think I may be teetering on having a nemesis on the Disboards.
:rotfl2:
IF you'd had gone back further, you would have seen the deep emotional trauma your team have inflicted at a very young age. I was born 5 minutes from West Ham's ground, in the East End of London. I was a kid in the early 80s, when Liverpool were winning everything, so probably well over half of my mates supported Liverpool, so I hold a special place in my heart for them, along with Chelsea, Spurs and Millwall. Football in the UK for real fans (I've been going to West Ham for 30 years, off and on) is very tribal, and those who choose a team outside of their locality are viewed with disdain.
Obviously as someone from the US, you get a free pass to support who you like without too much judgement, especially as your in-law is a scouser.
On top of that, there's not much love lost between London and Liverpool, as Liverpudlians never cease to tell us how wonderful it is up North. Whilst living and working in London.
But like you say, its just playful banter, Bindipper is a throwaway term, like Gooner, Cockney Reds, blah blah. No malice intended. But we still haven't forgiven Sammy Lee for 1981.
And if I had a fiver for every time an American had told me in a Disney queue that they supported Man U, I'd be living in Golden Oaks by now.

P.S. - My mom bought me a Manchester United jersey for my birthday. And it's my mom, so I can't return it.
Well, at least its the right colours. :rotfl2::rotfl2:. My boy fell in love with Harry Kane over the World Cup. My MIL decided to buy him a picture/signature print thing of Harry Kane, which she told him about and got him all riled up. When he opened it, the picture is of him in a Spurs kit. Which has been duly confiscated, as there's no way that's getting house room, but then I had to buy him one in an England kit. So that "present" ended up costing me about 15 quid.

Have a great day chaps.

Morning, folks.
Another day, another day at work.
I need to retire.

10 more years! Woot! :sad:

This would be for your foot, or something else? Ether way, praying.
Yeah, for my foot chief. I've been in tennis shoes for about a week now, with a little heel inset. Hopefully this will be the last clinical visit, and then it's just on to physio. In hindsight, I would have probably been OK in Disney, but I am 2 weeks ahead of the recovery schedule they gave me, so we made the right decision. Cheers for the good vibes.

Morning All. Cloudy day here but still hot and humid, still looking for more rain.

Nothing more on tap today than another day at the office.

I can't see it mate, but good on the kid. How did he get on at physio?

Sorry Darcy, I can't see it.

I have no problem sharing something like this again.

20180813_084036.jpg

Morning boys from a vaguely rainy London. Hospital appt today, hopefully I get discharged to the local GP. In next doors house tonight, she is a lady of Indian descent, so she cooks the shizzle out of a chicken curry. I'm making Pavlova for us and Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes for their eldest.

Good luck at the hospital; may your visit but short and fruitful.

‘Morning all…
Good news: our garage found the problem with the boy’s car yesterday.
Disturbing news: if I fix it, it’ll cost us over a grand.
Bad news: I can’t justify replacing it, so I’ve got’a fix it.
Such Is life…

Maybe next year, I finally said the heck with it so maybe you can get to the point down the road
I misspoke…
I didn’t mean to say that I shouldn’t take time off in January; rather it’s that the overlords have forbidden me from taking time off in January. It’s nonnegotiable for the time being, so finally saying to heck with it will involve the element of resigning.

Honestly, I consider that option just about daily.
But then I get another bill in that mail and…

Good to hear.
May he continue to heal quickly.
Better still; may he not find himself at the bottom of another scrum gone awry.

the washing machine stopped spinning. So we looked it up on YouTube, found the exact problem and fix. Bought the part for $25 this morning and had it fixed in about 45 minutes.
Excellent…
Have done similar things, and such applications are most certainly a redeeming factor for YouTube’s existence.

she cooks the shizzle out of a chicken curry. I'm making Pavlova for us
Sounds good mate…

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes for their eldest.
But then again…

…scouser… …Gooner…
Vocabulary time!
I can pretty readily suss out the general meaning of one of those, but how do y’all mean ‘em and to whom are they being applied this time.

I’ll get you to write up that East End dictionary yet (one word at a time).

Morning, folks.
I need to retire.

That’s about the size of it…
Not sure ten more will be enough, but one can dream.

Dang onions….

‘Morning all…
Such Is life…

That's the problem.
Fixing is almost always cheaper than a new car.
But... I want a new car!

Not sure ten more will be enough, but one can dream.

I've been with the same company for 27 years now. 10 more will be more than enough.

‘Morning all…
Such Is life…

Ouch! I hate when that happens.

Top O the Mornin Dads! DW got back home last night from visit with DD just in time to celebrate her birthday today. It's hard going out to dinner on a week night with her parents as they want to be home by 5:00 so just gonna head out early today so we can better manage the their preferred early night habits. Can't really celebrate this coming weekend as we move the boy back to school so DW birthday has been getting lost in the shuffle as this will be year 6for us of moving one of the kids back to school. Have a good one gents, and did I mention I'm going to DDCC :cool1:
Morning, folks.
I need to retire.

Right there with ya, may a couple more than 10 but targeting 10. I'd strat a countdown ticker with ya but likely would be too depressing :-)
Yeah, for my foot chief. I've been in tennis shoes for about a week now, with a little heel inset. Hopefully this will be the last clinical visit, and then it's just on to physio. In hindsight, I would have probably been OK in Disney, but I am 2 weeks ahead of the recovery schedule they gave me, so we made the right decision. Cheers for the good vibes.
Glad to hear the foot recovery is ahead of schedule. No you know if you would have rolled the dice and stuck with plans for WDW the recovery would be behind pace.

View attachment 343677
And we have no problem seeing again! Can you post again tomorrow to start another day off on the right foot?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter