DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

But... I want a new car!
Me too...
But, everyone else in the house comes first.

(and I can't afford new-used ones for them either)

I've been with the same company for 27 years now. 10 more will be more than enough.
38-years as of next month.
But even with what I've saved combined with the recent changes (and likely future ones) to our social safety-net...
It still may not be feasible.

Ouch! I hate when that happens.
You 'n me both.

Right there with ya, may a couple more than 10 but targeting 10. I'd strat a countdown ticker with ya but likely would be too depressing :-)

Yeah. I try not to think about it too much... Still too far away.

Me too...
But, everyone else in the house comes first.

(and I can't afford new-used ones for them either)

<sigh> I get that.

38-years as of next month.

Yep. I knew you'd been at it for longer than I was.

But even with what I've saved combined with the recent changes (and likely future ones) to our social safety-net...
It still may not be feasible.

I thought that bill got defeated and you'd be okay now. It's still in motion?

‘Morning all…
Good news: our garage found the problem with the boy’s car yesterday.
Disturbing news: if I fix it, it’ll cost us over a grand.
Bad news: I can’t justify replacing it, so I’ve got’a fix it.
Such Is life…
Ugh..... sorry about that
That’s about the size of it…
Not sure ten more will be enough, but one can dream.
Huh? I'm just gonna leave this one alone.......................

Huh? I'm just gonna leave this one alone.......................
:lmao:

yellow-wooden-ruler-picture-id516287496

I hear CJ laughing right now as my new driver hit my mailbox with the car. She didn't even make it a month with her license.:lmao::sad2:
I can imagine CJ laughing at that one.
Not that any accident is good, but at least damage was minimal and no one was hurt. A life lesson for sure.

Clearly, as you missed the blindingly obvious double entendre above. I'll let you off with a warning as its Disney week.
Thanks for the warning. Yes, it's a bit hard to focus on anything this - SQUIRREL!! - week. Did I mention it's only three days now?

That’s about the size of it…
Not sure ten more will be enough, but one can dream.
No matter how much you can give, they always want more.

(I couldn't let another one pass by or Dan would have wondered where my 13-year old mind went)

In next doors house tonight, she is a lady of Indian descent, so she cooks the shizzle out of a chicken curry.
I really miss the good chicken tikka masala I used to get overseas.

Good news: our garage found the problem with the boy’s car yesterday.
And so goes the dilemma of owning a vehicle. I feel your pain.

I had both my vehicles in the shop over the last week, just for routine maintenance, but of course they found the brakes worn on both. Always $$$ (doesn't help that it's right before my trip...cutting into my Dole Whip fund...)

Such Is life…
Oof. Sorry bud. That'll pinch a bit.
Vocabulary time!
I can pretty readily suss out the general meaning of one of those, but how do y’all mean ‘em and to whom are they being applied this time.
Scouser - Liverpool - even Uncle Scrooge can't have a problem with this one, its what they call themselves - Scouse I think is like a cabbage stew
Gooner - Arsenal fan - Gunners is their nickname, a Gooner is someone who is a couple of coppers short of a pound, so a bit of a quick win there...
Oh, just so you know, I love you too.
I love him more.
It's hard going out to dinner on a week night with her parents as they want to be home by 5:00 so just gonna head out early today so we can better manage the their preferred early night habits.
But at least you get the early bird discount, right?
No you know if you would have rolled the dice and stuck with plans for WDW the recovery would be behind pace.
You speak truth unto men.
Yeah, yeah I know...
That's what she said...
:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I really miss the good chicken tikka masala I used to get overseas.
The curly haired Ninja has just got into Tikka. It's a bit weird, the lack of good curry houses over the pond. Everyone does their nut over Sannaa bread service. Its the same Naan bread and pickles that I get for £1.50 down the bottom of my road. But you make up for it in Mexican restaurants. There are only about 6 in London that come near to a good Cantina over your side. Needless to say, they are heavily frequented by us......
Maybe this will help.

tenor.gif
:cool1:

Morning boys from a vaguely rainy London. Hospital appt today, hopefully I get discharged to the local GP. In next doors house tonight, she is a lady of Indian descent, so she cooks the shizzle out of a chicken curry. I'm making Pavlova for us and Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes for their eldest.

:rotfl2:
IF you'd had gone back further, you would have seen the deep emotional trauma your team have inflicted at a very young age. I was born 5 minutes from West Ham's ground, in the East End of London. I was a kid in the early 80s, when Liverpool were winning everything, so probably well over half of my mates supported Liverpool, so I hold a special place in my heart for them, along with Chelsea, Spurs and Millwall. Football in the UK for real fans (I've been going to West Ham for 30 years, off and on) is very tribal, and those who choose a team outside of their locality are viewed with disdain.
Obviously as someone from the US, you get a free pass to support who you like without too much judgement, especially as your in-law is a scouser.
On top of that, there's not much love lost between London and Liverpool, as Liverpudlians never cease to tell us how wonderful it is up North. Whilst living and working in London.
But like you say, its just playful banter, Bindipper is a throwaway term, like Gooner, Cockney Reds, blah blah. No malice intended. But we still haven't forgiven Sammy Lee for 1981.
And if I had a fiver for every time an American had told me in a Disney queue that they supported Man U, I'd be living in Golden Oaks by now.

Well, at least its the right colours. :rotfl2::rotfl2:. My boy fell in love with Harry Kane over the World Cup. My MIL decided to buy him a picture/signature print thing of Harry Kane, which she told him about and got him all riled up. When he opened it, the picture is of him in a Spurs kit. Which has been duly confiscated, as there's no way that's getting house room, but then I had to buy him one in an England kit. So that "present" ended up costing me about 15 quid.

Have a great day chaps.

I am the very existence of Neutral. I cheer for Liverpool, and I cheer against Man City (I cheer against the Yankees. I don't care what sport they play.*
But any other football that is on TV, I just want to see a good game.

(For those reading along, Man United and Liverpool are a decent rivalry in Football. It's no Cubs / Cardinals, but it's close. So getting a Man U shirt is like getting a Cubs Jersey for this St. Louis fan.)

That being said, my 2nd team is Crystal Palace, because, well, Crystal Palace is a restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. No, really, that's the reason. I do not follow them, but, when they are on TV, I watch.
OH! and I was 100% #leiciestercitybandwagon a few years back when Jamie Vardy's team won.

As far as anything else, my DW got some good news that, even though this is a private forum, I should wait to share.

I'm still planning on being at the DDCC7 BBQ, but that'll be the only event I'm at, other than a photo opp on Marathon Morning.

Work is about to make me work. I'll check in after lunch.

*The New York Yankees buy their teams. They have for years. They wait for a player to develop, then throw wads of cash at them. In addition, they buy TONS of young talent, and take the loss if it doesn't work out. So, I am willing to cheer for Jeter, as he came up through the organization. but (as an example) A-Rod or Mark Texiera? NOPE. I don't cheer for the Yankees.
and City/ Chelsea / FC Barcelona? That's what they do. Of course, this off-season, L'Pool did the same thing.... oy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter