DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Slow day around here?
Another vacation day, so run a 10 miler and am now walking like John Wayne/Lady Hamilton. But in touching distance of 185. Well, 5 pounds.

Have a great one all, and Darcy and Mike, may your mickey mouse clocks be speedy.

61979670.jpg

Evening Dads, hope you all had a good weekend. A few of you may remember that some time ago I told you DD16 got a job as Elsa with a princess entertainment company. It took her a while to get going due to school exams and some training, but she had her first solo birthday parties over the weekend. I asked her for a picture and she replied with her best teenage snark "it's for the DISdads isn't it?", possibly with an eye roll for emphasis. I get the feeling she does not think we are cool. How odd. :rolleyes1

DSC_0308.JPG

Thanks Gents, it was a real nice weekend, just the 4 of us. Looks like DD graduation weekend will be the last "just the 4 of us" celebration. Here's a pic of the 22 oz. bone in ribeye I had Friday night and on eof the gifts I got from the family for my manhattans
That's an awesome piece of meat (yes, I'm a bit late to the innuendo party).

Beautiful day right now, hopefully the sun will keep shinning and melt some more of this white stuff.

Hoping this next couple of weeks fly by.
We've had a couple OK days here. Snow has been trying to melt but not much so far.

And.......did you enjoy? Hopefully you tipped the Dr Pepper down the sink.
Well, it was pretty potent stuff. Not bad, but I may need to try it with the ginger beer. I mixed with Pepsi. Definitely not Dr. Pepper, not going there again.

Thanks
Yep, but beats the alternative
Thanks - enough comments made on that one already - Norm?

Yeah, no one else jumped on that one and rode it. :lmao:

Have a good commute mate, and a very good day to you as well.

Another vacation day, so run a 10 miler and am now walking like John Wayne/Lady Hamilton. But in touching distance of 185. Well, 5 pounds.

Thanks. 10 miler on vacation? Did you lose a bet? :lmao:

Did the horseback tour at Kualoa Ranch when we were staying at Aulani. Afterward I walked like John Wayne for a couple of days. Would not have made it in the old west.

Now who's getting old?

Evening Dads, hope you all had a good weekend. A few of you may remember that some time ago I told you DD16 got a job as Elsa with a princess entertainment company. It took her a while to get going due to school exams and some training, but she had her first solo birthday parties over the weekend. I asked her for a picture and she replied with her best teenage snark "it's for the DISdads isn't it?", possibly with an eye roll for emphasis. I get the feeling she does not think we are cool. How odd. :rolleyes1

View attachment 221261

And you didn't reply, "Let it go....". :lmao:

Thanks. 10 miler on vacation? Did you lose a bet? :lmao:
Yep, lost a bet with the beer fridge that I wouldn't raid its contents all day Sunday, so this was my penance.
That's an awesome piece of meat (yes, I'm a bit late to the innuendo party).
But he handled it like a master (I'm late too)
I get the feeling she does not think we are cool. How odd. :rolleyes1
Really can't understand it. I get the same eye roll from the missus.
Did the horseback tour at Kualoa Ranch when we were staying at Aulani. Afterward I walked like John Wayne for a couple of days. Would not have made it in the old west.
Nor would I. Horseback riding holds NO fascination for me whatsoever.

Have a good day chaps, from an overcast Birmingham. England, not Alabama.

Morning Gents.

Welcome to Tuesday, hope all you southerners had a good long weekend, as well as just about every other Canadian province. I think we were the only province not to have a February holiday.

Starting to wind down for the upcoming vacation. It doesn't start until the end of next week but I don't want to procrastinate.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Have a good one.
I asked her for a picture and she replied with her best teenage snark "it's for the DISdads isn't it?", possibly with an eye roll for emphasis. I get the feeling she does not think we are cool. How odd. :rolleyes1
Pretty cool job - beats the burger flipping I did back in the day. Your teenage daughter does not think we are cool? Really? Us? No Way? Seriously? :rotfl:
Have a good day chaps, from an overcast Birmingham. England, not Alabama.
Alabama would be better - you would only be about 3 hour drive from here
Morning Gents.

Welcome to Tuesday, hope all you southerners had a good long weekend, as well as just about every other Canadian province. I think we were the only province not to have a February holiday.

Starting to wind down for the upcoming vacation. It doesn't start until the end of next week but I don't want to procrastinate.

Hope everyone has a good day.
I thought it was law or something that there was a minimum 1 holiday per month? You are getting close to the 1 week countdown which for me becomes total disengaged from the day-to-day grind.

Thanks Gents, it was a real nice weekend, just the 4 of us. Looks like DD graduation weekend will be the last "just the 4 of us" celebration. Here's a pic of the 22 oz. bone in ribeye I had Friday night and on eof the gifts I got from the family for my manhattans

63733CCC-9146-448E-A97C-FD0F8289493E_zpsyy9rjrdf.jpg
[/URL]

5F0263D7-CDA8-44D1-B3AC-493BFADBB49E_zpsvaihur3x.jpg
[/URL]

MMMMMMM.........Meeeaaaattttt.

Happy Sunday evening. Had another good day on the job. Now that it has been a month, I can see a lot of changes that need to be made. I'm sure convincing leadership to change will prove to be a difficult task.
You mean you cant just tell them something and it happens.... Weird.

I'm my time zone, you are 5 hours closer to Disney......
Now that's some Disney math right there.

But he handled it like a master (I'm late too)
He does bait people well doesn't he......

Alabama would be better - you would only be about 3 hour drive from here
That would be nice mate, we could crack open those Makers cherries. DW wants to do a tour of the south east (Georgia, Carolinas) for her birthday that shall not be named, so would appreciate any advice you or Norm have. Or anyone who has any knowledge of the area.

It took her a while to get going due to school exams and some training, but she had her first solo birthday parties over the weekend. I asked her for a picture and she replied with her best teenage snark "it's for the DISdads isn't it?", possibly with an eye roll for emphasis. I get the feeling she does not think we are cool. How odd. :rolleyes1

Obviously she just hasn't met us yet. Then she'd know for sure to avoid all contact.

No long weekend for me. They took President's Day away from us a couple of years ago and made it a floating holiday instead. So I can use that holiday whenever I want. I like that better, actually.

Happy Tuesday. A lunch post today from campus. The 70 degree weather has brought out girls wearing tank tops of campus. :goodvibes:goodvibes

My youngest dd played on top tennis court yesterday with HS tennis, and destroyed a junior matched up against her for singles. She might be 3rd of 4th best player on HS team - in 7th grade. Sadly, her coach doesn't actually watch the team play so who knows where or if she will end up playing.

Yep, lost a bet with the beer fridge that I wouldn't raid its contents all day Sunday, so this was my penance.

That's not a bet though. Kudos for you on the 10 miler.

No vacation day here either. I'll make up for it by a week off next month.

He does bait people well doesn't he......

Who???

That would be nice mate, we could crack open those Makers cherries. DW wants to do a tour of the south east (Georgia, Carolinas) for her birthday that shall not be named, so would appreciate any advice you or Norm have. Or anyone who has any knowledge of the area.

I don't know anything about Georgia or Carolinas. I can walk you through WDW by memory though. And, if you are stupid enough to visit KY, I can give you a few suggestions. Most involve alcohol. :lmao:

Best kind of math :thumbsup2 Saw you had some bad weather your way a couple days ago, hopefully you and yours are all o.k. (sorry for the delayed check-up)

Thanks for checking but we are good. All we had around the house was a really good lightning storm. The tornado's hit about 20min away.

Hey guys. Nothing much going on down here with me. A couple of pics from shark tagging and her dive in Loo Key...

Let me know if I am boring you with posting these pics.

You are not one of those fitness nuts are you? Congrats on 10 miles, Disney run in your future?

Great pic. Congrats to her on the gig and i get the "Not the Dis Dads thing."

Now who's getting old?

Nor would I. Horseback riding holds NO fascination for me whatsoever.

The Pirate Princess took riding lessons since she was about 7 and loves horses. Thought she would have fun going on the excursion when we were in Hawaii. Norm, age had nothing to do with it, it is anatomy. Suffice it to say my derrière and "the boys" did not enjoy the ride. It was kind of cool though. It is a working cattle ranch and there were cows everywhere. They also had abandoned bunkers that were built in response to Pearl Harbor and one of the places we rode though was a set for among others Lost and Jurassic Park.

Obviously she just hasn't met us yet. Then she'd know for sure to avoid all contact.

Try to avoid her meeting any of us at all costs. The kid has met many of you and she just rolls her eyes when I tell her something someone said or did. And there is one dad she is determined to shiv.

My youngest dd played on top tennis court yesterday with HS tennis, and destroyed a junior matched up against her for singles. She might be 3rd of 4th best player on HS team - in 7th grade. Sadly, her coach doesn't actually watch the team play so who knows where or if she will end up playing.

Congrats to her. Playing way above her age group.

I don't know anything about Georgia or Carolinas. I can walk you through WDW by memory though. And, if you are stupid enough to visit KY, I can give you a few suggestions. Most involve alcohol. :lmao:

Did the caves in Kentucky which was neat and Norm knows of a good Bourbon bar. Savanna and Charleston are good places to start. Visited both so let me know if you have any questions. My SIL lives in Savannah and I will make sure I don't tell her you are coming.

Not at all mate, its awesome. I show them to George, my 6 year old. He thinks PP is cool as he loves sharks. It could be love. Sorry. How does she feel about the younger man?
Suffice it to say my derrière and "the boys" did not enjoy the ride
:rotfl:
You are not one of those fitness nuts are you? Congrats on 10 miles, Disney run in your future?
Nah, I just run so I can drink beer with my mates and not worry about it, and its the easiest way to get fit for me. I generally have a downhill slide from end August (WDW) to Xmas and then try and get back to my usual shape by March. I hate my clothes feeling uncomfortable. I notice as I get older, its tougher to do though. I might try do one of the Disney marathons at some point, just for the photos.
I didn't want to say, but I think he's talking about Jeff.
She might be 3rd of 4th best player on HS team - in 7th grade. Sadly, her coach doesn't actually watch the team play so who knows where or if she will end up playing.
Is this the same coach who picks who he likes from the pushy moms? I seem to remember you talking about that about 50 pages ago.....she seems to be following in your footsteps...

Have a good evening all.

Last edited:
Savanna and Charleston are good places to start. Visited both so let me know if you have any questions. My SIL lives in Savannah and I will make sure I don't tell her you are coming.
Thanks, I might take you up on that. The questions thing, not the SIL. Charleston and Savannah are top of the list, maybe Myrtle beach. Its the missus' birthday that shall not be named, so no pressure on this booking...

Last edited:
Congrats to DD on the tennis success

The Pirate Princess took riding lessons since she was about 7 and loves horses. Thought she would have fun going on the excursion when we were in Hawaii. Norm, age had nothing to do with it, it is anatomy. Suffice it to say my derrière and "the boys" did not enjoy the ride. It was kind of cool though. It is a working cattle ranch and there were cows everywhere. They also had abandoned bunkers that were built in response to Pearl Harbor and one of the places we rode though was a set for among others Lost and Jurassic Park.
Never boring to see the stuff the kids are up to. Regarding the Hawaii tour sounds like some cool things to see but I'm thinking golf cart rather than horse back - plus I can put a cooler with beer on the golf cart.

Never a problem posting pictures of your kid. Always happy to see them enjoying life - be it tagging sharks or dressing like Elsa.

We went horseback riding once. That was enough of an experience for me.

Nah, I just run so I can drink beer with my mates and not worry about it, and its the easiest way to get fit for me. I generally have a downhill slide from end August (WDW) to Xmas and then try and get back to my usual shape by March. I hate my clothes feeling uncomfortable. I notice as I get older, its tougher to do though. I might try do one of the Disney marathons at some point, just for the photos.
ll.

I just drink and eat and get fat. No worries.

Congrats to DD on the tennis success

Thanks. She's doing much better than I thought she would this early. A tennis scholarship would be cool.

Never! They're so far out of the realm of what I do every day that they're always fascinating to me.

Regarding the Hawaii tour sounds like some cool things to see but I'm thinking golf cart rather than horse back - plus I can put a cooler with beer on the golf cart.

I like the way you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter