• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon and Happy Friday Eve to those of you that will be working tomorrow - ha! Both kids are coming home tomorrow afternoon for the weekend which will be nice as we have not had all 4 together since 1st week of January. Either he has come home or she has so will be great for the 4 of us to hang out. DW is starting to have a tough time with DD heading out on her own and far away from home in a few months. Already in the dumps that we won't see her on birthdays, holidays, etc - you know the def con level 5 on stuff. Don;t get me wrong, I will miss her as well but it looks like it's gonna take the Mrs a bit of time to adjust.
Morning Guys,

Storm day #3 this week for DW and DS. We aren't getting the amount that was forecast but it is blowing quite hard and a number of roads outside the cities have been closed. Streets in this City are still narrow from all the snow that fell during the first of the week.

Come on March 4th!
Sorry for all you guys up north dealing with the real winter weather. Stay safe and warm.
Happy Thursday. Been an early busy morning, driving dd to/ from 5:45 AM swim practice and other dd to school. Went to job #1 and have absolutely nothing there. No emails, other than the forwards and distribution chain emails meant for others. So, I'll hang out here for a bit and go to job #2. Tennis this afternoon followed by chauffeuring dds tonight. Looking forward to WDW in 45 more days. Thank goodness I have an extra vacation week in March to get ready.

I've not tried that vodka, but have with other top shelf blends. Maybe it is just not getting mixed right.
Busy, but not too bad of day - I'm telling you the day they get their license and you can stop the chauffeuring is a great day. On the dirty martini, I leave out the dry vermouth that many use and I just go 2.5 parts Titos vodka and 0.5 "ish" parts olive brine and 3 olives, preferably blue cheese stuffed. You have to like olives to like this mixture.

Looks like the Marlins will not be sold to Ivank's Father-in-Law. Seems Loria wants to become Ambassador to France so he can't sell to their group. Not sure baseball would have approved the deal anyway because what we are hearing, it was put together with duct tape and chicken wire. Shame Trump is going to do that to France. They have my sympathy.

Storm day #3 this week for DW and DS. We aren't getting the amount that was forecast but it is blowing quite hard and a number of roads outside the cities have been closed. Streets in this City are still narrow from all the snow that fell during the first of the week.

Come on March 4th!

Come on March 4th! Feel for you guys up there.

I've not tried that vodka, but have with other top shelf blends. Maybe it is just not getting mixed right.

Not a fan of Titos but to each his own tastes. The big problem with martinis is a lot of bartenders put too much vermouth in them. Ruins them every time.

Both kids are coming home tomorrow afternoon for the weekend which will be nice as we have not had all 4 together since 1st week of January.

Enjoy the family time together. May their be lots of laughter.

Evening boys. Been to a fishing village about an hour away from us today, which is the centre of the UK Oyster industry. A cheeky dozen, half with tabasco and half fried in fish batter. They have a craft brewery in the harbour as well, so 2 for the win. Kids loved the beach as it was cold but very sunny. Kids are now dead to the world after all that sea air.

I just did. I would think Dan would be way more afraid to see me wearing them than him. :lmao:
But the both of us in them could be "July" in the Disdads Calendar. Just be careful of the staples on the centrefold.
I'll drink 'em, but they are an acquired taste. Like Mike says a Dirty is better because the Olive comes through.
Both kids are coming home tomorrow afternoon for the weekend which will be nice as we have not had all 4 together since 1st week of January.
Enjoy that mate, are you cooking?
The big problem with martinis is a lot of bartenders put too much vermouth in them. Ruins them every time.
::yes::
Come on March 4th!
Just keep counting....Just keep counting....Nearly there mate. Look forward to vicariously enjoying WDW through your good self and Mike.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the family weekend.
Enjoy the family time together. May their be lots of laughter.
Enjoy that mate, are you cooking?
Thanks. It is my birthday tomorrow and we are heading out to our favorite steak house to "get to eat some real food" per the kids. Saturday night we will be heating up some Portillos Italian Beef sandmiches (m in their on purpose). Portillos is in Chicago only and famous for Chicago style hot dogs and Italian beefs. So of course the inlaws are joining us Saturday night for some Chicago food. Nice thing is that a box of more Portillos on dried ice showed up on the front porch today from my team here at work so we will be able to maintain the reserves.
But the both of us in them could be "July" in the Disdads Calendar. Just be careful of the staples on the centrefold.
upload_2017-2-16_16-53-15.jpeg

Afternoon and Happy Friday Eve to those of you that will be working tomorrow - ha! Both kids are coming home tomorrow afternoon for the weekend which will be nice as we have not had all 4 together since 1st week of January. Either he has come home or she has so will be great for the 4 of us to hang out. DW is starting to have a tough time with DD heading out on her own and far away from home in a few months. Already in the dumps that we won't see her on birthdays, holidays, etc - you know the def con level 5 on stuff. Don;t get me wrong, I will miss her as well but it looks like it's gonna take the Mrs a bit of time to adjust.

Busy, but not too bad of day - I'm telling you the day they get their license and you can stop the chauffeuring is a great day. On the dirty martini, I leave out the dry vermouth that many use and I just go 2.5 parts Titos vodka and 0.5 "ish" parts olive brine and 3 olives, preferably blue cheese stuffed. You have to like olives to like this mixture.

I love my girls, but yes, enjoy the break when they are at activities. Especially now with two teenagers and DW, that's a lot of estrogen in the house. :lmao:

It wasn't a bad day, and am ready for them to be driving. Honestly, I'm not a big olive fan, but I'd give it a try.

Evening boys. Been to a fishing village about an hour away from us today, which is the centre of the UK Oyster industry. A cheeky dozen, half with tabasco and half fried in fish batter. They have a craft brewery in the harbour as well, so 2 for the win. Kids loved the beach as it was cold but very sunny. Kids are now dead to the world after all that sea air.

Oysters sound good, but not while we are wearing those banana hammocks. That will just drive all the local women crazy. :scared1:

We have another one coming tonight but it's just a normal 25 cms; is it in your future as well.

Hope things went well at the hospital yesterday.
We missed most of that 25cm storm you had. Got the 60cm Tuesday morning until Wednesday afternoon. Schools closed both days. Still cleaning it up this morning, then got another 5cm mixed with freezing rain just to make it nice and messy.

Hospital went OK, DW is doing alright but a bit sore. Without going into too many sticky details, the surgery was on her lady bits, so it will take a few days of bed rest to recover.

Oh wait your talking about winter in Canada....yeah..sorry about that....ummm you may want to think about moving a little farther from the north pole.
Believe me, after this week it's crossed my mind.

Alright me old china? It's bobbins you'd gone doggo on the bants. For half a shake it was getting proper naughty up with the Northerners, the snow's been caning it. Darcy's guv'nor let him hop the wag, Norm sorted his Doris out on Sunday for Valentines and we are having a couple of cheeky sherbets at the Poly when I'm out there for the fortnight with the missus and the nippers. Mike's giving it the large one in his gaff with his 3 Olives and his Blackhawks chicken dippers. Jeff's got the proper @rse with the weather up there, If he ain't careful he's gonna end up at the quacks. Mark's done a Lord Lucan all week.
The scary thing is that after living in Aberdeen for a year, I actually understand some of that.

DW is starting to have a tough time with DD heading out on her own and far away from home in a few months. Already in the dumps that we won't see her on birthdays, holidays, etc - you know the def con level 5 on stuff. Don;t get me wrong, I will miss her as well but it looks like it's gonna take the Mrs a bit of time to adjust.
It will be strange once I get to that point. Right now, being a few years away from an empty nest, I am kind of looking forward to it, but that may change.

Been to a fishing village about an hour away from us today, which is the centre of the UK Oyster industry. A cheeky dozen, half with tabasco and half fried in fish batter. They have a craft brewery in the harbour as well, so 2 for the win. Kids loved the beach as it was cold but very sunny. Kids are now dead to the world after all that sea air.
Sounds like a good time. Time in the salt air will beat them out.

Sounds like a lovely day, oysters sound good, not sure about a beach in February.

We missed most of that 25cm storm you had. Got the 60cm Tuesday morning until Wednesday afternoon. Schools closed both days. Still cleaning it up this morning, then got another 5cm mixed with freezing rain just to make it nice and messy.

Hospital went OK, DW is doing alright but a bit sore. Without going into too many sticky details, the surgery was on her lady bits, so it will take a few days of bed rest to recover.

We didn't get the 25, maybe 10 or 15. Sounds like Moncton is getting nailed with another 50 or 60 today though.

Happy Friday y'all. We finally made it! It's supposed to be a rather nice weekend here in Southeast VA. DS and I are going to take Amtrak up the road a bit to Richmond, VA. He LOVES trains and I got a great rate on the hour ride. My folks are going to pick us (DW will join later) and we'll spend the day finalizing all our plans for our WDW trip coming up in 15 days. Can't wait!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Afternoon All,

guess what.......no storm today. :cool1:

Quiet day and should be a quiet weekend as well.

Happy Birthday Mike!
53555455.jpg

Happy Friday y'all. We finally made it! It's supposed to be a rather nice weekend here in Southeast VA. DS and I are going to take Amtrak up the road a bit to Richmond, VA. He LOVES trains and I got a great rate on the hour ride. My folks are going to pick us (DW will join later) and we'll spend the day finalizing all our plans for our WDW trip coming up in 15 days. Can't wait!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Trains are cool! Have fun.

When do you guys arrive at WDW?

I enjoy a dirty martini - Titos Vodka made in Texas

If you are ever in Austin let me know I will take you by the distillery. I have met Tito Beveridge (yes that is his real name) before; he is a real nice guy.

Well its Friday... and I am only working 1/2 days this weekend so I guess that counts. LOL. Gonna have a few Daddy sodas to celebrate living thru another week.

Hospital went OK, DW is doing alright but a bit sore.
All the best to the missus, Jeff.
Oysters sound good, but not while we are wearing those banana hammocks. That will just drive all the local women crazy. :scared1:
:rotfl:

All right boys. For the VERY few of us at work, I'm calling it. Week's over. Bar is open. What's everyone having?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter