DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning all, just heard this is International Work Naked Day. I pray there are no pictures of any of you at work today.
That holiday needs to be gender specific; one day for each...
Then at least on one of them, there be something worth lookin' at.

Chatty today I see. Still feel like crap and sorry to others that have caught the virus even though you are many miles away. Mea Culpa. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln how was the play?

The kid sent me some pics of her doing lab work. She is trying to find something from samples of sharks and feeder species including different fish and lobsters. In order to find what she wants to analyze, they have to do something that involves chemicals to break down the cell structure. Or something like that, way to science specific for a former Political Science major. One of the cool things is some of the shark samples she actually clipped when she did the shark research stuff.

Hope everyone has a tolerable Monday.

I am very curious to know what they promised you back in the day.

A modicum of satisfaction and a survivable retirement.

Morning all, just heard this is International Work Naked Day. I pray there are no pictures of any of you at work today.
That holiday needs to be gender specific; one day for each...
Then at least on one of them, there be something worth lookin' at.

Not here there wouldn't. :crazy2:

...Hope the family gets better soon and you don't get any of it.

Thanks

The kid sent me some pics of her doing lab work.

Lots of familiar looking stuff there which is why I switched majors. I didn't want to be stuck in a lab. Now I spend most of my time writing grants and in meetings. The labe would have been better.

and an improved Monday afternoon to you sir.

DTD.jpg

Dug through the archives and found this from Dec 2010. Christian, Zerfs, Steve, me & Carl.
This was the first disdad meet. At the time is what the most disdads in one spot at the same time.

Hope your Monday's are going well. Finished my application for a local MBA program today. I am looking for a way to get less sleep.

Chatty today I see. Still feel like crap and sorry to others that have caught the virus even though you are many miles away. Mea Culpa. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln how was the play?

The kid sent me some pics of her doing lab work. She is trying to find something from samples of sharks and feeder species including different fish and lobsters. In order to find what she wants to analyze, they have to do something that involves chemicals to break down the cell structure. Or something like that, way to science specific for a former Political Science major. One of the cool things is some of the shark samples she actually clipped when she did the shark research stuff.

Hope you feel better CJ.

Your daughter looks like she's having a blast. It's probably hard to find anything cooler than doing science stuff with sharks.

View attachment 148185 For those who don't know, I design hvac systems for a hvac/plumbing supply co.
I went on a job today with one of my contractors and he wanted me to put heat in this wood shop.

I'm really not sure? After 32 years, I thought I seen it all. The pictures don't do it any justice but there are cob webs that would make the imagineers at the haunted mansion blush. That's a wood floor, with a saw dust covering. If you look closely, there is saw dust in piles, spread out on everything. There are cans of lacquer, paint you name it. The guy uses a wood stove and two torpedo heaters to heat it!!!! You should see the electrical panel area !
I just pray nobody gets hurt or killed when this place goes up. It's not if, it's when.
I found out, the towns inspector made him clean it up two weeks ago!!! This is cleaned up Don!!!! Before there were no paths, you walked on scrap, wood cut offs and junk.

You know, a match to the place would probably sufficiently heat it up for him... and the county would probably thank you too.

Some things just can't be unseen...

For that, there is always...

giphy.gif

I don't know how I missed this. Very good. Sounds cool!! ( women with rubber gloves always make me nervous for some reason. Lol ) glad to see she is doing well!!

image.jpeg
If anyone is going to via Napoli tonight, can you swing by and get me one of these. I'll send you my address. Lol

Happy Monday. I see it's another chatty day with the old folks returning for 2:00 PM dinner. Driving to campus this week means another daily 150 mile a day commute. There are some great views on campus with the weather warming back up.

Busy few days so just finished catching up. Hope all are healing up. I'm praying that DD and I avoid the cold that DS and SWMBO are enduring. They have been laid up for quite some time and it sounds like a pod of sea lions barking once they start hacking. It is never a good time to get sick but way too much going on this month and with the latest budget news I need to stay on top of my game to make myself look indispensable. This working for a living isn't all I was promised back in the day. Where do I file a complaint?

You file a complaint with HR. They will have a web based training that can help with that.

I am very curious to know what they promised you back in the day.

Remember, that was when the people were running with the dinosaurs. :lmao:

Great now we all caught one of those internet viruses.

(edit) I can't even quote correctly anymore but I'm too lazy to go back and fix it

It is tricky. Maybe the computer virus fixed it.

So, I have four more days to post pictures? :scared1:

I've been around here for 7 years. I still don't know what's going on.

!

What are things Barry's wife hears in the bedroom? :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

DTD.jpg

Dug through the archives and found this from Dec 2010. Christian, Zerfs, Steve, me & Carl.

The first DDCC. Well done guys.

Yeah, the Tundra was a bit out of my reach as well. I've got the access cab with the jump seats in the back. Looking back, I wish I had opted for the double cab.

!

Yeah, DW has insisted on a double cab for me as long as we have the children living here. Maybe I can hold out a few more years and get a Tundra regular cab.

]

Amazing how she can make that part of the job look fun as well. Of course, the diving part is still superior. Is she trying to grow her hair to her ankles? I think my younger dd is doing that and I keep telling her that I'm going to cut it off - hair, not ankles.

Happy Monday. I see it's another chatty day with the old folks returning for 2:00 PM dinner. Driving to campus this week means another daily 150 mile a day commute. There are some great views on campus with the weather warming back up.

You file a complaint with HR. They will have a web based training that can help with that.

Remember, that was when the people were running with the dinosaurs. :lmao:

It is tricky. Maybe the computer virus fixed it.

So, I have four more days to post pictures? :scared1:

What are things Barry's wife hears in the bedroom? :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

The first DDCC. Well done guys.

Yeah, DW has insisted on a double cab for me as long as we have the children living here. Maybe I can hold out a few more years and get a Tundra regular cab.

Amazing how she can make that part of the job look fun as well. Of course, the diving part is still superior. Is she trying to grow her hair to her ankles? I think my younger dd is doing that and I keep telling her that I'm going to cut it off - hair, not ankles.
Let it grow!!! Heck if I could grow hair on my head I would let it grow till I tripped over it. Lol

image.jpeg
As promised, part of electrical corner. I didn't take a picture of the jumper cables!!! Yes, I said jumper cables!!!
I zoomed in on this, I stayed back a good 30 feet. I like my job but I really don't want to get electrocuted.

View attachment 148824
If anyone is going to via Napoli tonight, can you swing by and get me one of these. I'll send you my address. Lol
That looks delicious....

View attachment 148866
As promised, part of electrical corner. I didn't take a picture of the jumper cables!!! Yes, I said jumper cables!!!
I zoomed in on this, I stayed back a good 30 feet. I like my job but I really don't want to get electrocuted.
And they run saws on that distribution? How are you going to tie into that nightmare?

That looks delicious....

And they run saws on that distribution? How are you going to tie into that nightmare?
Ohhhh, I'm not touching anything!! Lol I gave the contractor the heat loss on the building and the rest is up to him. I'm not even making a material list.
I get into this stuff everyday. I was in a house where the lady used aluminum disposable roasting pans as litter boxes for her cats. She stacked them up in the basement when they got full!!! I'd say there were over 200. They wanted me to size a new boiler. I try not to judge, I try to help, I try to look the other way but man, there are some things I just can't do. That was the only time in the last ten I almost lost my cookies. I was gagging in two minutes.

image.jpeg
Here is the corner. That big white cabnet in the back, the panels I showed you are to the left of that.Do you see that red thing in the upper right corner? Behind that you see a door frame, that is where the wood burner sits.
If you get some time, just zoom in on these pictures, I was in awe this building is still standing. There is hot electrical extension cords on the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter