DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas!

Well, as of right now Hurricane Lee has pretty much been a non-storm. A friend at work said that he read NOAA's website that the storm went a little further east, so if it did that would explain the low winds for us. We haven't even had the sustained winds, just the wind gusts, when we do get them. The outer Cape is usually a lot different. They stick further out into the ocean, so the winds and rain are a lot more where they are than where I am on the upper mid-Cape. Unless things change and get stronger during the day I'm in the clear.

South Eastern Maine is on the edge, The center of the tracking models are showing Lee coming across western Nova Scotia and South Eastern New Brunswick.

Regardless, it's going to be wet and windy on Saturday.

@declansdad, are you directly in the storms path?

So we decided for our daughters birthday, we made the reservation, we are staying in a bungalow!! Just two nights, three days. We are making no park plans, just going to hang out in the bungalow. May even make some meals there.
So for tonight, just sitting by the pool watching the sun set.

That sounds like fun. I'm sure she'll like it.

You guys up north keep your heads down. Wont be any worse than a good ole nor’easter. ( I hated those things) You just won’t have to shovel or snow blow anything at least. Worse part down here is we are to far inland for storm surge and we live in concrete bunkers for the most part but we do get the wind and rain and it takes the power out and we have no A/C.
Stay safe up there!

As of right now it's not even to the level of a nor'easter. I had heard it went further out to sea, so if that's the case that would explain how things have turned out for us....which I am not complaining bout one bit.

Nope.
Must be a 'Murican thing.

But I remember this:

View attachment 794258

And this:

View attachment 794259

Remember those test pattern's well.

Morning, Fellas!

Well, as of right now Hurricane Lee has pretty much been a non-storm. A friend at work said that he read NOAA's website that the storm went a little further east, so if it did that would explain the low winds for us. We haven't even had the sustained winds, just the wind gusts, when we do get them. The outer Cape is usually a lot different. They stick further out into the ocean, so the winds and rain are a lot more where they are than where I am on the upper mid-Cape. Unless things change and get stronger during the day I'm in the clear.

That sounds like fun. I'm sure she'll like it.

As of right now it's not even to the level of a nor'easter. I had heard it went further out to sea, so if that's the case that would explain how things have turned out for us....which I am not complaining bout one bit.

Remember those test pattern's well.
Just waking up and I noticed he moved last night and lost a lot of his stream. That’s great!

Good to hear
Prism was a paid channel, maybe right around the time HBO started. It had movies but for the most part it was a sports channel.
Nope. Never heard of it. I’m gonna stick with it being only south of the 49th.

Morning, Fellas!

We are closer to the western edge. The winds are starting to pick up, it is supposed to be up to 90KPH here and 4 to 6 inches of rain. Where my parents live will will be closer to the eye. It's a freaking big storm, over 600 Km wide

Good to hear

It was a regional paid cable channel. Prism stood for Philadelphia, regional, in home, sports and movies. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And it was unscrambled. Lol

It was a regional paid cable channel. Prism stood for Philadelphia, regional, in home, sports and movies. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread. And it was unscrambled. Lol
I actually looked it up. I was like, "Yup. That would explain why it didn't show up in Canada..."

Happy Sunday, everyone! @pkondz, Happy Day to you. :teeth: Well, as mentioned earlier, the storm wasn't as bad here due to it heading further out to sea. Now on to the next one, right? Its funny, when I first booked my trip to Disney for the DDCC I was worried about a blizzard stopping me from flying down. Now that the threat of Hurricane Lee was upon us, and thankfully passed, I'm not so worried about a blizzard.

Well, off to get the DD ready for church. C'ya everyone.

TTFN

Good to hear

I'm sure a lot of people around here were pretty ok with it heading further out to sea, and thus, less of an impact on us. I know I'm ok with it. We've had a lot of rain lately, so I was worried about the high winds and rain soaked ground.

We are closer to the western edge. The winds are starting to pick up, it is supposed to be up to 90KPH here and 4 to 6 inches of rain. Where my parents live will will be closer to the eye. It's a freaking big storm, over 600 Km wide

How'd you guys do during the storm?

@pkondz, Happy Day to you. :teeth:
Wednesday. Thursday starts at midnight though. Only two Fridays this "week".

Really surprised you can't keep track.

:rolleyes1
I'm sure a lot of people around here were pretty ok with it heading further out to sea, and thus, less of an impact on us. I know I'm ok with it. We've had a lot of rain lately, so I was worried about the high winds and rain soaked ground.
Just not a concept I can easily grasp. We don't have hurricanes (or typhoons either, for you Northwest Pacific Ocean folks, or tropical cyclone for you South Pacific folks) here. Or earthquakes. We do get the occasional tornado now.
So the ground doesn't move and the wind don't blow you over... you just freeze to death.

Prism was a paid channel, maybe right around the time HBO started. It had movies but for the most part it was a sports channel.
Ok, I had never heard of it.
Good to hear

Its a Yankee thing.
We didn't have it south of the 32nd.

90KPH whats that in American like 30-35MPH? :rotfl2:
But seriously yall stay safe up there.

Just not a concept I can easily grasp. We don't have hurricanes (or typhoons either, for you Northwest Pacific Ocean folks, or tropical cyclone for you South Pacific folks) here. Or earthquakes. We do get the occasional tornado now.
So the ground doesn't move and the wind don't blow you over... you just freeze to death.
We get hurricane force storms every once in a while, regularly down on the coast (that's why I don't live there) But we do get tornados every spring. And people will freeze to death anytime it drops below 70F.

You do realize that the rest of the world has figured out the metric system, right? ;)

It's about 55 MPH
Meh, the foot prints on the moon weren't metric, so I'm good. LOL

Actually I can handle the rough conversions to metric in my head for shorter lengths, but I have to pull out a calculator when its gets over about 500m.

Hope yall were able to ride it out safe.

Ok, I had never heard of it.

Its a Yankee thing.
We didn't have it south of the 32nd.

90KPH whats that in American like 30-35MPH? :rotfl2:
But seriously yall stay safe up there.

We get hurricane force storms every once in a while, regularly down on the coast (that's why I don't live there) But we do get tornados every spring. And people will freeze to death anytime it drops below 70F.
Hahahaha.
YANKEE ?? NOOOO. It was Phillies thing. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter