DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Good start to the day, put what I thought was a coffee in the Keurig, turned out to be hot chocolate. Sat down and got comfortable only to have the batteries die in the remote. Waiting for Declan to finish up an exam before jumping on the treadmill.
Go back to bed mate. Today is gonna clearly be a disaster.
Just browsing or something specific?
Catching up on the late night shows (Kimmel and Colbert), bit of Disney stuff, bit of GMFB.
Something is weird though, I find those Luxury travel vlogs pretty relaxing...
I'm also starting to price up a Tiki Bar and seating for the garden when the kids are done with the fort and the swing, which isn't that far away.

Top O the Mornin' Chaps (what do Top O the Mornin Chaps look like??) and a very happy Friday Eve!

In a nutshell, got about 5 pretty pictures and a floor plan and turned it into reality. I drew that minifig dome roof literally on a piece of scrap paper, which I've kept. It's a new format, so we were pretty much making it up as we went.
Very nice work right there I don't care who you are that here is nice work (my bad imitation of Rob - miss his writings around here)
Well, was planning on turning in notice tomorrow, but will be doing it today. I have a floating holiday I have to use, so thinking tomorrow is a good day for that. Debating about a beach trip, KSC or maybe some range time.
All the best with the upcoming changes :thumbsup2

With the new Man Law established, after thinking actually have 3 trips on the books with DDCC 10 8-) Sorry, is that rubbing it in (#TWSS). Have a great day Chaps - Bacon, Bourbon, Cigars & Mickey Bars!

Hey strangers, it’s been a while....again.

Just enjoying the happy coincidence that my first day off in 2 weeks is on the same day as our first day of sunshine in ages. I think in 18 days. It’s been a cold, wet miserable month in these parts (yes, even worse than usual). We are close to breaking the all time rainfall record for April. Literally been rain drizzle and fog for weeks. I almost forgot what the sun looked like.

Oldest DD finished her last exam today for her third year of university. One more year to go.

Not much new to report. I hope all is well. I keep missing chunks of banter. I was delightfully surprised to see a discussion of what type of chaps that nice girl was wearing. I’m glad you guys never change.

What day is it again? It is Thursday. Good. Work tomorrow and another HS tennis match will make for a long day.

That's gotta be a record for you guys? This late in the year??

Not a record, but rare. Some posted pictures over an inch.

Morning, Chaps! Tried something different. :teeth: Another good day yesterday. The nurse practitioner I worked with the last couple of days told me yesterday, before I left, that I did a good job and wished I could stay and work the front desk permanently. That made me feel good. But today I'm off to a new office: Podiatry. This should be fun because this office is a slow office. I hope they allow reading at the front desk, or studying, because I'm bringing my medical terms book with me. Well, that's it, guys, have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

I agree with londontime, comment away, my friend. This is an exciting time for you.

That's late. How much did you guys get?

See I do have time to worry, and that's my problem. I wind up doing ok, like the last two days, but I worry. We have that as well with regards to paper forms. NP's and Dr.s will print forms out, sign them, have them scanned and then shred the documents they just printed out. Crazy. I get it, they need to sign the forms, but the waste is crazy.

I agree!

I would love some downtime at work. Monday was terrible, and I couldn't catch up until Tuesday. Today, I think I discharged close to 10 patients, so it will be even more crazy tomorrow with a bunch of new one.

Well, was planning on turning in notice tomorrow, but will be doing it today. I have a floating holiday I have to use, so thinking tomorrow is a good day for that. Debating about a beach trip, KSC or maybe some range time.

How about some range time followed by a beach trip? What's KSC?

Go back to bed mate. Today is gonna clearly be a disaster.

Catching up on the late night shows (Kimmel and Colbert), bit of Disney stuff, bit of GMFB.
Something is weird though, I find those Luxury travel vlogs pretty relaxing...
I'm also starting to price up a Tiki Bar and seating for the garden when the kids are done with the fort and the swing, which isn't that far away.

Not sure I've posted thus before, but my wife's cousin's husband put up one in their house. My outlaws - a funny story. My wife's cousin didn't have any money, and didn't even have indoor plumbing until she was a teenager. She's around my age. She hires in to work for HR in Kimball furniture, and ends up marrying one of the sons of the family that started/ owns the business. Yeah, she's now loaded. So, in their Frank Lloyd Wright (inspired or designed - don't remember) built home around the family constructed lake with the other family members' properties, there is a tiki bar with stadium chairs from the St. Louis' Cardinals.

Pre-CoVID, we went there for holidays. I'll try to remember to get a picture once we return.

Page One Updated! :thumbsup2

We still doing those? I need to check out page 1 again.

Top O the Mornin' Chaps (what do Top O the Mornin Chaps look like??) and a very happy Friday Eve!

View attachment 569831

Very nice work right there I don't care who you are that here is nice work (my bad imitation of Rob - miss his writings around here)

All the best with the upcoming changes :thumbsup2

With the new Man Law established, after thinking actually have 3 trips on the books with DDCC 10 8-) Sorry, is that rubbing it in (#TWSS). Have a great day Chaps - Bacon, Bourbon, Cigars & Mickey Bars!

It's only rubbing you in if you don't take me. :sad:

I've had 2 trips booked, but never 3. Here's to goal setting.

Hey strangers, it’s been a while....again.

Just enjoying the happy coincidence that my first day off in 2 weeks is on the same day as our first day of sunshine in ages. I think in 18 days. It’s been a cold, wet miserable month in these parts (yes, even worse than usual). We are close to breaking the all time rainfall record for April. Literally been rain drizzle and fog for weeks. I almost forgot what the sun looked like.

Oldest DD finished her last exam today for her third year of university. One more year to go.

Not much new to report. I hope all is well. I keep missing chunks of banter. I was delightfully surprised to see a discussion of what type of chaps that nice girl was wearing. I’m glad you guys never change.

Good to see you again stranger. CBO will be around with the member number gag soon enough. It still makes me laugh.

So, in their Frank Lloyd Wright (inspired or designed - don't remember) built home around the family constructed lake with the other family members' properties, there is a tiki bar with stadium chairs from the St. Louis' Cardinals.
Nice. Is she looking for a british bit on the side? I'll just live in one of the houses.

With the new Man Law established, after thinking actually have 3 trips on the books with DDCC 10

We used to all pursue the life of CJ. I think that goal has now passed on to aspiring to the Life of Mike.

Just enjoying the happy coincidence that my first day off in 2 weeks is on the same day as our first day of sunshine in ages.

Well, that's some good timing, anyway.

That seems like it went...unusually fast.

I was an only child, and my kids have taught me there is nothing more sanctimonious in this world than a kid whose sibling is in the 5h!t.

Truer words were never spoken. (I have 2 younger brothers)

Had to Google that expression.

Me too.

So, in their Frank Lloyd Wright (inspired or designed - don't remember) built home around the family constructed lake with the other family members' properties, there is a tiki bar with stadium chairs from the St. Louis' Cardinals.

This sounds vaguely like the Life of Mike. Are you going to put a trailer on their lawn?

Kentucky Steamed Chicken, for those on a diet. It's not great.

:rotfl2: Not to be confused with Springfield Steamed Hams.

Always up early, but this morning was rewarded with launch. Got video of the launch and then pictures of the first stage boosters coming back. Strange effect this morning...guess the atmospheric conditions were just right and when they came back, created a northern lights effect and then essentially smoke rings in the sky. If you've ever seen people blow smoke rings...like that......except BIGGER.

Morning, gents.

Okay, Mother Nature. Just... stop.
Two days ago -2C/28F and snowing.
Yesterday 20C/68F and was on the bike.
Today -4C/25F (high forecast of 4C/39F... low -11C/12F)

Kentucky Steamed Chicken, for those on a diet. It's not great.
It's not bad, but the breaded coating gets all soggy.
We used to all pursue the life of CJ. I think that goal has now passed on to aspiring to the Life of Mike.
:thumbsup2
That seems like it went...unusually fast.
I was thinking that!
"Didn't she just start (her first year)"???
Then I remember that my youngest is finishing her third year.
Always up early, but this morning was rewarded with launch.
Cool!!
Got video of the launch and then pictures of the first stage boosters coming back.
Thanks for the photos. Pretty cool effect!
:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter