DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Was is dry? Ron will know what I mean :)

Oh that would be The Great Epcot Drinking Drought or Epcot Prohibition:rolleyes1story. Many years ago Carl and I were at Epcot one night and after the fireworks there was EMHs till 11, we had the idea of drinking around the world after the fireworks:dancer::drinking1. So after the fireworks we are in Morocco and go to order a drink, sorry closed:eek:, then every booth we tried was already shut down or closed:confused3, so now we are sneeking up on :tiptoe::ssst: the places that sell drinks like cops sneaking up on a speakeasy during prohibition:magnify:. Even Mexico nothing:scared:. It was a dry night:crazy2:.

I don't think anyone ever asked this question. Can I drink around the world during Epcot EMH:confused3 Answer - NO absolutely not, after the fireworks if you want to drink get on a bus to DS:thumbsup2

Hope everyone got a chuckle years later I still find this hilarious :rotfl2:

Seems like all are doing o.k. these days around here. Don;t know about you guys, but I am ready for spring & summer as they bring warmer temps, allow me to sit outside with a nice cigar more often, brings Cubs game / baseball season and most importantly a spring and summer trip to DaWorld! I'm a simple man with simple needs just need warmer weather and sunshine would be good once in awhile.
DD got invited to her Formal. Since the school is so small they do one for grades 9-12. He is just a friend from her class and had a crush on her in 7th grade but I told him back then I have access to heavy equipment and 10,000 acres of remote forest land so he kept his distance. At their age they are both too young to drive so I imagine I will be chauffeur for this event.
Ahh, another one having to deal with their little princess growing up and dealing with boys. CJ and I used to talk how we were looking forward to pulling up a couple of chairs and watching the rest of you deal with daughters growing up. So it is just me with that chair unless Randall wants to pull up a seat and chuckle a bit at the rest of you Dads.
@londontime My niece works for legoland, so maybe I'll get a chance to catch up with you there or at DTD.
DTD? Huh? Going to Disneyland are you? Getting a bit sloppy for a DISDad :rolleyes:
Fishing with a biscuit. Can't make this stuff up.
Only in Kentucky Norm. Or Tennessee, Alabama .....:rotfl:

Seems like all are doing o.k. these days around here. Don;t know about you guys, but I am ready for spring & summer as they bring warmer temps, allow me to sit outside with a nice cigar more often, brings Cubs game / baseball season and most importantly a spring and summer trip to DaWorld! I'm a simple man with simple needs just need warmer weather and sunshine would be good once in awhile.

Ahh, another one having to deal with their little princess growing up and dealing with boys. CJ and I used to talk how we were looking forward to pulling up a couple of chairs and watching the rest of you deal with daughters growing up. So it is just me with that chair unless Randall wants to pull up a seat and chuckle a bit at the rest of you Dads.

DTD? Huh? Going to Disneyland are you? Getting a bit sloppy for a DISDad :rolleyes:

Only in Kentucky Norm. Or Tennessee, Alabama .....:rotfl:
On phone...no Multiquoting.

Have you heard about the new Cubs broadcast deal? May not be as easy to catch games now. :sad:

I'll pull up a chair and join you in the chuckle-fest. My youngest just turned 18 and all three were good for many a "let me tell ya about..." story.

Not sloppy in the least. It will ALWAYS be DTD for me...DS is some marketing bean counters attempt at something.(not sure what other than idiocy). Get off my lawn.

I have no idea why he is fishing with a scone, but I do like where he lives.

I say biscuit. You say scone. You're wrong. Americans were here first. Wait....

Oh that would be The Great Epcot Drinking Drought or Epcot Prohibition:rolleyes1story. Many years ago Carl and I were at Epcot one night and after the fireworks there was EMHs till 11, we had the idea of drinking around the world after the fireworks :rotfl2:

I didn't know there was no drinking around the world during emh. So, I learned something new today. Nowadays, if I had been in Epcot for 12 hours, I don't need to drink around the world. I need a golf cart to drive me back to the resort.

Seems like all are doing o.k. these days around here. Don;t know about you guys, but I am ready for spring & summer as they bring warmer temps, allow me to sit outside with a nice cigar more often, brings Cubs game / baseball season and most importantly a spring and summer trip to DaWorld! I'm a simple man with simple needs ...:rotfl:

I'm hoping we can enjoy that bourbon and cigar together one day. Outdoor smoking venues aren't as common as they used to be.

Not sloppy in the least. It will ALWAYS be DTD for me...DS is some marketing bean counters attempt at something.(not sure what other than idiocy). Get off my lawn.

I still call it dtd as well. I don't get the new layout. Citiwalk was really well done. I'm not sure who thought of DS design, but it has made me not want to go there. I still go as the dds and DW enjoy shopping.

Well it's another day in Halifax and no flights home, so we are getting a car and driving the last 5hrs home. It's been one Beverly of a trip home.

It's Lego mate.
So all of the stores are now one way or another are on my radar. I think the store in Oxmoor is pretty new, so it might be a while. But I'll do my best. Also trying to get some kind of refurb going in Disney Springs in January on an completely unrelated matter. :rolleyes1
Everything is Awesome.

Very cool. There's a Lego store in the Christiana Mall in Delaware about 25 minutes from me. Spent a lot of money there over the years...usually around Christmas time.

A cubic foot of water is approximately 62.43 pounds but without knowing the moisture content of your snow I can't finish the calculations.

Normal conversion is 1cm snow = 1mm water.

This thread got really nerdy in a hurry.

Happy "Let's double the price of flowers day" from a frosty and foggy London.

My wife always tells me to wait and buy her chocolate on Feb. 15, when it's 50% off.

Bought the DW a card and a gift... waited up to make sure she was asleep... then forgot to put it out where she'd see it.

And they say romance is dead!

Fishing with a biscuit. Can't make this stuff up.

:rotfl2:

I'm with you--warmer weather makes everything better. I can't play golf in this February crap.

On phone...no Multiquoting.

Have you heard about the new Cubs broadcast deal? May not be as easy to catch games now. :sad:

I'll pull up a chair and join you in the chuckle-fest. My youngest just turned 18 and all three were good for many a "let me tell ya about..." story.

I did not hear about the CUbs new broadcast deal though I knew they were working on one. Still has to be part of the MLB package to watch them I would think? I'm with you on DTD, just breaking your chops a bit. Pull up that chair, not sure if 18 year old qualifies as you have not dealt with the college years or a wedding, but we'll have you pull up a chair on a trial basis :-)
I didn't know there was no drinking around the world during emh. So, I learned something new today. Nowadays, if I had been in Epcot for 12 hours, I don't need to drink around the world. I need a golf cart to drive me back to the resort.
:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I'm hoping we can enjoy that bourbon and cigar together one day. Outdoor smoking venues aren't as common as they used to be.
I hear ya that's why I enjoy our patio set-up so much. I can enjoy a good stick and good bourbon without paying bar prices for either plus don;t have to worry about driving. I think it's about time for your DW and DDs to have another concert in Nashville so we can hang out again.
Well it's another day in Halifax and no flights home, so we are getting a car and driving the last 5hrs home. It's been one Beverly of a trip home.
This really has been one of the worst travel challenges I have heard of in while. So sorry you and the family have the extra cost and headache.

I did not hear about the CUbs new broadcast deal though I knew they were working on one. Still has to be part of the MLB package to watch them I would think? I'm with you on DTD, just breaking your chops a bit. Pull up that chair, not sure if 18 year old qualifies as you have not dealt with the college years or a wedding, but we'll have you pull up a chair on a trial basis :-)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hear ya that's why I enjoy our patio set-up so much. I can enjoy a good stick and good bourbon without paying bar prices for either plus don;t have to worry about driving. I think it's about time for your DW and DDs to have another concert in Nashville so we can hang out again.

This really has been one of the worst travel challenges I have heard of in while. So sorry you and the family have the extra cost and headache.
I think I'm more than qualified with my oldest DD alone. Been through that and more. The middle DD, well, that will have to be an in person discussion...won't post that in a public forum.

So I get 2/3 of a rocking chair. Good thing I lost that weight.

Evening everyone from a snow covered Westfield NB. Finally made it home after about 65 hrs of travel time, nice to be back.The guys from work had my driveway plowed, walkways shovled. :thumbsup2.
Holy crap. Glad you finally made it!

Nice of the guys from work to help you out. :)

Morning chaps from a frosty London.

Evening everyone from a snow covered Westfield NB. Finally made it home after about 65 hrs of travel time, nice to be back.The guys from work had my driveway plowed, walkways shovled. :thumbsup2.
If anyone wants to watch Rob's vacation video, click on the link below....
images.jpeg

too soon?
Good to hear you made it back buddy. That was brutal. Get some shuteye. Just remember. Those aren't pillows.......

I hear ya that's why I enjoy our patio set-up so much. I can enjoy a good stick and good bourbon
I use mine to get away from from idiot loafer extended family. With a stick and a bourbon.
Well that sucks. I usually get quite a few of the games over in my little corner of the world.
Doc have you been to any of the Florida league MiLB games down there? I was gonna take my boy to one while we are out in August. You're obviously more than welcome to join us....
Nowadays, if I had been in Epcot for 12 hours, I don't need to drink around the world. I need a golf cart to drive me back to the resort.
:laughing:
Very cool. There's a Lego store in the Christiana Mall in Delaware about 25 minutes from me. Spent a lot of money there over the years...usually around Christmas time.
Yeah, I am beyond excited. I've been really lucky in the firms that I've worked for. I'll throw up some photos of the London Head office. It's just too much fun.
My wife always tells me to wait and buy her chocolate on Feb. 15, when it's 50% off.
We are the same, we are going out on Monday.

Have a great day chaps, I'll be back later to call it, unless anyone is finishing particularly early...

Sorry it was such a horrible time, but I'm glad y'all finally got home.

Nice the guys from work helped you out.....at least one bright spot.

So it is just me with that chair unless Randall wants to pull up a seat and chuckle a bit at the rest of you Dads.

giphy.gif

Happy Friday. Another snowfall catastrophe predicted here. I need to run out for French toast supplies.

I guess I'm no different from a fish. I'd be caught with a biscuit too.
Warm... with butter and jam, thanks.

Yum. Biscuits with butter and BlackBerry jam, only after biscuits n gravy.

Ugh. Glad you made it and your driveway was clear.

e.

That sounds like a good idea. Let's see if we can figure something out. My girls all like to shop at Opry Mills Mall. That may be a good excuse as well.

If anyone wants to watch Rob's vacation video, click on the link below....
View attachment 382496

Bravo 007.

Is it 5:00 yet? Somewhere?
Too much sh!te at work this week, looking forward to the weekend.

@Zmack Glad you made it home Rob, that was brutal. I've was stuck in Halifax one night due to weather years ago, so I know the feeling, although your situation sounded worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter