DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hi there DisDads, I just got back from WDW last night and brought a float full of princesses to help brighten your Monday morning:

princesses.jpg

It was as magical a trip as ever, just a 4-nighter but we got to hit all 4 parks. It started with some serious pixie dust as we got upgraded from our Magical Holidays room offer to a 5th-floor Club level room at Grand Floridian(!!!), then we got in 2 FOP FP's on the same day, and then the projected monsoon held off for Mickey's Very Merry party on Friday night. Now just trying to stave off "the-sadness" as GIAGD put it a few weeks back, but it helps to have Christmas right around the corner (and another trip "home" in 75 days).

And today, to wish us all a Merry Christmas, Governor Thanos called a special legislative session. He's going after the retirement system again.

It was as magical a trip as ever, just a 4-nighter but we got to hit all 4 parks. It started with some serious pixie dust as we got upgraded from our Magical Holidays room offer to a 5th-floor Club level room at Grand Floridian(!!!), then we got in 2 FOP FP's on the same day, and then the projected monsoon held off for Mickey's Very Merry party on Friday night. Now just trying to stave off "the-sadness" as GIAGD put it a few weeks back, but it helps to have Christmas right around the corner (and another trip "home" in 75 days).

Definitely jealous. The last DVC resort to stay at WDW for us is the VGF. I looked at main building club level trip there for an anniversary weekend trip. I had a bad case of sticker shock.

Aaaannnd another reason I'm glad I don't do fb.

I think that's just a Canadian thing. :scared1::lmao:

Last edited:

and it may save your life. It did mine.

That it may.

On another note, got a call on the way home that I never wanted to get, "Dad, I'm in the ditch."

DS hit a slippery spot and ended up just over the lip of the ditch hung up on the small snow bank. This is one time I won't complain about the early snow we've had. Without that small back of hard pack he may have ended up in a marsh. He wasn't hurt and only some cosmetic damage to the Tuscon so all is good.

It started with some serious pixie dust as we got upgraded from our Magical Holidays room offer to a 5th-floor Club level room at Grand Floridian(!!!)

Nice! Glad it was a good time.

And today, to wish us all a Merry Christmas, Governor Thanos called a special legislative session. He's going after the retirement system again.

Good grief. Aren't there any other issues in Kentucky he can work on?

On another note, got a call on the way home that I never wanted to get, "Dad, I'm in the ditch."

Yikes. Glad he's ok.

That it may.

DS hit a slippery spot and ended up just over the lip of the ditch hung up on the small snow bank. This is one time I won't complain about the early snow we've had. Without that small back of hard pack he may have ended up in a marsh. He wasn't hurt and only some cosmetic damage to the Tuscon so all is good.

Glad to hear Declan is ok. Tell him Santa says Merry Christmas.

Morning All,

Not a lot of snow so far but enough to make the driving not so good; that means that DS and DW got to sleep in today.

Also means my only meeting of the day just got cancelled so it will be a quiet day in the office.

Hope you all have a great day!

'Morning all...
Things are quiet down this way.
Maybe too quite.

I just worked 32 of the last 48 hours. Not feeling blessed yet
As Flick once said: "Thith is nuths..."

and it may save your life. It did mine.
Something that is worth considering...
Might have save my Ma, where it more the practice back then.

But he walked away, so it's all good.
Those calls are never fun.

Morning all. Youngest dd got quite a bit of playing time on JV basketball last night. No points, but she came in to guard the other player's center and held her scoreless. She added 2 blocks, 2 assists, and not sure how many rebounds. She was happy with her play despite the team loss.

Glad he is ok. Sorry to hear about the damage.

Good grief. Aren't there any other issues in Kentucky he can work on?

No. The Thanos objective. He successfully lowered the corporate tax rate and raised taxes on everyone else, following that trickle down economics playbook.

Now, this new pension Bill would just effect new hires and would leave mine alone. And maybe I should be happy with that, however, I do worry that without a retirement system in a right to work/ non-union state, who would provide those job functions? More importantly, his Bill doesn't say how he would fund the retirement system. So, my thoughts are that if no one new is paying into the system, then the fund goes bankrupt in ??? year and everyone is screwed.

Thanks for all the Well Wishes, feeling a lot better, it's pretty much a chest cold now.

I did find out a couple things on my last trip for those who like to collect Transportation cards, In addition to the cards now there are 2 different Honorary Bus Driver Stickers. Also a Monorail CM told me that they still have the old Monorail Co-Pilot card that they use to give out when you were able to ride with the pilot:thumbsup2

That it may.

Glad he's ok.

Morning all. Youngest dd got quite a bit of playing time on JV basketball last night. No points, but she came in to guard the other player's center and held her scoreless. She added 2 blocks, 2 assists, and not sure how many rebounds. She was happy with her play despite the team loss.
Now, this new pension Bill would just effect new hires and would leave mine alone. And maybe I should be happy with that, however, I do worry that without a retirement system in a right to work/ non-union state, who would provide those job functions? More importantly, his Bill doesn't say how he would fund the retirement system. So, my thoughts are that if no one new is paying into the system, then the fund goes bankrupt in ??? year and everyone is screwed.

Congrats to your youngest. You can check her stats here https://khsaa.org/sports/winter/girls-basketball/. DD is playing the post position for JV and occationally Varsity this year. Not confident on offense but boxes out well for someone who might way 120lbs soaking wet.

The pension system is a mess. Starting in 2016 there were more people drawing from the system than paying in. https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article177157361.html. Eventually they will have to just say "Sorry, we can't pay you what we promised". I'm in a 401(K) that isn't doing much so I will be working until I am dead or unable to work anymore. Here in the heart of Appalachia things are ugly and getting worse. People finally realize coal isn't coming back so rather than wait around for an upswing in production like they used to do they are migrating out. At the next official census we should be at about the same population here that it was in 1890. Plenty of places for sale cheap if you need a place to hide out when the excrement hits the fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!