DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Last day at the office for 2018.
It's my 2nd last day (kind of - I'm coming in on 31st to do month end stuff, but only 1 day out of 11 in the office isn't bad).

I volunteered to come in the office at 6:00am tomorrow to help cook our annual Christmas breakfast. I have a new Mickey ugly Christmas sweater that I plan on wearing. Why not. It's a bit of fun.

It's my 2nd last day (kind of - I'm coming in on 31st to do month end stuff, but only 1 day out of 11 in the office isn't bad).

I volunteered to come in the office at 6:00am tomorrow to help cook our annual Christmas breakfast. I have a new Mickey ugly Christmas sweater that I plan on wearing. Why not. It's a bit of fun.

So will you be posting a picture of said sweater?

What did you think of the Survivor finale?

I like to tell them if I'm so important that I can't disappear for a couple of weeks without everything going to he!!, they need to pay me a lot more.

Good one! Thinking you don’t really want them to agree.

The state is a mess all around. Academia is replacing tenure positions with adjuncts. My position was reclassified when the previous person left but I'm just happy to have a job at this point. Already told the kids to stay out of higher ed and DS is looking into the Air Force. It is going to be interesting times for the ones coming up behind us and probably not in a good way.

I find this so odd. You’d think with all the boomers starting to retire that there’d be jobs all over and employers bending over backwards to hire and retain workers.

That does sound like fun! :)

Well...
I'd say Angelina has zero chance of winning.
And either Mike or Nick have the best chance with Alison a dark horse.
Not that it’s too hard to pick winners out of a small pool, but...

Liked it. But had hoped that Nick, Alison and Kara would’ve teamed up to oust Mike. In the end it worked out probably better for Nick. I think voting would’ve been much closer.

So will you be posting a picture of said sweater?
Sure.

I was happy that Nick won it. I wanted to like Mike, but there was something about him that put me off. I didn't see much from the three women that I felt made a deserving winner of them, perhaps I would have been OK with Kara. All in all, a good season.

I might go in on the 31st as well. Just to clean out the piles on my desk without anyone else there to bother me.

Good one! Thinking you don’t really want them to agree.

Exactly! Just leave me alone on vacation!

Guys, say a prayer for me please.

Woke up this morning and my foot was hurting (fine when I went to bed last night)

It felt like a fracture almost, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I could do that while sleeping.

It got progressively worse through the day and one of the guys at work mentioned gout. When I came home from work, I've been in bed the whole time (except necessary trips to the bathroom). It hurts like the dickens. I don't want to go to the Dr if I can avoid it since I have new insurance with new job and will have to meet the deductable before they pay anything.

Hoping and praying it feels better in the morning. G'night

Praying Hope you feel better soon Doc:goodvibes, Get it checked out ASAP, Don't wait like I did :scared1:

We went to the cell phone store to get my son a phone, well it turns out that my flip phone and my wife's i5 will not work in a couple months, I think he said it had it be a i6 or 7 or newer, for some reason yada yada yada. Anyway my son and wife got the newest i phone buy 1 get 1. Me I got the newest state of the art flip phone for a whopping 7 bucks:thumbsup2. And hate everything about it, if I had to go to a non flip phone, I would rather not have a phone at all.

I'm also not looking forward to the next time I have to buy a car, after renting a few on different trips, I want a actual key that starts the car not a push button, and a real shifter, not a knob. It's just more stuff to break:eek:

Well...

Not that it’s too hard to pick winners out of a small pool, but...

Liked it. But had hoped that Nick, Alison and Kara would’ve teamed up to oust Mike. In the end it worked out probably better for Nick. I think voting would’ve been much closer.

Sure.

I was happy that Nick won it. I wanted to like Mike, but there was something about him that put me off. I didn't see much from the three women that I felt made a deserving winner of them, perhaps I would have been OK with Kara. All in all, a good season.

I would have been happy with either Nick or Mike but I do think Nick played the better overall game. If Angelina won something would have been really wrong. She had no clue.

Agreed. He seemed a bit too.... snivelling at the end?

it turns out that my flip phone and my wife's i5 will not work in a couple months,

What???? Sorry, that doesn't make sense. They work or they don't.

Me I got the newest state of the art flip phone for a whopping 7 bucks:thumbsup2.

:laughing: You rebel!

I would have been happy with either Nick or Mike but I do think Nick played the better overall game.

::yes::

If Angelina won something would have been really wrong. She had no clue.

Agree 100%. They seem to be moving more to "best player wins" as opposed to "most popular wins".

Afternoon everyone. Early start to the Christmas holidays. I'm off until Jan 8 :D. Need to prepare for a rain storm tomorrow, amounts of 80 to 110mm(3-4 inches) are forecast. With the snow we have and frozen ground, could be some flooding. Something we don't need, especially this close to the holidays. Once I'm done at home, I'm off to help a fiend move things to higher ground. He lives in a flood prone area.

A

Agree 100%. They seem to be moving more to "best player wins" as opposed to "most popular wins".

Well she certainly wasn't the most popular either. ;)

Afternoon everyone. Early start to the Christmas holidays. I'm off until Jan 8 :D. Need to prepare for a rain storm tomorrow, amounts of 80 to 110mm(3-4 inches) are forecast. With the snow we have and frozen ground, could be some flooding. Something we don't need, especially this close to the holidays. Once I'm done at home, I'm off to help a fiend move things to higher ground. He lives in a flood prone area.

Sounds familiar.

Morning guys,

Last day at the office for 2018.

Have a great day all!
Enjoy the break

I volunteered to come in the office at 6:00am tomorrow to help cook our annual Christmas breakfast.
So you "volunteer" to come in early so you can take off early??

No Christmas break for me this year. I'm off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Will have to take some time off in January because I have maxed out my vacation accrual again.

Stay safe. That doesn't sound so good. Nice of you helping a friend.

The iPhone 5 was just added to Apple's vintage and obsolete products list, which means they will no longer repair/update them, so I'd assume that's what they were referring to.

Ah. But should still work, though.

Well she certainly wasn't the most popular either. ;)

Nope!

So, some of the girls tennis team came over for awhile today, and are now out looking at Christmas lights. Still lots of giggling.

6 am? Volunteer? C'mon Man!!!

We went to the cell phone store to get my son a phone, well it turns out that my flip phone and my wife's i5 will not work in a couple months, I think he said it had it be a i6 or 7 or newer, for some reason yada yada yada. Anyway my son and wife got the newest i phone buy 1 get 1. Me I got the newest state of the art flip phone for a whopping 7 bucks:thumbsup2. And hate everything about it, if I had to go to a non flip phone, I would rather not have a phone at all.
:eek:

Tis the way of the future, Ron. Time to embrace it. My phone is on its last legs, and I know I have to go thru this upgrade crap soon enough as well. We have Amazon Fire and Google Home (gift) although I don't own anything new enough to link to the Google Home. Just remember, "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow."

The iPhone 5 was just added to Apple's vintage and obsolete products list, which means they will no longer repair/update them, so I'd assume that's what they were referring to.

And I still have the Gen 1 iPad, although it's basically for games and Facebook now. It may make a good paperweight.

So, some of the girls tennis team came over for awhile today, and are now out looking at Christmas lights. Still lots of giggling.

So you're giggling now that you have peace and quiet. Check.

They are doing away with the 3G CDMA Network and both our phones were in that . We had to get ones that are in the 4G LTE Network. I have no clue what the difference is:confused3

Well.... tbh, neither do I.

They are doing away with the 3G CDMA Network and both our phones were in that . We had to get ones that are in the 4G LTE Network. I have no clue what the difference is:confused3

Speed. That's the difference. If you remember the days of dial up, it would be similar to contrasting a 1200 baud modem to a 14400 modem.

Or comparing dial up to DSL.

Or even in non-technical terms.
1G(although never called that) = Hugo
2G = el Camino. Not exceptionally fast, but still pretty good.
3G = Chevy Nova (great car and fast)
4G = Mercedes or BMW. Faster
4G LTE = Ferrari or Lamborghini
5G = Indy car
6G - ? = space shuttle or spacex

The last one was literary license.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter