DDA Motivation & Support Thread

So Vicki--

how's it going on your goal for this week? It is Wednesday and I don't believe I will be at the computer tonight but wanted to let you know I was thinking about you!!

I see you got my estimated measurements for Pal Mickey....hopefully you understand them!!!

Hey everyone - just checking in to let you know I wrote another day of my report... I'm not sure whether to post it though as it's a bit negative... and would be better with the following day posted at the same time... I should be able to write that one tomorrow night...

I think I'll do that.

See you all tomorrow - hope you're reaching your goals :)

rosiejo said:
Hey everyone - just checking in to let you know I wrote another day of my report... I'm not sure whether to post it though as it's a bit negative... and would be better with the following day posted at the same time... I should be able to write that one tomorrow night...

I think I'll do that.

See you all tomorrow - hope you're reaching your goals :)

You beat me to asking you if you were up to date :thumbsup2

Glad you are reaching your goals!!

I am going to be by a store tonight so I am going to pop in and find the girls pillowcases. I am also going to go tommorow to my first cropping party...little leery as I will more than likely not know anyone but that has also been one of my long term goals going outside of my comfort zone.

Hope everyone else is on goal for this week!!! :cheer2:

babytrees said:
You beat me to asking you if you were up to date :thumbsup2

Glad you are reaching your goals!!

I am going to be by a store tonight so I am going to pop in and find the girls pillowcases. I am also going to go tommorow to my first cropping party...little leery as I will more than likely not know anyone but that has also been one of my long term goals going outside of my comfort zone.

Hope everyone else is on goal for this week!!! :cheer2:
It is always hard going outside your comfort zone but always worth it. Cropping parties are fun. I have been to two where I only knew 1 person. By the end, I was friends with many. Now, if I would just keep doing it! I will this week-end. Check with me on Sunday! ;)

Theresa that sounds fun - I hate going places where I don't know anyone but you gotta meet new people somehow right - and you all have something in common so it should be good. Let us know how you get on :)

I not only purchased pillowcases today I put two more rolls of film to be developed, picked envelopes up for the rest and purchased what I hope will be the right transfer paper. And I am going to be ready to go scrapbooking tonight!!! Geesh....maybe if I told all of my goals to you all I would get them done faster than the average of about 3 years now. :lmao:

babytrees said:
I not only purchased pillowcases today I put two more rolls of film to be developed, picked envelopes up for the rest and purchased what I hope will be the right transfer paper. And I am going to be ready to go scrapbooking tonight!!! Geesh....maybe if I told all of my goals to you all I would get them done faster than the average of about 3 years now. :lmao:

That's what we are here for!! I've accomplished more with the help from you guys than I have in quite awhile myself.

I haven't purchased my pillowcases yet because I was looking around for the ones I liked best. However, I've found I like the ones at Kmart best so I'll be getting them this week-end.

I didn't find t-shirts for my Pal Mickey while I was in Lansing. I did look several places. I know they will probably have what I want at Michael's in Marquette and I'll be there next week so will get them then.

I've designed more autograph pages. Still have a lot to get done but have 29 days and am making progress everyday.

I will finish the hoodies for DH & myself this week-end. My DD's haven't found the "right" hoodie sweatshirt. I'll get after them to get them picked out. The design is done so I just have to iron them on.

I also want to do 2 scrapbook pages this week-end. I'll post them on Sunday night.

I scrapped two pages last night(I bought a smaller in size book...didn't want to get overwhelmed)....and while it was fun I am not sure I will go back anytime soon.

Hooray - go Theresa :thumbsup2

I did it - it's Sunday and I got through three more days in my report - and as the third was about the Big Day itself it was very very long!!!

But they're posted now for people to read... and I only have 9 days left to write... :goodvibes

rosiejo said:
Hooray - go Theresa :thumbsup2

I did it - it's Sunday and I got through three more days in my report - and as the third was about the Big Day itself it was very very long!!!

But they're posted now for people to read... and I only have 9 days left to write... :goodvibes

WTG!! Keep on this pace and you will certainly be done by the end of the month!!

I have done more with my scrapbook pages. Still didn't get them completed because I found that I didn't have the paper or embellishments that I needed. I've been looking for what I need. I did get the pictures all cropped and laid out. So it won't take long once I get the right paper and embellishments.

I love the posts about your wedding Clare. Way to go to get so many done so quickly. Keep it up.

How is everyone else doing? Do I need to send some motivational pm's? ;)

picked up another developed roll of film....I really have got to make sure to get film in sooner!!

As I put up on the other board....I am in a bit of a funk...okay not a bit ALOT so I am trying to get myself out of it. That is my goal this week: get out of my funk!!

I also gave myself an out if I don't get the pillowcases done before Valentine's Day...I receive the mybargainbuddy newsletter and she had a great tin of goodies that she found for just $16 shipping included. It has some of the girls favorite goodies in it. If you don't aren't signed up for her emails she has great deals. This one was the first I jumped on though.

:wave:

I've got to start this week's three reports... must try tonight...

Vicki - glad you've got your photos ready for the scrapping.

Theresa - hope you're feeling better -keep smiling things will work out I'm sure

:goodvibes:

:blush: OK girls, I have been very bad.... I have not touched my scrapbook in almost 2 weeks and am having a very hard time getting motivated. I don't think I am going to meet my February 15th goal....

Cinderumbrella said:
:blush: OK girls, I have been very bad.... I have not touched my scrapbook in almost 2 weeks and am having a very hard time getting motivated. I don't think I am going to meet my February 15th goal....

Sounds like life has gotten a hold of you!!

Can you modify the goal to one smaller goal that can be reached on the 15th?

I get so overwhelmed with my huge goals that I often just say to heck with it and never do it all. That's why this group is wonderful!!! A cheerleading accountability group that knows where you are because they've been there done that!!

rosiejo said:
:wave:

I've got to start this week's three reports... must try tonight...

Vicki - glad you've got your photos ready for the scrapping.

Theresa - hope you're feeling better -keep smiling things will work out I'm sure

:goodvibes:

I do keep smiling...but Yuck!! I am going to go out on a date with my husband. Part of this funk is he lost his job and last year when he was out of work he didn't even try to look until 6 months in!! Thankfully he is dedicated to finding a job, even a cruddy one to pay for our Disney trip. Other parts of my life are just frustrating but I do know they will get better.

Now that you've read my saga....go write your trip reports!! (My volunteers call me their favorite whip cracker :lmao: )

babytrees said:
I do keep smiling...but Yuck!! I am going to go out on a date with my husband. Part of this funk is he lost his job and last year when he was out of work he didn't even try to look until 6 months in!! Thankfully he is dedicated to finding a job, even a cruddy one to pay for our Disney trip. Other parts of my life are just frustrating but I do know they will get better.

Now that you've read my saga....go write your trip reports!! (My volunteers call me their favorite whip cracker :lmao: )

Enjoy your date with your DH. I'm going on one with mine tonight as well. I'm glad that your DH is dedicated to getting another job. That is the toughest part. I know that if I were to lose my job, I'd have a hard time with my self-esteem and it would take a lot of encouragement from my DH to get me out there looking again.

Where are you with your goals? :lmao: My staff won't tell me what they call me when I'm trying to motivate them! :lmao:

I am still making progress. I have been working on my t-shirt designs and should have the sweatshirts ironed on either tonight or tomorrow night. Check with me Saturday please if I haven't posted the finished product by then. I'm making progress on the autograph pages as well. With Clare's approval, I'll be using some of hers as well as creating some of my own.

I've planned more scrapbook pages and have printed the pictures and cut them out. I have about 7 planned now. I just need the right paper & embellishments. I plan on ordering them this week-end. Check with me on Sunday please!

babytrees said:
Sounds like life has gotten a hold of you!!

Can you modify the goal to one smaller goal that can be reached on the 15th?

I get so overwhelmed with my huge goals that I often just say to heck with it and never do it all. That's why this group is wonderful!!! A cheerleading accountability group that knows where you are because they've been there done that!!

I agree! Modify your goal to something smaller that you will accomplish. Getting started will help motivate you to keep moving on it. Starting is always the worst for me. Vicki

Vicki--

Not doing so good on goals....but I did modify because it's just been a funk week. I also went to check on the pictures that I had modified for us for tshirts and the pic's had disappeared!!! So now I really am glad to have the backup valentine's present for the girls coming!!
With all this stress I haven't been sleeping well so that is my goal tonight a full night's sleep!! I will probably do a couple of rows on Abi's blanket.

I added a different goal last night. I went to a planning meeting for my work church's womens retreat (work for one church attend another) and told them I would lead a session. I felt led to open my mouth on this one as it is on how I "talk" to God. God planned for me to have the whole weekend to myself(and 30 other women) in March. Now I just have to get myself there intact :lmao: . It is an entire weekend on soothing the soul. I will be leading the part on Praying through Song (or something like that).

Has anybody seen the movie version of Rent? That is what we are going to see tommorow night.

Theresa,

When things get bad, sometimes our goals have to be drastically modified just to get through the day. I've had periods in my life where my goal was just to get out of bed and get dressed! I fight with depression and have finally gotten myself evened out for several months in a row. I think I might actually have it under control.

Just set yourself some small goals that you have to accomplish for now. Don't have too many goals and try not to procrastinate.

Above all, make sure you take time for yourself!!! You should make sure you take time every week for yourself. Even if it is just sitting and staring into space (if that relaxes you).

We are here for you to help in any way possible. Just let us know how we can help and we're there girl! :grouphug: :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter