• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDA Motivation & Support Thread

Theresa, do you know what shirts you modified and what was done on them? I'm happy to try to modify them for you again so that you can have them for Valentine's Day. I'm not creative like many of the other designers, but I'm getting around PhotoImpact quite well now. Just let me know. I have time to work on them tomorrow. Vicki

I'm just here to cheer you guys on. February 15th is still 6 days away. I know that you all can get a lot accomplished between now and then. Maybe your new goal can be to take baby steps towards your first goal, then at least you will be heading in the right direction and will feel so much better.
So here's a little good luck :wizard: :wizard: :grouphug: :grouphug: and a few cheers :cheer2: :cheer2: for all that need it.

Deb

UP Disney said:
Theresa, do you know what shirts you modified and what was done on them? I'm happy to try to modify them for you again so that you can have them for Valentine's Day. I'm not creative like many of the other designers, but I'm getting around PhotoImpact quite well now. Just let me know. I have time to work on them tomorrow. Vicki

The funniest thing is the modifications are still there but the pictures aren't!! I am going to try and fix that tonight.

I reached my goal last night!! I was asleep before 10 and did not really wake up until 7 this morning!! A good night's sleep. AHHHHHHH!!

Now I have to see if I can find any movie theater playing Rent....the movie theater we were going to go to stopped showing it :sad2:

my3princes said:
I'm just here to cheer you guys on. February 15th is still 6 days away. I know that you all can get a lot accomplished between now and then. Maybe your new goal can be to take baby steps towards your first goal, then at least you will be heading in the right direction and will feel so much better.
So here's a little good luck :wizard: :wizard: :grouphug: :grouphug: and a few cheers :cheer2: :cheer2: for all that need it.

Deb

Deb-

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Now are you sure there isn't some goal we couldn't cheerlead you on for? :teeth:

Theresa

All right ladies!! Anyone any closer to their goals this week?

Clare-did you finish your 3 days of trip report this week?

Vicki--it sounds like from the other thread you've been a busy beaver.

I know I am missing someone....so if you need help come out of the wood work....we'd love to cheer you on!!!

How is everyone doing? I'm making progress. Trying to set realistic goals so that I don't get unmotivated when I don't make one. I've finished my sweatshirts for the trip. They turned out pretty good. Here they are:

WDWfamilySS.jpg

RebeccaSS.jpg

Have some t-shirts bought & transfers printed - just need to iron. I have created more autograph pages. Have our mousekeeping envelopes designed. Need to get them both printed but want to print them at my DH's office where he has a color laser printer (no messy smears if they get wet).

Still looking for Pal Mickey t-shirts. We don't have any place to get them here in town. I'm going to Marquette on Friday for business so I'll look at Michael's while I'm there. I'm sure they will have what I need because they carry doll & teddy bear clothes for decorating.

I'm sending pm's to everyone to check on your progress & cheer you on. When you get a chance, jump on and post your progress. Remember, it doesn't matter to us whether you met your goal. All we care is that we try to help you make progress. Every little step moves you closer to your destination (no matter how small the step is).

Have a great week!!! Set a small goal and go for it. :cheer2:

The scrapbooking has gone by the wayside...on purpose!! I hit a goal with it and switched to another activity.

I hit all my goals for January. My goal for Febuary is to finish(refinish) Abi's afghan and have a cohesive session to lead for the Women's Retreat. I will also (thanks to Vicki!!) have pillowcases done for my girls shortly!!

Everybody have an awesome week!!!

All right...I did it...we did iron on's to the pillowcases. Decided to make it a family thing tonight to celebrate Valentine's....the girls love the Alice design!!

Thanks Vicki!!!

The yellow matched the pillowcases perfectly!!!

So without even trying I am almost done with my goals that I set out to do...finished January's did todays now to finish Abi's afghan and work on the retreat!!!

Go Ladies!!!!

WTG!!! That is neat making it a family night. My girls liked to do things like that when they were little. Where did you get the yellow pillowcases? I'm picking up pillowcases this week so that I can iron them on this week-end. I liked your idea of adding the name so I've already got the iron-ons ready. Mom made them new Valentines pillowcases and they arrived today. They love changing their pillow cases on a regular basis so have many of them.

I'm looking for Pal Mickey t-shirts on Friday while I'm in Marquette. I will also pick up some more t-shirts while I'm there at Michael's. I think I'm going to stop at the Goodwill store this week as well. I have decided I really want to do something crazy for this trip! I want to get a pair of pants (not panties) and put a couple different iron-ons at least up one leg. These could also be worn at Girl Scout camp. I always wear crazy shorts & pants at camp because of my camp name.

I now have 21 autograph pages done! I have about 10 more started - just need to get some wording for them. If you are interested in seeing them, there is a link in my signature. I'll probably get a one or two more done before I go to bed. Still have LOTS to get done. I'm too much of a perfectionist but I figure these are going in a permanent scrapbook!

So, I'm on track to get things done before our trip.

Got the pillowcases at Walmart....They are for the jumbo pillows...I think!!

Do you sleep? :lmao:

Sounds like you've done everything and some!!

UP Disney said:
WTG!!! That is neat making it a family night. My girls liked to do things like that when they were little. Where did you get the yellow pillowcases? I'm picking up pillowcases this week so that I can iron them on this week-end. I liked your idea of adding the name so I've already got the iron-ons ready. Mom made them new Valentines pillowcases and they arrived today. They love changing their pillow cases on a regular basis so have many of them.

I'm looking for Pal Mickey t-shirts on Friday while I'm in Marquette. I will also pick up some more t-shirts while I'm there at Michael's. I think I'm going to stop at the Goodwill store this week as well. I have decided I really want to do something crazy for this trip! I want to get a pair of pants (not panties) and put a couple different iron-ons at least up one leg. These could also be worn at Girl Scout camp. I always wear crazy shorts & pants at camp because of my camp name.

I now have 21 autograph pages done! I have about 10 more started - just need to get some wording for them. If you are interested in seeing them, there is a link in my signature. I'll probably get a one or two more done before I go to bed. Still have LOTS to get done. I'm too much of a perfectionist but I figure these are going in a permanent scrapbook!

So, I'm on track to get things done before our trip.

Your autograph pages look great. What size are you making them? I have made 30+ for mine and did them 8" X 8" and now I don't know where to find a scrapbook or white cardstock for that size? I hope that I can find some, otherwise I'll have to resize every page :crazy2: .

Deb

Deb-

I went searching in my paper catalogs and couldn't find any 8x8 card stock.

Postcard and Letter size....just nothing in between.

Hope scrabooking has pages that size!!

my3princes said:
Your autograph pages look great. What size are you making them? I have made 30+ for mine and did them 8" X 8" and now I don't know where to find a scrapbook or white cardstock for that size? I hope that I can find some, otherwise I'll have to resize every page :crazy2: .

Deb

I'm making 6x4 but I'm cutting them down from 12x12 pieces of paper or 8-1/2 by 11. For the 8-1/2x11, I will use the extra pieces for bookmarks. I have one of those really nice paper cutters for scrapbooking so that the edges are nice and smooth.

Good luck finding the 8x8. If not, they would be easy to make 6x6 since that is still square. There wouldn't be any distortion.

:wave:

Just checking in to say hi! I've not written any more trip report days because I'm on holiday this week from work and our goals are different this week - so far DH and I have tiled the kitchen, filled a skip full of rubbish and cleared the garden (it was overgrown and full of builder's rubble!) We've also ordered a load of bookcases from Ikea so we can start sorting out our storage issues... they were supposed to arrive on Wednesday but delayed the delivery until tomorrow. We're just off to buy lots of plastic storage crates so we can start clearing our loft (and hopefully ebaying some junk) and pick up the new tiles for our bathroom.

Phew - busy week! I'll be glad to go back to work for a rest :)

Glad you guys are all on track :goodvibes:

ETA - Vicki I fogot to say - you did a great job on those autograph pages :thumbsup2 I feel very proud that my little idea has kicked off some creative juices for you :goodvibes

Oh and I forgot to add that the other goal I had was achieved this week - DH said YES to a Disney trip in November... hopefully we'll book it today pixiedust:

Clare-

Sounds like you've done great at your "other" goals!!
WTG!!!

OK. I need some extra help from my motivation & support team. I have been making progress on everything for my Disney trip but nothing else in my life!! I want to get my office cleaned up before we leave in 10 days. I have stacks of stuff everywhere. Can you all check in with me when you have time in the next week or so to check on my progress? I know that if I have you checking on me, I'll be more motivated to be making progress.

I have decided against Pal Mickey t-shirts because I was not able to find any that I thought would fit. It will have to wait until next year when I have more time to find what I want. My autograph pages, t-shirts, & mousekeeping envelopes are on schedule. I've also started packing. I've also organized my Disney pictures so that I know what I want pictures of on this trip.

Thanks. Vicki

I'll be checking on you!!

Better to wait on the Pal Mickey shirts anyway....until you have him in your hot little mitts!!

I refinished Abi's afghan last night!! :thumbsup2

SOOOO.....down to one more goal and then I'll start in on some new goals!!

babytrees said:
I refinished Abi's afghan last night!! :thumbsup2

SOOOO.....down to one more goal and then I'll start in on some new goals!!

WTG! :woohoo: :woohoo: I have been making progress in just the little while since I posted this. I knew that I could depend on you guys to check on me so I'm trying to make progress so as not to disappoint.

Vicki-

How's the sweeping of the office going?

Clare-

Any new trip reports?

Any one else have any new little goals to commit to?

You all are doing great!!!

OK, I totally missed my deadline, but if you saw my posts on the main thread, you know why :sad:

I did manage to get 2 more Christmas pages done though, so I am still plugging away.

Hope all of you are doing better with your goals!

Kristin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter