• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDA Motivation & Support Thread

Cinderumbrella said:
OK, I totally missed my deadline, but if you saw my posts on the main thread, you know why :sad:

I did manage to get 2 more Christmas pages done though, so I am still plugging away.

Hope all of you are doing better with your goals!

Kristin

totally understand the need to miss the deadline but you did get two pages done soooooo (drumroll please :thumbsup2 )

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Do you have any little things that need to be done? No deadline but maybe something that we can needle you about every once in awhile :teeth:

Just keep reminding me to plug away at it! It is still spread out across the table in my extra bedroom and I have no intention of putting it away until it's done! (and for a neat freak like me, having a mess like that may be motivation enough! ;)

Thanks for all the support- I know I would never have come this far without you guys!!

Okay Vicki!! How's the sweeping of the desk coming? Let us know!!

Ok. I did really good the first day but most of it was upstairs (not my office). Now my office looks worse because some of the stuff from upstairs belongs there. I haven't found a spot for everything. I was a pat rack. I've gotten rid of lots of stuff in the last couple of years but still haven't found a "spot" for everything. After the first day and the disappointment of how much worse my desk looked, I couldn't face even going in there so I've been working from upstairs.

Thanks to my DDA friends for giving me the help that I requested, I'll get down there and get some done today. Thanks for helping me stay on track!!!!!

So Vicki? You know what I am going to ask right? How's the desk cleaning going? :confused3 :teeth:

I'm in Lansing today. Got up at 4am to drive down here. I had a meeting at 3pm. I did spend 4-5 hours on my desk this week-end. Still have a ways to go but it is much better. I'll be home tomorrow night by midnight so I'll work on it again Wednesday & Thursday. Thanks to my DDA support team!!! I knew you'd be checking on me so got down there & worked on it.

OK, I don't remember if I ever posted this goal here- but I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our spare bedroom has been a junk room since we moved in almost 2 years ago :blush:
Now that we are starting to do Kyle's "Big Boy Room" I need to clean it up so his nursery furniture can go in there. I spent most of yesterday working on it and I am happy to say it is completely empty!!!!!!!!

Cinderumbrella said:
OK, I don't remember if I ever posted this goal here- but I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our spare bedroom has been a junk room since we moved in almost 2 years ago :blush:
Now that we are starting to do Kyle's "Big Boy Room" I need to clean it up so his nursery furniture can go in there. I spent most of yesterday working on it and I am happy to say it is completely empty!!!!!!!!

That is awesome!!! WTG!!!! That's a lot of work that you accomplished. Woohoo!!!! These guys are celebrating with you!

:cool1::cool1: party: party: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks! I slept like a rock last night after I finished- it was such a weight lifted to finally have it done (and the big boy stuff isn't even coming until Easter!)

WTG!!!!

I don't think you posted that here.

But what a great accomplishment!!

:cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :Pinkbounc

It's a smilie celebration!!

Ok, what goals does everyone have this week and what is your status on old ones?

I'm home from our trip and having trouble getting motivated. Got home at 10:30 pm on Sunday. I did get laundry done yesterday, worked my 8 hours (lots of work related e-mails to wade through), and caught up on the main DDA thread.

Now to my real goals. Now that my trip is over, I want to work on my pictures & scrapbook diligently. I also think I'll write a trip report. So can you please check on me Sunday to see what kind of progress I have made with this?! Thanks. Vicki

:rotfl2: I knew you would be back here cheerleading us on!!

I did the retreat this weekend.....God and I had an understanding....He said I could do it so I let His words lead me....I enjoyed doing it I just don't think I'll ever be doing it again.

My goals this week is to get my family healthy and remind them that I am not the only one who can clean the house.

babytrees said:
My goals this week is to get my family healthy and remind them that I am not the only one who can clean the house.

I like the second goal the best. Let me know if you have luck with that. My DH is good at helping but my DD17 tends to forget until we remind her! My DD20 left a mess behind when she went back to school as well. Oh well. We had a nice visit anyway.

UP Disney said:
Ok, what goals does everyone have this week and what is your status on old ones?

I'm home from our trip and having trouble getting motivated. Got home at 10:30 pm on Sunday. I did get laundry done yesterday, worked my 8 hours (lots of work related e-mails to wade through), and caught up on the main DDA thread.

Now to my real goals. Now that my trip is over, I want to work on my pictures & scrapbook diligently. I also think I'll write a trip report. So can you please check on me Sunday to see what kind of progress I have made with this?! Thanks. Vicki

Welcome back! Goals- what goals? :rotfl:

UP Disney said:
And here I thought you'd tell us about Kyle's window treatment. We want pictures!

Ask and you shall receive!

Kylesroom.jpg

Ok. I realized that I "forgot" what I posted as goals. Decided I better come check them out so I can make some progress on them. I'll work on the scrapbooks & trip report before Sunday.

My mom is coming this week-end and she is going to help me with some sewing. I learned and have made quite a lot of stuff (men's button up shirt, pants & top for myself, doll clothes for the girls, etc.), but I haven't really used my current machine. Mom bought it for me used about 5 years ago.

My DH has used it to make funky hats & gloves for the girls with fleece. He also made tablecloths on our old machine. My DD's learned that I didn't like to machine sew (I do hand sew sometimes) so they just would ask Grandma to do their mending when needed. Chuck & I did make some halloween costumes for the girls when they were younger. He did most of the sewing and I did the pinning and designing.

How is everyone else coming? Remember set just a little goal. A little bit of progress is still progress.

Well as you all may have read on the other thread....I did get them to clean today!!! I just love :rolleyes: having a teenager in the house.

My goal for this week is to straighten my room up....BLECH!! Then I can get back to a crafting goal.

UP Disney said:
OK. How's everything going for everyone? I am making progress on my house which I decided has to come first - before my scrapbooking, sewing, etc. Here is a link to a post about my progress! :woohoo: :woohoo:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=11979472&postcount=12670

Here's some cheerleaders to help the rest of you make some progress. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I haven't gotten anywhere near to my goal for the week......but hey cyber sis you want to come organize me now? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter