• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDA Motivation & Support Thread

babytrees said:
I haven't gotten anywhere near to my goal for the week......but hey cyber sis you want to come organize me now? :rotfl2:

You know, Colorado is one of the places that I've always wanted to visit. I just might take you up on that!!!

UP Disney said:
You know, Colorado is one of the places that I've always wanted to visit. I just might take you up on that!!!

Come on down!!!! I would love to have you here!!!It would even give me incentive to clean up!!!

My boss went to Colorado on vacation last week and this week. We got a call from him tonight. Apparently he was snowboarding today and tore his achilles Tendon. He is flying home on Sunday and will need surgery on Monday. It looks like I may be working more hours for a while. I have also been trying to get my house back in order. That's one of the reasons I haven't been posting much. I'm finally getting some rooms under control, but have a huge to do list. What I really need is nice weather so I can reorganize my basement and do some furniture refinishing outside. I also have on sick ds. He has the fever and cold/cough bug. DH said the oldest was beginning to complain of the same symptoms tonight. It looks like I may have more than one home from school tomorrow. :sad2: That could slow down my progress.

Deb

Sounds like you are making some progress. Way to go! Keep up the good work!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

my3princes said:
My boss went to Colorado on vacation last week and this week. We got a call from him tonight. Apparently he was snowboarding today and tore his achilles Tendon. He is flying home on Sunday and will need surgery on Monday. It looks like I may be working more hours for a while. I have also been trying to get my house back in order. That's one of the reasons I haven't been posting much. I'm finally getting some rooms under control, but have a huge to do list. What I really need is nice weather so I can reorganize my basement and do some furniture refinishing outside. I also have on sick ds. He has the fever and cold/cough bug. DH said the oldest was beginning to complain of the same symptoms tonight. It looks like I may have more than one home from school tomorrow. :sad2: That could slow down my progress.

Deb

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and doing what you can with it!! WTG :cheer2: :cheer2:

OK. Where is everyone on their goals? Remember set small ones. We are here to encourage and celebrate successes!!!! Even the small ones!!!!

I'm working on my office again. Now, that I'm back from our trip and I have everything put away, it is time to get this mess cleaned up once and for all. We are also working on taxes (and some of the paperwork is buried in here). My upstairs is organized and has been staying that way. Thanks to Flylady, Sidetracked Home Executives, Getting Things Done and my DDA friends!!!

I'll post later with my progress! Have a great day everyone!!!

Come out, come out, wherever you are! Any one set any small goals they want to share so they can get some support?

I really need to spend more time in my office. The rest of the house looks great but the office really needs some major work. I got the budget stuff done for the DVC discussion with my DH tonight.

Please check with me in a couple of days to see if I've been following through. Thanks. Vicki

I have a bunch of stuff that I need to get accomplished. First I need to clean my house as ds has a friend coming over after school tomorrow. I also need to sit down and pay the bills, organize the cub scout awards before Wed night, help the boys make their raingutter regatta boats that they need on Wednesday night. I need to make a bunch of phone calls too. Then I want to rake our yard which is over an acre, refinish a hutch that has been sitting in my garage for 4 years. We also plan to build a deck and need to bring the measurements to Home Depot and get a materials estimate. So much to do, so little time. I hope to make a dent in the urgent stuff tomorrow. :teeth:

Deb

my3princes said:
I have a bunch of stuff that I need to get accomplished. First I need to clean my house as ds has a friend coming over after school tomorrow. I also need to sit down and pay the bills, organize the cub scout awards before Wed night, help the boys make their raingutter regatta boats that they need on Wednesday night. I need to make a bunch of phone calls too. Then I want to rake our yard which is over an acre, refinish a hutch that has been sitting in my garage for 4 years. We also plan to build a deck and need to bring the measurements to Home Depot and get a materials estimate. So much to do, so little time. I hope to make a dent in the urgent stuff tomorrow. :teeth:

Deb

My house is looking much better. I have cleaned most of my cupboards and found the tops of the entertainment centers. I have also sorted through the toy boxes and removed the junk and toys that are no longer played with. Turns our that it was none to soon as I am hosting a Party here in less than 2 weeks that I hadn't planned on having. I worked through the cub scout stuff and even got letters written requesting donations for an upcoming event. Now I need to deliver those. We got the back yard raked today and went to Home Depot for an estimate on the deck last night. While we were there we picked out a new grill and a new bathroom counter/sink. I feel like I'm making headway, I just need to keep up with everything in order to be ready for Easter and the Party the following weekend. So far, So Good. I'm not stressing......yet.

Deb

my3princes said:
My house is looking much better. I have cleaned most of my cupboards and found the tops of the entertainment centers. I have also sorted through the toy boxes and removed the junk and toys that are no longer played with. Turns our that it was none to soon as I am hosting a Party here in less than 2 weeks that I hadn't planned on having. I worked through the cub scout stuff and even got letters written requesting donations for an upcoming event. Now I need to deliver those. We got the back yard raked today and went to Home Depot for an estimate on the deck last night. While we were there we picked out a new grill and a new bathroom counter/sink. I feel like I'm making headway, I just need to keep up with everything in order to be ready for Easter and the Party the following weekend. So far, So Good. I'm not stressing......yet.

Deb

WTG! Take a few minutes to celebrate before worrying about anything else that needs to be done. You are doing great. :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :bounce: :yay: :rockband: party:

Deb- that is awesome!! WTG

For everyone else my goal in the next two months is to clean like the dickens and find a house to rent!! I want to be able to leave here by June. As you may have read on the other thread my Grandpa flooded our living space again. There are consequences to that...mainly mold!! and it is just past time to leave. There are no shortage of houses for sale but to rent is a big zip. My big, little goal this week is to do a 15 minute challenge a day...except Friday, Sunday and Monday....Friday and Monday I have off from work so I am going to try and get more accomplished than and Sunday is Easter. Saturday I am going to try and bake a key lime pie. Boy, I have lofty goals don't I :crazy:

I am going to work on my office today with plans to post pictures of the progress at the end of the day (I promise not to just hide the evidence). I think that is the only way I'm actually going to make real progress in that place. I'll post other goals after my office is done.

Hey Vicki! You would be so proud of me!! The infamous extra bedroom I worked so hard to empty out got all of Kyle's nursery furniture and "stuff" this weekend when the Big Boy furniture came. I have already washed and packed it all away, so the room is still tidy- just with some extra furniture! :rotfl:

Now if I could tear myself away from designing I could actually get back to my scrapbook!

Ok, I've been slacking! Haven't checked in here for a while. I got quite alot accomplished in my office today. Tomorrow, I won't have time to accomplish anything because I have to be on the road by 5:30am to get to Clear Lake camp to get recertified as an instructor of the High Ropes Course. I love playing in the trees!!!!! It will be so much easier with 24 less pounds than last year. It is also Chuck's birthday tomorrow. Katrina is coming home for the day to help him celebrate. I hope I can get back in time for dinner. No idea how long the recertification will last.

So ... how is everyone else doing on their goals?

Cinderumbrella said:
Hey Vicki! You would be so proud of me!! The infamous extra bedroom I worked so hard to empty out got all of Kyle's nursery furniture and "stuff" this weekend when the Big Boy furniture came. I have already washed and packed it all away, so the room is still tidy- just with some extra furniture! :rotfl:

Now if I could tear myself away from designing I could actually get back to my scrapbook!

Is the room still tidy? How's that scrapbook coming?

babytrees said:
Deb- that is awesome!! WTG

For everyone else my goal in the next two months is to clean like the dickens and find a house to rent!! I want to be able to leave here by June. As you may have read on the other thread my Grandpa flooded our living space again. There are consequences to that...mainly mold!! and it is just past time to leave. There are no shortage of houses for sale but to rent is a big zip. My big, little goal this week is to do a 15 minute challenge a day...except Friday, Sunday and Monday....Friday and Monday I have off from work so I am going to try and get more accomplished than and Sunday is Easter. Saturday I am going to try and bake a key lime pie. Boy, I have lofty goals don't I :crazy:

How's the house hunting coming? Did you get the key lime pie baked? What else do you have going on?

Key Lime Pie got baked. :cheer2:
I am doing things slow and steady...we have to wait until we have a little set aside for the move before we go a hunting. But I have friends looking for me!! Hopefully June 1st we will move.

I've got to come up with a birthday present for Abi. Ended up getting a phone for Cassidy.....the Cabbage Patch baby looks meager in comparison. Any ideas?

I also have to get back on track with the one sweet thing a day...really slacking there!!

My goal for this weekend is to get all things done that need to be done and have fun. We have to go for a fitting for Cassidy's outfit, the girls need summer clothes and friend just gave us 2 Nuggets play off tickets....not a cheap gift. Add in there piano recital and volleyball tournament (the C team is playing for 4th the A & B, first). Somewhere in there I have some laundry to do. I hate doing it the way I did it this week....one load a night, I like doing it all at once.

Ok, time to resurrect this thread. I've been bad for the last month. I am posting on here that today I WILL spend several hours in my office getting it organized. If you see me on the main thread, please ask me how it is going/went! I need my DDA friends to help hold me accountable!!!! Thanks for your support!!!!

This weekend is all about finding the floor to my bedroom. :lmao:

I am going to help a friend paint her kitchen...it needs it so bad.

I also have to get a certain tent into the mail. :teeth:

Ok, it's that time again. I'm getting behind again. I'm going to resurrect this thread to help hold myself accountable for my projects. I'll be going to a scrapbooking week-end the 1st full week-end of October so that will get me kick started on my scrapbooking. That is my project for now. Get my pictures organized and get some scrapbooks done by the end of the year. Anyone else have something they want help staying motivated on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter