• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCP Fall 2014

These dates were exactly the same as mine.
I have a 'q' for all of you who have chosen a date...where you already assigned an apartment complex?

No. The only apartment related thing in the date selection process was noting that check in is at Vista Way.

Just got my acceptance letter about a half hour ago! Main Entrance Operations Fall Advantage! :hyper:

I was accepted this morning as well, but unsure if I will be able to attend anymore as the position offered has nothing to do with my major and my parents are very unsupportive of this move now.

I was accepted this morning as well, but unsure if I will be able to attend anymore as the position offered has nothing to do with my major and my parents are very unsupportive of this move now.

My daughter interviewed a few days ago so who knows if she'll be accepted into the program. If so, her dad and I are very supportive of her doing this even though the work she would be doing doesn't relate to her major.

She graduates from college this spring so maybe she's not in the same boat you are (I wouldn't want this to push her graduation date back) but, as a parent, I look at this possible experience as a way for her to learn excellent customer service skills and a way for her to learn to budget her own money well. I also assume it will cement her already great work ethic and the free classes are a wonderful bonus. One of her professors told her to take full advantage of the classes because she isn't going to get free access to similar classes anywhere else.

She'll probably never be totally free to uproot, move far away from home, and do something like this again so I'm glad she is willing to give it a try and if she gets the opportunity to participate in the DCP, I hope she takes advantage of everything the program offers.

Elsa, if you aren't able to participate in the DCP this time, hopefully you'll be able to do it after you graduate. Maybe your parents will be more supportive at that time. Good luck!

Sorry to hear that, ElsaofArendelle. I too had a little bit of that to deal with as there is no video element to the College Program, but when talking with my interviewer she said that I could use elements from the courses they teach and relate that to my film school lessons, but I don't know if that's the case for your major.

I do hope you get to do it be it now or in the future.

Hello Disney lovin people!
Happy Saturday!

Little question...do any of you know here I could find a current pricing list for Vista Way, Chatham and Patterson? I have found a list from '09 and '12, but I was just wondering if there was anything more updated...

Thank You:hmghost::dumbo::mickeyjum

I'm sorry! Maybe they will be more supportive once you get more info on the program...(such as all the emails Disney sends out).:confused3
What did you get accepted for?:)

No. The only apartment related thing in the date selection process was noting that check in is at Vista Way.

After I posted that question, I was on google for a while looking up DCP info and found this out along the way, lol. Sorry, but Thank You anyway for the reply!:hmghost:

No, they won't be...as they already know a lot about the program as I applied an was accepted before but did not end up going due to a death in the family. And I got accepted for Merchandise, but I saw that coming a mile away. People see banking on your resume and want to put you in boring cash handling jobs....has happened at every job I've worked at since the bank except the Costume Shop, but I was offered that job because I could sew...don't get me wrong Cash handling is an amazing skill to have, but they aren't my favorite positions to do. Too much stress, and due to a health problem I'm supposed to limit stress. I much prefer making costumes, watching kids, and preforming.

I have been accepted for QSFB fall advantage 2014!!!!! This is my third time applying and thank God I got in!! I am soo excited!

Hey I'm Teresa I'm 23 and I just got accepted QSFB for fall! I'm surprised with the quick turn around I just had my phone interview thursday.

I was accepted for FA as a Concierge! If anyone has any concierge advice feel free to send it my way! Congrats to everyone here! :goodvibes

I'm statused to concierge but I only worked it a week. Generally you'll start at the front desk for about a month or so before you get concierge trained. Depends on when you can get slotted in.

My friends on the cp were scheduled a pretty standard 32 or so hours a week.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter