DCL Make a decision please!

This is really discouraging. Other cruise lines have figured it out, they are not smarter than Disney. This makes absolutely no sense and I'm irritated. I assume our September cruise is going to be next.

I think Dream will be live by mid-August. If the Dream test goes well, they'll hustle a test on Fantasy together, and possibly have that running by mid-September.

I still hold that Wonder will be the last ship fully staffed. My guess is that any of the Magic crew wanting to extend (aren't contracts 6 months at a time?) will transfer to Fantasy, DCL will cross their fingers for a reduction in entry limitations to bring back more crew from India and other impacted countries (Brazil, South Africa, etc.) and hope the CSO expires for having Magic and Wonder have winter seasons.

They should just be honest and kill the Wonder's Mexican season. No way are they going empty through the PC for that series of San Diego sailings.

They should just be honest and kill the Wonder's Mexican season. No way are they going empty through the PC for that series of San Diego sailings.

Oddly, the 7N MX Riviera cruise on 10/1 has been pulled from the website. All the other MX cruises remain. It's the only 7N, and the only cruise that goes beyond Baja. I wonder if they will convert this to a 5N and 2N, or something similar. Regardless, I don't think it's looking good for MX.

It's a very strong possibility! I'm on the Dream in Sept and we're pretty hopeful at this point. I still have to throw out "cautiously optimistic" though...:duck:
Mike, I think for us it's not an "if" the September cruises sail, but more of a "what" can we expect onboard. I'm in such a cruise drought I think I'd sail even if they asked me to wear a biohazard suit, but all kidding aside we really do want to know what the experience will be like. Hopefully they let us know shortly after test cruises.

This is really discouraging. Other cruise lines have figured it out, they are not smarter than Disney. This makes absolutely no sense and I'm irritated. I assume our September cruise is going to be next.
I wouldn't exactly say other cruise lines have figured it out. They change their minds every other day. They are also cancelling cruises, moving people to other ships and then cancelling them again. I'm not sure you're any worse off not knowing anything.

Oddly, the 7N MX Riviera cruise on 10/1 has been pulled from the website. All the other MX cruises remain. It's the only 7N, and the only cruise that goes beyond Baja. I wonder if they will convert this to a 5N and 2N, or something similar. Regardless, I don't think it's looking good for MX.
I can't believe they would sail the rest of the Mexican cruises. Just seems impossible that they would sail the Wonder through the PC empty in September for just a few weeks fo cruises to Mexico. Frustrating that they didn't cancel them all until November like they did the Magic.

Mike, I think for us it's not an "if" the September cruises sail, but more of a "what" can we expect onboard. I'm in such a cruise drought I think I'd sail even if they asked me to wear a biohazard suit, but all kidding aside we really do want to know what the experience will be like. Hopefully they let us know shortly after test cruises.
It would definitely be nice to know what to expect but we'll know shortly as you said. I'm in the same mindset where I am curious what to expect but nothing at this point will deter me from boarding a cruise. So many of us are ready to get back onboard.

I can't believe they would sail the rest of the Mexican cruises. Just seems impossible that they would sail the Wonder through the PC empty in September for just a few weeks fo cruises to Mexico. Frustrating that they didn't cancel them all until November like they did the Magic.
Completely agree. I had removed this sailing from my budget, but then the whole Seattle thing popped up so I had to start planning again. I don't think there's any way the MX cruises happen. I'm just curious why ONLY the 7N cruise was removed (after 9/19)

Agree. If it’s just chicken fingers and uncrustables for four days I’ll be fine … the bar is so low right now I’ll be happy with whatever….

It's about branding for Disney, and that's not to be taken lightly. They're not going to sail unless the optics make it appear to be safe. They're just not going to be among the first cruise lines to resume sailing with passengers. It's about their image, not their intelligence. That being said, given the CDC's strict guidelines until November 1st, it might actually be the most intelligent plan to simply not cruise until after that date.

It's about branding for Disney, and that's not to be taken lightly. They're not going to sail unless the optics make it appear to be safe. They're just not going to be among the first cruise lines to resume sailing with passengers. It's about their image, not their intelligence. That being said, given the CDC's strict guidelines until November 1st, it might actually be the most intelligent plan to simply not cruise until after that date.

I could see DCL taking this approach too....waiting until the CSO expires. There's also the *possibility* that the CSO expires before Nov. 1...which could explain why they are cancelling in smaller chunks. I also agree with what others have said that they'll roll the ships out one at a time...Dream, then Fantasy, etc...and it looks like the cancellations so far are reflecting that plan.

I could see DCL taking this approach too....waiting until the CSO expires. There's also the *possibility* that the CSO expires before Nov. 1...which could explain why they are cancelling in smaller chunks. I also agree with what others have said that they'll roll the ships out one at a time...Dream, then Fantasy, etc...and it looks like the cancellations so far are reflecting that plan.

Why are we so certain that the CSO will cease to exist on Nov 1? I would think it gets extended and/or modified. No way that, on Nov 1, cruises ships go back to to operating pre-2020.

It would definitely be nice to know what to expect but we'll know shortly as you said. I'm in the same mindset where I am curious what to expect but nothing at this point will deter me from boarding a cruise. So many of us are ready to get back onboard.
If they close Palo, we might cancel. If my Palo brunch is still on, I will be on that ship!

Why are we so certain that the CSO will cease to exist on Nov 1? I would think it gets extended and/or modified. No way that, on Nov 1, cruises ships go back to to operating pre-2020.

The CSO is only in effect while the US is in a "state of emergency"...if COVID numbers continue to trend downwards and the vaccinations continue to trend upwards, there is no reason to think it will be extended. I agree that we won't necessarily go back to "pre-2020" - I think the pandemic has taught a lot of valuable lessons about the benefits of social distancing, sanitizer availability, limited capacity, etc... but I do think we're going to see a significant loosening up of cruising restrictions when the CSO expires. Look at how quickly towns and cities have changed mask requirements, opened back up businesses, etc...

If they close Palo, we might cancel. If my Palo brunch is still on, I will be on that ship!
Were you able to make a reservation for Palo brunch? The only thing I could book last night (which was open to silver CC members) was Palo dinner-which I could care less about. I hope the brunch is still on though and that I can get a reservation.

Were you able to make a reservation for Palo brunch? The only thing I could book last night (which was open to silver CC members) was Palo dinner-which I could care less about. I hope the brunch is still on though and that I can get a reservation.
Yep, as soon as I hit my platinum window I booked it for our Nassau day. We stopped getting of at Nassau years ago.

Yep, as soon as I hit my platinum window I booked it for our Nassau day. We stopped getting of at Nassau years ago.
Yeah...Nassau is a stay-on-the-ship day for us, too. We did do a beach day the one year at Melia (all-inclusive resort) but it was nothing like CC. The taxi ride was one for the ages!

I thought Palo brunch was only open during sea days. Being that you were able to book a reservation means that even though I was refreshing the page at midnight, it was already sold out. The Sept cruise will be my 5th making me Gold which will hopefully give me a better chance next time around. I'll still try for it once I get onboard the ship.

I feel like Palo brunch will still happen as it's also a sit-down service. I'm not too sure about the buffet but my guess is a CM will be there to assist with loading up your plate. Pre-covid our waiter even offered to bring us more food from the buffet, so that was a nice touch.

Yeah...Nassau is a stay-on-the-ship day for us, too. We did do a beach day the one year at Melia (all-inclusive resort) but it was nothing like CC. The taxi ride was one for the ages!

I thought Palo brunch was only open during sea days. Being that you were able to book a reservation means that even though I was refreshing the page at midnight, it was already sold out. The Sept cruise will be my 5th making me Gold which will hopefully give me a better chance next time around. I'll still try for it once I get onboard the ship.

I feel like Palo brunch will still happen as it's also a sit-down service. I'm not too sure about the buffet but my guess is a CM will be there to assist with loading up your plate. Pre-covid our waiter even offered to bring us more food from the buffet, so that was a nice touch.
Were you the Sept 3rd or Sept 6th sailing? We are the 3rd.

We always do Brunch on Nassau days. I think for the past 5 years now.

I could see that happening. The other cruise lines are in a panic trying to restart. They've taken a huge financial hit and accumulated massive amounts of debt. Disney doesn't have that problem they can restart whenever the time is right. That doesn't make the people with cruises booked in the next few months feel any better, but maybe this is a chance to try another cruise line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter