DCL Make a decision please!

They do have to put on bar and entertainment as they would for a full sailing, so that staff would need to be on board. Just standing rando crew up and saying "this is entertainment" wouldn't comply as I read it, as the procedure includes how entertainment interacts with passengers.

They could test sail with a partial crew, but bringing additional crew on then invokes additional process for red/green crew status, and if you fall to Red crew status after a test sail they will revoke your certificate.
Yes they need bar and entertainment on a test cruise, but the staff needed or a test cruise with 300 test guests is very different from the staff needed for 1000+ paying guests.

Also, as far as I know the only color code condition is you must be Green or Orange to perform a test sailing. Once you have your certificate, believe it or not even if you fall to Red you can still sail. When the Celebrity Edge had their inaugural sailing, they had just slipped into Red status yet they were still allowed to go ahead.

That is crazy. We are 57 days out, can’t imagine being in your shoes.
58 days out here and I am slowly beginning to l lose my mind at this point. The level of uncertainty and not knowing is so freaking frustrating. I'm still waiting to book airfare but the clock is ticking. Make a decision, Disney..just as the thread title says.

Last edited:

37 days out for me. Would at least like a statement from Disney something along the lines of “We are still very hopeful that we will resume sailings in August” if they haven’t cancelled yet, they must be hopeful. Just share that with the rest of us.

37 days out for me. Would at least like a statement from Disney something along the lines of “We are still very hopeful that we will resume sailings in August” if they haven’t cancelled yet, they must be hopeful. Just share that with the rest of us.

You wouldn't think that is too much to ask...but apparently it is.

We are 41 days out and not really worried. We drive, so we don’t have to worry about booking airfare. I would like to know something before my dvc points go into holding at the 30 day mark! But if I don’t, it isn’t the end of the world!

If they sail, we sail. If they cancel, we will just roll the funds into already booked cruises later in the year and next year.

We are 41 days out and not really worried. We drive, so we don’t have to worry about booking airfare. I would like to know something before my dvc points go into holding at the 30 day mark! But if I don’t, it isn’t the end of the world!

If they sail, we sail. If they cancel, we will just roll the funds into already booked cruises later in the year and next year.

yep, another dvc owner, and I keep ending up with reservations after I move a cruise. Not only holding but dealing with your banking window. So frustrating

It is really odd because even if they are not going to cancel the cruises you would think they would put out their protocols. Whatever protocols they decide on I can't imagine everyone that's booked is going to be OK with them.

true, there will not be a one size fits all. Mentally we are trying to get into a zone of what we can accept in terms of restrictions.

we are driving too, so don’t have to worry about booking airfare. My concern is what to do if it doesn’t sail. I have accumulated too much vacation time at work and have to use a lot of it or loose it this year, and with school schedules August is really our only choice for a vacation. need time to find something else to book.

we are driving too, so don’t have to worry about booking airfare. My concern is what to do if it doesn’t sail. I have accumulated too much vacation time at work and have to use a lot of it or loose it this year, and with school schedules August is really our only choice for a vacation. need time to find something else to book.

Agreed. It would be nice to hear something from dcl. Especially about the protocols in place on the dream cruises. Then let everyone decide if they are comfortable with them.

We are 71 days out. I have booked DVC for the cruise days in case it doesn’t sail. I only hope we know more than 31 days out if we don’t sail. I know they haven’t told the August 9th cruisers anything! :guilty:

Seven a.m., the usual morning lineup
Start on the chores and sweep 'till the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up
Sweep again, and by then it's like 7:15
And so I'll read a book
Or maybe two or three
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery
I'll play guitar and knit
And cook and basically
Just wonder when will DCL tell us something...?

Seriously, today better be the day they not only acknowledge that the Aug 9th already began their check in process, but tell us some protocols. Does everyone need to test, will they look at vaccination cards, are there limited hours in kids club.....

And I'll keep wanderin' and wanderin'
And wanderin' and wonderin'
When will we learn something.....?

My guess is they will comply with Florida law and follow CDC recommendations. My impression of Disney is they all about rules, protocols, and safety.

27 days to go!

We all thought that info would come by the 30-day mark. That day came and went with nothing but heartache. The next 2 important dates to watch for are:

July 18 - the CSO (might) expire. If the appeal does not happen before this point, I expect that come Monday July 19th, we might hear some info.

July 25 - the 15-day point before the first Aug 9th Dream sailing. This is the last moment people can move their cruise out without penalty. If DCL says nothing by this point, I would expect a mass-exodus of people changing their reservations.

The other issue is we have no idea what capacity the ship is booked at to date and what they plan to sail with. Are they just trying to frustrate users into moving sailings without offering them FCC? I doubt DCL is that diabolical.

Every day this gets closer makes it more likely that they plan to sail with virtually no protocols at all (doubtful) or that these sailings will in fact be cancelled. Either way this is the poorest mismanagement I have ever seen from Disney.

27 days to go!

We all thought that info would come by the 30-day mark. That day came and went with nothing but heartache. The next 2 important dates to watch for are:

July 18 - the CSO (might) expire. If the appeal does not happen before this point, I expect that come Monday July 19th, we might hear some info.

July 25 - the 15-day point before the first Aug 9th Dream sailing. This is the last moment people can move their cruise out without penalty. If DCL says nothing by this point, I would expect a mass-exodus of people changing their reservations.

The other issue is we have no idea what capacity the ship is booked at to date and what they plan to sail with. Are they just trying to frustrate users into moving sailings without offering them FCC? I doubt DCL is that diabolical.

Every day this gets closer makes it more likely that they plan to sail with virtually no protocols at all (doubtful) or that these sailings will in fact be cancelled. Either way this is the poorest mismanagement I have ever seen from Disney.

What else is there to think at this point? It seems they either want to make people switch dates on their own so not to give the 125% FCC, or they will wait to announce anything until inside 15 days so people can't cancel without being penalized.

If we had booked a regular rate instead of VGT, we would have bailed on the 8/9'sailing by now - not because we don't want to sail, but because we don't like being in limbo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter