DCL Make a decision please!

What else is there to think at this point? It seems they either want to make people switch dates on their own so not to give the 125% FCC, or they will wait to announce anything until inside 15 days so people can't cancel without being penalized.

If we had booked a regular rate instead of VGT, we would have bailed on the 8/9'sailing by now - not because we don't want to sail, but because we don't like being in limbo.

OMG if they wait to announce protocols until within the 15 days....that would be really awful publicity! I hope they give the August cruisers information soon! My guess is that we'll hear something Monday the 19th.

OMG if they wait to announce protocols until within the 15 days....that would be really awful publicity! I hope they give the August cruisers information soon! My guess is that we'll hear something Monday the 19th.
If they bring it to within 15 days, at that point I wonder if I'd prefer to hear policies or just a cancellation at that point. It's bad when you don't even know anymore if you want them to just cancel it.

DCL has mismanaged this greatly. For a company that forces you to plan everything to the ride you'll be on when 60+ days in advance, not knowing what's happening on a cruise less than 30 days out is ridiculous.
At this point, I will be greatly disappointed if DCL does not compensate people on the Aug 9th sailings in some way. If the cruise gets cancelled this close to sailing, they deserve more than the 125%, and even if it does end up sailing, for a customer-service oriented company like Disney I would expect them to give some extra benefit to those sailing just due to all the stress and confusion they are causing.

At this point, I will be greatly disappointed if DCL does not compensate people on the Aug 9th sailings in some way. If the cruise gets cancelled this close to sailing, they deserve more than the 125%, and even if it does end up sailing, for a customer-service oriented company like Disney I would expect them to give some extra benefit to those sailing just due to all the stress and confusion they are causing.

I'd be happy with 2 stops at CC. :rotfl:

We aren't sailing until Sept so I'm closely watching all of this. I agree that a little Pixie Dust/Disney magic in the form on some Onboard Credit or something similar would seem appropriate for the Aug 9 sailing group given the delay in communications. Based on my prior experience with Disney customer service, I have no doubt that they will come up with something special.

We aren't sailing until Sept so I'm closely watching all of this. I agree that a little Pixie Dust/Disney magic in the form on some Onboard Credit or something similar would seem appropriate for the Aug 9 sailing group given the delay in communications. Based on my prior experience with Disney customer service, I have no doubt that they will come up with something special.
Disney didn't give anything to the people who had to deal with the craziness of WDW reopening last summer: Disney changing existing resort reservations, cancelling all dining, & people having to make last-minute park reservations for trips they already had booked, etc., without much advance notice of the extremely different new protocols & cutbacks. I don't think DCL is going to give anything extra at all to the customers they've inconvenienced.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter