DCL Make a decision please!

Ol Goof

Earning My Ears
Going to Alaska on NCL Encore August 7, out of Seattle. Saved some money and we don’t have to deal with customs in Canada. We’ve never sailed anything but Disney. fingers crossed!

Princess Merida

Mouseketeer
Going to Alaska on NCL Encore August 7, out of Seattle. Saved some money and we don’t have to deal with customs in Canada. We’ve never sailed anything but Disney. fingers crossed!
This is our first time not on Disney too....I hope your trip is fabulous!

DisneyMusicMan

Mouseketeer
Completely agree. I had removed this sailing from my budget, but then the whole Seattle thing popped up so I had to start planning again. I don't think there's any way the MX cruises happen. I'm just curious why ONLY the 7N cruise was removed (after 9/19)
The 7 night MX Riviera cruise was pulled from the website over a week before the announcement. Hard to see how it would be tied to the cancellations. There were very few rooms left, so they may have pulled it to fix the occupancy and not let it increase.

DisneyMusicMan

Mouseketeer
I am booked on the 7-nighter to Mexico, and I agree with a lot of the thoughts here that it’s unlikely that DCL sends the Wonder through the canal for the San Diego sailings. But, the cancellation dates are odd.

They could’ve just cancelled Alaska, or the whole West Coast set of itineraries for 2021. Why only Alaska + 2 Baja cruises?

Looking at the restart dates, it’s possible that a mid-August test sail on the Wonder allows a late September restart, but again, would they do the test out of San Diego? The dates just seem funny.

bcwife76

DisneyMomma
I am booked on the 7-nighter to Mexico, and I agree with a lot of the thoughts here that it’s unlikely that DCL sends the Wonder through the canal for the San Diego sailings. But, the cancellation dates are odd.

They could’ve just cancelled Alaska, or the whole West Coast set of itineraries for 2021. Why only Alaska + 2 Baja cruises?

Looking at the restart dates, it’s possible that a mid-August test sail on the Wonder allows a late September restart, but again, would they do the test out of San Diego? The dates just seem funny.
It is very odd. One things for certain though that Alaska season for the Wonder is well and truly dead for 2021 because she has been removed from the CLIA Alaska schedule now for 2021. I suppose it's possible they send her back through the canal to do a test cruise and start up with Baja but honestly, seems quite unlikely.....

JWelch62

DIS Veteran
The 7 night MX Riviera cruise was pulled from the website over a week before the announcement. Hard to see how it would be tied to the cancellations. There were very few rooms left, so they may have pulled it to fix the occupancy and not let it increase.
Thanks for the information.

I am actually able to get to the cruise using this link. So I think you are correct. When you try to book any size party it tells you no staterooms are available. So, perhaps all hope is not lost. 😊

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!