DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

Limited Time Disney Dream Special Cancelation Policy

As the new safety protocols for the Disney Dream’s restart were revealed, Disney Cruise Line is offering guests booked on the Disney Dream for sailings through March 28, 2022 the ability to modify their sail date or cancel their sailing and receive a full refund back to the original form of payment by Augusts 6, 2021. On August 7th, the special limited policy will revert back to the standard cancellation policy.

---------------------

Wow, even Disney knows that these cruises are going to suck. Standard cancellation policy after the first US cruise sails.

Limited Time Disney Dream Special Cancelation Policy

As the new safety protocols for the Disney Dream’s restart were revealed, Disney Cruise Line is offering guests booked on the Disney Dream for sailings through March 28, 2022 the ability to modify their sail date or cancel their sailing and receive a full refund back to the original form of payment by Augusts 6, 2021. On August 7th, the special limited policy will revert back to the standard cancellation policy.

---------------------

This is great news for anyone in a Concierge stateroom.

Definitely geared to help the concierge and guests booked in Aug and Sept (and perhaps a few days of Oct) sailings which would normally be past the 60 days for full refund.

You have no proof of that. I'm talking about different protocols for vaccinated adults vs unvaccinated adults, not kids who can't be vaccinated. Other cruise lines are doing this. On CCL if you are vaccinated, no mask is required on board and you can debark the ship in port on your own. If you are not vaccinated, you must be on a cruise line "bubble tour" to get off the ship and you have no contact with other people outside your bubble.

Agreed and we are booked on CCL to Alaska this September. However, CCL & RCCL are sailing 95% vaccinated so it's not a big stretch to allow no masks and independent sightseeing. Both are huge reasons why we went ahead and booked. DCL has announced zero limitations on vaxxed vs. unvaxxed, which I understand due to the client base, so they really don't seem to have a choice here.

I personally wouldn't pay the price for a DCL cruise with the announced stipulations, but I understand that many people still will.

Was it their insurance or another company?
I assume it was theirs (which we don't usually buy). My TA was on the phone with DCL - I asked for some clarifications so we can make an informed decision. If we let them keep the money and use for future sailing ($10,000 cruise and $580 insurance), no loss. If we cancel and get refund, we lose the $580. I already have a ton of FCC, so I don't need more and I want to take the money and book Celebrity EDGE for September. I'm too mad to think straight right now. Need to see if there are any hybrid options. Maybe push my concierge deposit forward with the insurance and get the rest back? I have 4 cruises booked with DCL right now and I'm so irritated I want to just cancel them all (my TA advised for a cooling off period, which is wise.) After 20 DCL cruises I'm ready to just burn it all down, they have made me so angry and disappointed. (We will see how I feel after I calm down, but I'm ready to find a new favorite cruise line.)

Just a quick question . . . the new protocols that were released today ONLY apply to the sailings of the Disney Dream? Since it's the only ship currently sailing out of Florida? I mean, there's hope that it's being done to get the ship sailing again and is, in fact, fluid. I have a cruise in January. Need to pay in full October 1st which seemed like a long way away. Now, not so much. Thanks.

Yeah - I just tried that, I can get my money back but they will not refund the insurance which is $580 for my sailing. I'm livid.
You have a $10,000 cruise and $580 for insurance. In your shoes (after exhausting all negotiations with DCL), I would take the $10,000 refund, and after verifying that I have received it, I would file a chargeback with my credit card company for the $580 insurance cost. Even if you think it's too late to do so, etc., etc., you should try. Credit card companies are often more flexible about this in practice than they are in the fine print.

How have they reduced capacity? Was this the plan all along and they just blocked out rooms? Did the just cancel people randomly? We booked our original cruise pre pandemic. It was postponed twice and now we are sailing this November. How did they reduce capacity exactly?

Just a quick question . . . the new protocols that were released today ONLY apply to the sailings of the Disney Dream? Since it's the only ship currently sailing out of Florida? I mean, there's hope that it's being done to get the ship sailing again and is, in fact, fluid. I have a cruise in January. Need to pay in full October 1st which seemed like a long way away. Now, not so much. Thanks.

well considering that the update today is basically the same as whats currently on The Magic UK cruises, except for the vaccination requirements, my guess is that these are fleet wide new procedures and policies and that as each ship comes back, they will have the same new procedures and policies.

Many people assumed that the Magic's new procedures and policies would not apply to The Dream, but that was a wrong assumption.

It's undoubtedly going to change over time, just like the WDW restrictions changed over time. One big date is November 1st, which is when the CDC's conditional sail order is scheduled to end. Things will likely change after that. And after children are eligible to be vaccinated, there will likely be even more changes.

How have they reduced capacity? Was this the plan all along and they just blocked out rooms? Did the just cancel people randomly? We booked our original cruise pre pandemic. It was postponed twice and now we are sailing this November. How did they reduce capacity exactly?
For my late December cruise they have blocked all non-concierge categories from new bookings.

As these new procedures and policies were only announced today, most likely they will see how many people organically cancel on their own. Then most likely if they still have too many passengers for their limited capacity requirements, they will contact guests. They did the same a few weeks ago, on the first Magic UK cruise, when the UK Government changed the date for increasing capacity and they had too many passengers.

I assume it was theirs (which we don't usually buy). My TA was on the phone with DCL - I asked for some clarifications so we can make an informed decision. If we let them keep the money and use for future sailing ($10,000 cruise and $580 insurance), no loss. If we cancel and get refund, we lose the $580. I already have a ton of FCC, so I don't need more and I want to take the money and book Celebrity EDGE for September. I'm too mad to think straight right now. Need to see if there are any hybrid options. Maybe push my concierge deposit forward with the insurance and get the rest back? I have 4 cruises booked with DCL right now and I'm so irritated I want to just cancel them all (my TA advised for a cooling off period, which is wise.) After 20 DCL cruises I'm ready to just burn it all down, they have made me so angry and disappointed. (We will see how I feel after I calm down, but I'm ready to find a new favorite cruise line.)

Do you have insurance linked to all the FCC? If not, you may be able to use this new FCC for the future cruises and cash out the older FCC.
I don't know if it will work, but it might be worth a try.

As these new procedures and policies were only announced today, most likely they will see how many people organically cancel on their own. Then most likely if they still have too many passengers for their limited capacity requirements, they will contact guests. They did the same a few weeks ago, on the first Magic UK cruise, when the UK Government changed the date for increasing capacity and they had too many passengers.

I think there is going to be an avalanche of cancellations based on discussions in a couple of FB cruise groups I'm in

It might make sense to add "Dream" to the subject line for this thread. Can the original poster do this, or does an Admin/Mod have to? I expect most of this to be geared toward the Fantasy too, but the temporary refund policy through Aug 6 is specific to the Dream. Also, the Dream cruises are 3/4 days (like the UK sailings) vs the Fantasy's 7 day sailings. That way when we get more info for the Fantasy, if there are differences, it can be a separate thread.

The guidance for sailings after the Dream resumes port stops (outside of Castaway Cay) may change as well.

So now I get to wait for the Fantasy guidance that is forthcoming (based on the return to cruising web page):
We continue to prepare the Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder to welcome Guests once again and look forward to sharing more information soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter