DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

Has Disney said how they are going to reduce the guest count on Ship for cruises that are sold at more than the reduced capacity?
What is reduced capacity? 35 percent?
I just booked today with no problem. That would be interesting

Found it

This is what DCL send to passengers

Thank you for booking a Disney Magic At Sea with Disney Cruise Line. As you may be aware many of the UK Governments Covid 19 restrictions were expected to end on June 21 but have now now been extended until at least July 19.

Among these restrictions is capping the number of passengers able to board cruise ships at 1000 people or 50% of the ships capacity. Unfortunately your sailing currently exceeds this limit.

We are currently offering a limited number of guests the opportunity to change their sail date and receive a 50% discount on the voyage fare of a 2, 3 or 4 night Disney Cruise Line sailing taken on or before December 31 2022 or cancel their sailing and receive a full refund.

This offer is only available to guests on the July 15 sailing. Current availability on Disney Magic at Sea Sailings from Liverpool is limited, however there is availability out of the other UK ports should you wish to sail this summer close to home. There are also 3 or 4 night sailings out of Port Canaveral, Florida or Miami Florida, available.

If you are interested in selecting an alternative sail date or cancelling your booking and receiving a full refund, we ask that you contact us by Tuesday July 6 2021.

Found it

This is what DCL send to passengers

Thank you for booking a Disney Magic At Sea with Disney Cruise Line. As you may be aware many of the UK Governments Covid 19 restrictions were expected to end on June 21 but have now now been extended until at least July 19.

Among these restrictions is capping the number of passengers able to board cruise ships at 1000 people or 50% of the ships capacity. Unfortunately your sailing currently exceeds this limit.

We are currently offering a limited number of guests the opportunity to change their sail date and receive a 50% discount on the voyage fare of a 2, 3 or 4 night Disney Cruise Line sailing taken on or before December 31 2022 or cancel their sailing and receive a full refund.

This offer is only available to guests on the July 15 sailing. Current availability on Disney Magic at Sea Sailings from Liverpool is limited, however there is availability out of the other UK ports should you wish to sail this summer close to home. There are also 3 or 4 night sailings out of Port Canaveral, Florida or Miami Florida, available.

If you are interested in selecting an alternative sail date or cancelling your booking and receiving a full refund, we ask that you contact us by Tuesday July 6 2021.

Do you know what happens if they're still over the capacity limit?

Perhaps because not enough guests are taking the offer.

I cancelled cruises on Royal and carnival because I don’t like their protocols. I didnt say anything to the CM’s. What’s the point they don’t make the decisions.

Earlier in the thread, @Cheburashka and I were discussing whether or not DCL had an interest in tracking the reasons given for the cancellation. What ticked people off the most - was it the mask mandate? Was it the virtual queues? The limited availability of the kids clubs? Etc.

Not that a lot of complaining would make them reverse their policy, but maybe give them insight on what parts of the policy could be refined when the time is right.

Every company I’ve ever worked for that had a service center had the reps entering notes about the call in a CRM. Periodically, those notes were reviewed to see if there were ways to improve service and/or product.

Do you know what happens if they're still over the capacity limit?

Perhaps because not enough guests are taking the offer.

the cruise sailed as scheduled, so they must have got enough people to take the offer and got the passenger number down to the required level.

Good question. I think everyone is still waiting to see if they'll take the $$ hit to deadhead back to 'Diego for the fall . . .
I'm still skeptical that they'll move the Wonder to the West Coast for this season, but I was thinking about it and it may not be as expensive as people assume. The Wonder is already spending a good chunk of its time moving at a decent clip. It probably wouldn't be a whole lot more expensive to spend a month slowly moving to the West Coast by going around the long way rather than just motoring around the Caribbean. Because of a mistake in the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, Celebrity had the wrong ship on the West Coast so they ended up just taking 21 days to sail the Millennium around South America from the Caribbean to Seattle.

the cruise sailed as scheduled, so they must have got enough people to take the offer and got the passenger number down to the required level.

I'm wondering if they did get enough people taking the offer, or they made some people take the offer.

Masks for the vaccinated? No wonder why there’s so much vaccine hesitancy out there. What’s the point of getting a shot if you have to follow all the same rules as if you’re not vaccinated? I’m out. I’ll go to NCL. I’m not paying over $3k for a four night vacation just to wear a mask.

Earlier in the thread, @Cheburashka and I were discussing whether or not DCL had an interest in tracking the reasons given for the cancellation. What ticked people off the most - was it the mask mandate? Was it the virtual queues? The limited availability of the kids clubs? Etc.

Not that a lot of complaining would make them reverse their policy, but maybe give them insight on what parts of the policy could be refined when the time is right.

Every company I’ve ever worked for that had a service center had the reps entering notes about the call in a CRM. Periodically, those notes were reviewed to see if there were ways to improve service and/or product.
My sister just canceled 2 cruises and said the CM was understanding and professional. She did ask if
she would like to move/modify sail date. My sister said no she will wait until next year but still plans
to cruise in the future with DCL. The CM then told her to keep checking back as situations were fluid
and apologized for any inconvenience. I told her to ask about the Wonder's future but she forgot. lol

I'm still skeptical that they'll move the Wonder to the West Coast for this season, but I was thinking about it and it may not be as expensive as people assume. The Wonder is already spending a good chunk of its time moving at a decent clip. It probably wouldn't be a whole lot more expensive to spend a month slowly moving to the West Coast by going around the long way rather than just motoring around the Caribbean. Because of a mistake in the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, Celebrity had the wrong ship on the West Coast so they ended up just taking 21 days to sail the Millennium around South America from the Caribbean to Seattle.
Yes I was thinking this exact same thing. May not be as pricey a move. Im sure DCL will run the numbers.
I'm really curious as if the protocols will be the same since this would be sailing from Calif port.

You have no proof of that. I'm talking about different protocols for vaccinated adults vs unvaccinated adults, not kids who can't be vaccinated. Other cruise lines are doing this. On CCL if you are vaccinated, no mask is required on board and you can debark the ship in port on your own. If you are not vaccinated, you must be on a cruise line "bubble tour" to get off the ship and you have no contact with other people outside your bubble.
I know what you're talking about but it isn't going to be effective on a family-oriented line in which the a large percentage of passengers, vaccinated or not, are traveling with unvaccinated passengers (children). DCL is not going to separate families onboard.

I'll add that most American adults who can afford a Disney cruise are indeed vaccinated. You can look it up for yourself and see that Covid vaccination rates in the U.S. correlate positively with higher incomes. So it is a very reasonable assumption to make that the majority of adults on a Disney cruise will be vaccinated.

Last edited:
My sister just canceled 2 cruises and said the CM was understanding and professional. She did ask if
she would like to move/modify sail date. My sister said no she will wait until next year but still plans
to cruise in the future with DCL. The CM then told her to keep checking back as situations were fluid
and apologized for any inconvenience. I told her to ask about the Wonder's future but she forgot. lol

Thank you! That’s the kind of thing I am talking about. I am just guessing, but I think DCL might be interested in knowing how many people declined the offer to rebook. Get a pulse on hesitancy and trepidation.

You have no proof of that. I'm talking about different protocols for vaccinated adults vs unvaccinated adults, not kids who can't be vaccinated. Other cruise lines are doing this. On CCL if you are vaccinated, no mask is required on board and you can debark the ship in port on your own. If you are not vaccinated, you must be on a cruise line "bubble tour" to get off the ship and you have no contact with other people outside your bubble.
This is the same for Royal Caribbean as well.

I can see that as well. It's possible for the departure ports to determine the slight differences in the protocols. It would make sense when comparing US departures vs European departures...but it does seem possible for different US ports to have their own requirements.
This is the only thing that is preventing me from canceling our DCL cruise to Europe next summer. I'm hoping that vaccines will be required for at least 12+ (although by then I suspect it will be even younger). I have no interest in a DCL cruise of the unvaccinated.

This is the only thing that is preventing me from canceling our DCL cruise to Europe next summer. I'm hoping that vaccines will be required for at least 12+ (although by then I suspect it will be even younger). I have no interest in a DCL cruise of the unvaccinated.

I'm also watching for our European cruise next summer. We're really not interested in port restrictions at the European ports. I like booking private tours in Europe and if this is going to be an issue, we will cancel.

We're somewhat fine with our Dec cruise since it's a Caribbean cruise, and if for some reason, they tell us we can only take DCL port adventures...then we've decided we're good with not getting off the ship (we've gone enough times)...or if they say we'll just constantly go back and forth to Castaway Cay, then we're good with that too.

But, for us, that's not an option in Europe.

Last edited:
Limited Time Disney Dream Special Cancelation Policy

As the new safety protocols for the Disney Dream’s restart were revealed, Disney Cruise Line is offering guests booked on the Disney Dream for sailings through March 28, 2022 the ability to modify their sail date or cancel their sailing and receive a full refund back to the original form of payment by Augusts 6, 2021. On August 7th, the special limited policy will revert back to the standard cancellation policy.

---------------------

This is great news for anyone in a Concierge stateroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter