DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

In the morning the promenade lounge has the smoothie things (the ones at Promenade Lounge and Daisy's has the granola blended in it) and croissants where the snack food is (and at one point on debarkation morning) in the morning.
Good to know! Promenade lounge is right above our room! I didn't know about the breakfast foods there, just the evening snacks.

I guess mine would be the wings in Crown and Fin (Wonder). That became our meet-up spot when we were on an Alaska cruise last summer with friends. 6PM, meet in Crown and Fin for wings ;) They also had veggies and dip, chips and salsa, etc. I generally don't eat a lot of hot wings but for some reason they are so good on the ship. :goodvibes

The "Delicious Fruit Yogurts" are at the MDR breakfast and I also got one of them at Daisy's Delites on the Wonder. They are more a smoothie than a yogurt as they're blended together. Maybe your wife had one of these?
  • Mango Mountain Hike
    fresh blend of Mangoes, Honey, Granola and L0w-fat Yogurt
  • Mornin’ Tug Boat
    fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt

The Mango Mountain Hike is delicious! It's also available at Cabanas - in the glass cases.

I really loved the Tiramisu at Palo brunch. And the chicken fingers were definitely yummy. We didn't spend any time in O'Gills, is the food an extra cost there?

For the free snacks from the lounges, do you have to order any drink in order to enjoy the food?

I have been to Cove Cafe to get the sweet treats without ordering anything as they are in a display case. How does it work at the Promenade Lounge or O’Gills? TIA!

For the free snacks from the lounges, do you have to order any drink in order to enjoy the food?

I have been to Cove Cafe to get the sweet treats without ordering anything as they are in a display case. How does it work at the Promenade Lounge or O’Gills? TIA!

Nope, they are set up buffet style on a warming station with little plates and tongs, serve yourself. Also of note if you are drinking in the bar you can ask the bartender for a dish or peanuts or pretzels, we discovered that on our PC canal cruise. It was exciting because every day they had a different flavor of mini pretzels to sample.

Nope, they are set up buffet style on a warming station with little plates and tongs, serve yourself. Also of note if you are drinking in the bar you can ask the bartender for a dish or peanuts or pretzels, we discovered that on our PC canal cruise. It was exciting because every day they had a different flavor of mini pretzels to sample.

:love: Thanks!

I had something this weekend at a cookout and thought of this thread. Lays BBQ chips! I can get them anytime any place, but very rarely do. As soon as I ate one I instantly felt like I was on the ship and couldn't wait to be sitting back at the Conched Out bar, drinking a tropical depression and eating some BBQ chips. Maybe it's just the association thing that makes them so good. :goodvibes

The weirdly thin bacon

So it wasn't just me? We tend to buy thick cut bacon at home, so "normal" bacon feels "thin" to me, but it seemed like this was even thinner than thin.

It was good. The tomatoes were probably my favorite thing at breakfast though. Sadly, I cannot convert my partner to tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast.

Maybe justify it this way - if you eat a steak in the dining room the night before, you might NEED that pineapple to help you digest! I think i learned this in Hawaii. "The enzyme contained in fresh pineapple helps break down the amino acid bonds in proteins, which promotes good digestion."

:rotfl2: That is just an AWESOME thought! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter