DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by gatordoc, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Minnie & Daisy

Minnie & Daisy Mouseketeer

They only have the Krispy Kreme donuts if you are sailing out of PC. When we sailed from the west coast and Vancouver, they had some other kind of donut other than Krispy Kreme. They were yeast- raised, glazed donuts, but not the same as Krispy Kreme. We have Krispy Kreme donut shops here at home, but we never go to them. That makes it seem permissable to eat them on DCL! Great logic, huh?!

EeyoreJMH and southerngirl528 like this.
  2. Minnie & Daisy

Minnie & Daisy Mouseketeer

We were told that the Krispy Kreme donuts are the only bakery-type item onboard that they do not make themselves.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. southerngirl528

southerngirl528 Dreamin' of Maui

:rotfl:

I would bet that is true! ::yes::

5. swimfin

swimfin DIS Veteran

BEST thread!!!! For my husband, it's the soft serve ice cream! For me, I'd have to say most everything on the ship as I'm pretty strict about what I eat at home, yet if I had to choose one top thing, I'd say the breakfast items at Cabanas! (My breakfast is normally egg whites and sprouted wheat toast.) Soooo, to have hash browns, bacon, Mickey waffles, and so many other choices is a BIG deal!! AND now, I've learned about mozzarella sticks, fried brie, chicken fingers on deck, whole pizzas "to go," loaded tater tots and so much more!!! Can't wait to try some "new treats" this month ....

6. Jkpark

Jkpark DIS Veteran

I have loved reading this. We get butter croissants via room service every morning, every cruise. Lots of Mickey bars. And yes - I secretly love those hashbrown planks - so greasy and good and so not a part of my non DCL diet.

7. ChicosWife

ChicosWife The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!

Somehow, I've never had either of these, but after reading this thread, I need to get them on our next cruise!!

8. Numtini

Numtini Earning My Ears

It's insidious. The cones are half as big as what you'd get at a soft serve place, but that lulls you into a false sense of safety and you end up eating multiple times as much because just one more cone doesn't seem like that much... And just one more.... and... one.... more....

9. swimfin

swimfin DIS Veteran

YES!!!! EXACTLY!! It's his first stop on the boat!

10. Sunshine2U

Sunshine2U Disney Nana

One thing? Can't say there is one thing over all others. I love the breakfast foods. I usually eat so much breakfast that lunch is out of the question. Now I've just got MORE to add to it - the Muesli, yogurt "smoothies", etc. Strangely, I never found the baked goods to be that great. May I just couldn't let go of the guilt! Last cruise was with 5yo nephew. Every night after the show he was done. I would go up and get pizza and bring it back to the cabin for a nighttime snack. He still remembers and that's what makes it so delicious - the memory.

11. xavier2001

xavier2001 Mouseketeer

I LOVE baked goods in general and am not overwhelmed by the quality on the ships, I think they are sometimes soggy, especially the breakfast pastries. The donuts are definitely frozen and thawed, not worth the calories IMO, I'll save them for the ice cream sundaes at dinner and fries up on deck for snacks. I do enjoy the pineapple coconut muffins though, yum!!

darnheather, Lilsia and Sunshine2U like this.
  12. Sunshine2U

Sunshine2U Disney Nana

By the way - fun thread!

13. Bonnie1222

Bonnie1222 Mouseketeer

we don't waste time with cones... we get cups from the drink station and fill them up. :rolleyes1

14. Scherzermk

Scherzermk Mouseketeer

How has no one mentioned the black truffle pursettes -by far the best vegetarian dish onboard! I ate it every single day. I'll blame the stretch pants I wear for disembarkment on those.
    Second vote goes to the little pineapple cakes at CC. So moist and refreshing.

15. ladyofthetramp

ladyofthetramp DIS Veteran

Yum! Those little pineapple cakes! Forgot about those

darnheather and southerngirl528 like this.
  16. gatordoc

gatordoc hopelessly addicted...

I'm glad so many of you are enjoying this thread! We're getting ready to hop into the car for the drive down to PC for our Fantasy cruise this week, and you all have given me lots of great ideas for things to try! We have Palo brunch tomorrow morning, so no hash brown planks for me until the next day, but I'll definitely have plenty this week, including trying the "sandwich" that was suggested :teeth: I see chicken fingers for lunch in my more immediate future, though...

kkayluvsdis, mmmears, swimfin and 6 others like this.
  17. Lilsia

Lilsia DIS Veteran

The bread is very good on the cruise though. We eat a ton on those little rolls at dinner. Where I live there are too many minerals in the water so the bread never comes out with that amazing crust you can get other places.

18. Chirple

Chirple DIS Veteran

When we have Palo brunch, I get a croissant and brie. I cut the croissant and stuff a piece of brie inside. So good, so fattening,

southerngirl528 and xavier2001 like this.
  19. xavier2001

xavier2001 Mouseketeer

Yes the dinner rolls are addictively good, I was thinking more of the 'breakfast' baked goods. Every cruise we say we are going to stop at one bread basket to save room for all the many dinner courses and every cruise we end up going through 2 LOL!

southerngirl528 and Lilsia like this.
  20. southerngirl528

southerngirl528 Dreamin' of Maui

Bon voyage!!!! And happy snacking and dining!!! :sail:

gatordoc likes this.
  21. IceSkatingPrincess

IceSkatingPrincess Forever mourning the loss of SpectroMagic

My "why am I eating this when I know there are better options available but I just love it so much" item... kid's mac and cheese at Cabanas.

EeyoreJMH and southerngirl528 like this.