DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

I feel like I should love most of my indulgences on DCL and am not ashamed in the slightest! But having read this thread, I will join the group of people embarrassed to think they were eating a healthy option with the muesli. Dang it!!!

Okay, I have to chime in here! The loaded tater tots in the pubs (O’Gills and Crown and Fin) are absolutely the yummiest/ so bad for you indulgence that I look so forward to on my cruises! I just hope they never remove them from the menu!!

I have had tater tots at home and at fast food places, but never have they been cooked to crispy perfection like they are on the ship! They’re piled a mile high then topped with cheese, bacon, green onions, drizzled with sour cream and sprinkled with jalapeños. We eat them at least twice each cruise!!

The breakfast sausage links in Cabanas. I do not like nor eat it anywhere else, but for some reason, on the ship it's AMAZING.

That's funny, my partner and I were talking about this yesterday. I agree, the flavor is very different from US breakfast sausage. They're also a little wider, so more meat to casing. I once had something that purported to be Irish breakfast sausage that had a similar flavor and texture. In general, I really enjoyed my hobbit breakfasts with sausage, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

This is the best post EVER! The BLTs.....from room service.....so right....heck, I don't even like BLTs, never eat at home, but these are like a bacon sandwich (even ate the tomato, I don't even like tomatoes, lol). And the chips that come along with sandwich, how weird is it that they are so good (must be the sea air). I read there is food at O'Gills (haven't been on Fantasy in years), is this true? Heading out on Fantasy on July 28 this month. Thank you for starting this thread.

This is the best post EVER! The BLTs.....from room service.....so right....heck, I don't even like BLTs, never eat at home, but these are like a bacon sandwich (even ate the tomato, I don't even like tomatoes, lol). And the chips that come along with sandwich, how weird is it that they are so good (must be the sea air). I read there is food at O'Gills (haven't been on Fantasy in years), is this true? Heading out on Fantasy on July 28 this month. Thank you for starting this thread.
For some reason this is a go-to room service item for me as well. Totally agree about the potato chips tasting so much better! Yum!

My wife is asking me about smoothies for breakfast. She had one in 2013 and wondering if they still offer.
The "Delicious Fruit Yogurts" are at the MDR breakfast and I also got one of them at Daisy's Delites on the Wonder. They are more a smoothie than a yogurt as they're blended together. Maybe your wife had one of these?
  • Mango Mountain Hike
    fresh blend of Mangoes, Honey, Granola and L0w-fat Yogurt
  • Mornin’ Tug Boat
    fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt

The corned beef hash with poached eggs. On the Wonder for the EBPC cruise last fall, a tray of plain poached eggs were available at Cabanas along with the usual trays of eggs benedict and eggs florentine. On the Magic for the recent EBTA, I had to separate the poached eggs from their accompanying muffins etc. because there was never a separate tray of just eggs.

This is a recent one - mozzarella sticks.

A tablemate ordered them one evening and shared them with the table. They were delicious and we ended up getting a large plate for the table every night for the rest of the cruise!

Which ship were you on? Were the mozzarella sticks breaded?

Thanks!

The breakfast sausage links in Cabanas. I do not like nor eat it anywhere else, but for some reason, on the ship it's AMAZING. Weird, but the strawberry topping for the waffles, tastes so good with the sausage lol. Same concept as maple syrup, but the strawberry juice instead. Soooo good.
I love the sausage, but with the grilled tomatoes. And the hash browns, yum!

The "Delicious Fruit Yogurts" are at the MDR breakfast and I also got one of them at Daisy's Delites on the Wonder. They are more a smoothie than a yogurt as they're blended together. Maybe your wife had one of these?
  • Mango Mountain Hike
    fresh blend of Mangoes, Honey, Granola and L0w-fat Yogurt
  • Mornin’ Tug Boat
    fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt

I grabbed something like this but without the granola on my way to the 5k from the same place that has a nacho bar at night. So yummy.

The Disney Magic. I'm pretty sure they were breaded. To be honest, we'd never had mozzarella sticks before, so I'm not really aware of what the variations in coatings are. But, they were ... crumbed kind of like crumbed fish or crumbed sausages.

There is a NACHO BAR???? Where and when? Is it available on the Magic???

On the Wonder they have nachos and salsa out in the Promenade Lounge before dinner and they have a rotating 'snack' bar in the bars in the evening. Sometimes wings, nachos, other appetizer goodness! My DH fell in love our last cruise and hit the bar for late night snacks almost every night! The Magic is her sister ship so I'm sure they have them there too.

Thanks!

Look out on the kids menu, they often have mozzarella sticks as a meal, anyone can order them. And yes the breaded, deep fried kind, SO bad for you but SO good! Also try the fried brie on the appetizer menu for the rotational dining at Royal Court/Tritons/Lumeires, its a fancy version of a mozzarella stick and one of our favs.

I have 2. On one of our longer cruises up on the pool deck they had soft pretzels!!!! I had at least 1 every day and it’s the only cruise I’ve seen this. They where heaven

Then for breakfast I discovered the Dulce duleche (sp) waffle sandwich. If I wake up in time I’ll do that every morning over Cabanas. I want one right now!!!!

Last edited:
On the Wonder they have nachos and salsa out in the Promenade Lounge before dinner and they have a rotating 'snack' bar in the bars in the evening. Sometimes wings, nachos, other appetizer goodness! My DH fell in love our last cruise and hit the bar for late night snacks almost every night! The Magic is her sister ship so I'm sure they have them there too.

Yes on the Magic too. I can never remember "Promenade Lounge". We're usually way too full to grab anything from there.

In the morning the promenade lounge has the smoothie things (the ones at Promenade Lounge and Daisy's has the granola blended in it) and croissants where the snack food is (and at one point on debarkation morning).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter