DCL food that you know you shouldn't love...but you do!

I ordered chicken fingers from room service once an they were horrible!! I've never gotten them from the pool deck, but after reading how many of you love them, I'll have to give them a try!! Only a very long 190 more days until I can!! And I have a confession, we'vd done 4 cruises and I haven't had one single Mickey bar, gasp!! Are they really any better than any chocolate covered ice cream bar I can get from the grocery store?

I will answer for my whole family! DH loves getting a huge bowl of cottage cheese mixed with some kind of tropical fruit in Cabanas. DD looks forward to unlimited mac and cheese in the dining room, plus the DCL chocolate chip cookies. Our servers would load her down with a bowl of cookies to take back to the room every night!

For me, it's the soft serve. I am an ice cream addict.

We balance it out with all the fresh pineapple that we eat. (Something about having someone else cut it up makes it taste that much better!)

I love the fresh pineapple!:-)

However, with the high sugar content, it's not the healthiest fruit. But let's just go with the fact that it's fruit...fruit is healthy!

I love the fresh pineapple!:-)

However, with the high sugar content, it's not the healthiest fruit. But let's just go with the fact that it's fruit...fruit is healthy!

Maybe justify it this way - if you eat a steak in the dining room the night before, you might NEED that pineapple to help you digest! I think i learned this in Hawaii. "The enzyme contained in fresh pineapple helps break down the amino acid bonds in proteins, which promotes good digestion."

Last edited:
I would say YES, they are better than the average bar. To me, they are more like a Dove bar. Quite decadent. Okay..... now I want one....... gotta wait until our Sept. Fantasy sailing! :boat:

Oh, I agree too. I don’t tend to like hard chocolate that comes on ice cream bars, but the mickey bars seem better. It makes sense that you compare the chocolate to dove, because dove dark chocolate is just about the only chocolate I eat... just so yummy.

Maybe justify it this way - if you eat a steak in the dining room the night before, you might NEED that pineapple to help ypu digest! I think i learned this in Hawaii. "The enzyme contained in fresh pineapple helps break down the amino acid bonds in proteins, which promotes good digestion."

Absolutely! :thumbsup2

It's gotta be the chicken fingers. They're some generic food service brand I'm sure, but frying stuff is all about having oil at the right temp and not letting it drop when the volume picks up. I'm guessing 50% of the energy use of the ship is keeping that fryolater at the correct temp because everything out of it is spot on.

We haven't ordered then in a while...I would say it's been a few years...but the ones we received were not the small ones on deck. Ours was as big as a small plate. My children liked them, but not enough to order them twice, I guess.

Correct they are different from the ones on deck. They are large. And served warm so they seem freshly baked.

Love escargot!:)

Okay. So it seems like everything I eat is not really healthy. Perhaps, there should be a thread about what we love that's good for us. I'm not sure if I'd be able to think of anything...other than maybe apples, cheese and milk.

The breakfast musli with toppings in Cabanas. I love that stuff. I’d like to think it was a healthy option but I’ve seen the recipe. It has heavy cream in it.

On our first cruise, we ate so much of this thinking it was a healthy choice. Oops. I still let myself have it once or twice each trip because it's just so good!

The watermelon at Daisy's de-lights on our Med cruise was amazing this year. I'll remember to check out next time. It was the perfect compliment to the shawarma.

For me, it's the Mickey ice cream bars, Krispy Kreme donuts with the chocolate frosting, and the cut up watermelon. For my DH, it would be the hash brown planks. There is something about being on DCL that makes it seem okay to eat these things!

This is a great idea! :thumbsup2
Never thought of doing this. Thanks for sharing!! One more reason to lose some pounds before gaining them all back on the cruise.
I had no idea you could request a whole pie but I guess it makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter