DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

What a miserable headache checking in was! Some tips:

I was on at 4:50am. You'll get a Sorry Not available/Opps something went wrong message on the app/website before 5am.

When 5 am hit, it took multiple (up to a dozen) attempts to get my document images to load, and sometimes the image would load, but not actually appear, just a tiny wrongly-formatted message saying "we have your photo".

It's now 5:47, and I still haven't been able to get the onboard activities page to load. Error messages. Earliest boarding time I was offered was 1:15pm, boarding group 6. Losing hope booking a show.

App is useless. "Please try again" messages constantly when trying to book online activities that way.

What a miserable headache checking in was! Some tips:

I was on at 4:50am. You'll get a Sorry Not available/Opps something went wrong message on the app/website before 5am.

When 5 am hit, it took multiple (up to a dozen) attempts to get my document images to load, and sometimes the image would load, but not actually appear, just a tiny wrongly-formatted message saying "we have your photo".

It's now 5:47, and I still haven't been able to get the onboard activities page to load. Error messages. Earliest boarding time I was offered was 1:15pm, boarding group 6. Losing hope booking a show.

App is useless. "Please try again" messages constantly when trying to book online activities that way.

I haven’t been able to book any activities either - the seven dwarves we’re working on it page is not what I want to see this early in the morning!

Check in by comparison was relatively simple. I got a PAT of 1-1:15pm and boarding group 4.

I haven’t been able to book any activities either - the seven dwarves we’re working on it page is not what I want to see this early in the morning!

Check in by comparison was relatively simple. I got a PAT of 1-1:15pm and boarding group 4.

I'll let you know if/when I can. I'm just reloading the page/app every few minutes, to no avail. I still cannot believe they didn't make sure there was enough capacity for each guest.

EDIT: Still nothing...at least on the phone you feel like you are in a queue and you feel like you can walk around and do other things while you wait.

EDIT 2: Finally got a show reservation for 5pm on Day 4. I'd suggest trying day 4 instead of day 2 - maybe less people are bombarding the second showing??

Last edited:

I’ve just booked The Variety Showtime for day 1 at 8pm and Disney Dreams for 8pm on day 4. I could have booked 8:15 or 8:30 pm if I’d wanted or any of the three times available for the earlier showing, though as we’re booked on the main (early) dinner seating I wanted the later shows anyway!

Glad you’ve got sorted, but sorry it’s been so painful!

Frustrating that it seems the show bookings weren’t ready to go for the first hour and a half too!

I’ve just booked The Variety Showtime for day 1 at 8pm and Disney Dreams for 8pm on day 4. I could have booked 8:15 or 8:30 pm if I’d wanted or any of the three times available for the earlier showing, though as we’re booked on the main (early) dinner seating I wanted the later shows anyway!

Great! We booked the same shows on the same days you did, but the 5pm showing, as we're second dining. Glad you made it, have a great trip.

Anyone that routinely listens to The Dis Unplugged will know Disney is notorious for their IT systems, I guess these glitches don't surprise me, although unpleasant for anyone experiencing them.

There are a few things you'll need to do in order to complete your online check in

Online Check In

The first step is to upload a photo of the valid Government Issued Photo ID you will use for check-in. Options include Driving Licence; EU ID card; Passport; Permanent Resident Card; or “Other Government Document”. (Expired passports cannot be used; under 18s should not need to complete this step).

The second step is to upload a photo (ie selfie) that will be used to expedite check-in. You may find it easier to use the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App for steps one and two as you can use the camera on your smart-phone to take the two photos. You can do this for everyone in your travel party, provided you have the required information, including guests on linked reservations staying in other staterooms.

The third step is to fill in the payment card details that will be used to settle onboard expenses. You can opt to grant charging privileges to others in your travel party, including guests on linked reservations staying in other staterooms. You may find it easier to upload card information on the “My Reservation” section on the Disney Cruise Line website. You can also swap between the app and the website during the check-in process.

The fourth step is to select a port arrival time (PAT), which are in fifteen minute increments from when the terminal opens (typically around 1pm) until an hour before the all aboard time. These are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can also upload details of your travel plans at this stage (how you are planning to travel to and from the port).

Reserving activities 30 days before sailing

You should be able to select your Youth Activity times for Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab (one session per day – a 1.5 hour-long session on Embarkation Day; and a 2.5 hour-long session per day during days at sea); and reserve your space for Disney Dreams in the Walt Disney Theatre.

The best way to do this is in the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app. If you have several staterooms travelling together, as long as the reservations are linked together, then one guest can make the reservations for the whole of their party.

Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area will operate with a virtual queue via the Navigator App once you are on board the ship – so no need to reserve the pool times before sailing.

For those travelling with children, there is a really cool Cruise Adventure scrapbook available to download – there’s lots of fun tips for younger sailors, it's not Magic At Sea specific but might be a good idea to help reveal or plan your trip with the children 🤩🚢

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...-cruise-adventure-booklet-english-version.pdf

I was excited to see this and printed it for my grandkids to look at and have some fun but didn't realize it was 30 pages!!! My printer got a workout!!

MJ

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere in this thread - but I just wanted to share my vaccine experience in case it can help any other young adults out there.

We put a deposit down for our cruise from Southampton, August 13-16, but in order to be "fully vaccinated" 7 days prior to the cruise, the latest my fiance and I could get our second jabs was August 6th.

My age group was then invited to book our vaccines a few weeks ago, and I got my first one booked for June 8th, second one for August 24th... :sad1: 11 weeks between them and too late for our cruise.

We had chosen this particular cruise date because our wedding has been cancelled (for a second time!!!) that weekend in August, so we wanted to do something fun to commiserate! So I was super sad at the prospect of cancelling/postponing our cruise.

But I held off on moving it, and then by some miracle I saw on an Instagram story that the NHS website has very quietly moved the vaccination window from 11 weeks to 8 weeks! I hopped right on and managed to cancel our August 24th jabs, and reschedule them for August 3rd, meaning we will be able to make our cruise!

I haven't seen this talked about ANYWHERE in the media for people under 40 (I'm 29 and my fiance is 31), so just wanted to share in case it helps anyone else!

Happy cruising everyone :sail:

When dose th 30 day window open
Is it at 29days 23 Hours

Ie that screen shot is from now, so is it tommorow am or Wednesday am

Attachments

• 0E5F05F1-67B6-4998-8C2A-E049AC1A1476.jpeg
    0E5F05F1-67B6-4998-8C2A-E049AC1A1476.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 0
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere in this thread - but I just wanted to share my vaccine experience in case it can help any other young adults out there.

We put a deposit down for our cruise from Southampton, August 13-16, but in order to be "fully vaccinated" 7 days prior to the cruise, the latest my fiance and I could get our second jabs was August 6th.

My age group was then invited to book our vaccines a few weeks ago, and I got my first one booked for June 8th, second one for August 24th... :sad1: 11 weeks between them and too late for our cruise.

We had chosen this particular cruise date because our wedding has been cancelled (for a second time!!!) that weekend in August, so we wanted to do something fun to commiserate! So I was super sad at the prospect of cancelling/postponing our cruise.

But I held off on moving it, and then by some miracle I saw on an Instagram story that the NHS website has very quietly moved the vaccination window from 11 weeks to 8 weeks! I hopped right on and managed to cancel our August 24th jabs, and reschedule them for August 3rd, meaning we will be able to make our cruise!

I haven't seen this talked about ANYWHERE in the media for people under 40 (I'm 29 and my fiance is 31), so just wanted to share in case it helps anyone else!

Happy cruising everyone :sail:
Great point , a lot of people have the ability / option to bring it forward now. As seen with Portugal this morning the "double jab" looks like its going to make a massive difference and it seems that there are options to get both doses before the summer for nearly every adult.

My Brother In Law brought his forward - he had his last Saturday and we sail on the 9th July :yay:

When dose th 30 day window open
Is it at 29days 23 Hours

Ie that screen shot is from now, so is it tommorow am or Wednesday am

It opens at 5am BST on Day 29. Basically, when the counter would hit 30 D 00 Hrs 00 Mins if you were in Florida, which is 5 hours behind the uk in the summer.

Some areas are moving 2nd dose even closer, for example 4-6 weeks in between. Check on your council website. They might have a mass weekend event where you can get 2nd dose even earlier than you've booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter