• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

The characters in the parks have not worn masks for the past year, so I'd be surprised if they do on the cruise.
Oh I know, just think it’d be funny for reflecting the absurdity of our times (and I enjoy getting rare photo ops with the characters in exclusive outfits) but completely get that the pandemic doesn’t exist within the Disney canon.

On a semi-related note, the ‘know before you go’ page was updated yesterday to clarify a few areas that won’t have virtual queues and to add that masks are no longer needed outdoors on the ships (this is contradicted further down the page however cast members on the Magic have confirmed that this is the case according to some of the fb groups).

I just see from a Facebook group they have over subscribed the cruises, and they are asking people for the July 15th cruise to cancel for 50% off a future 2/3/4 night cruise.
Poor from Disney. Makes you wonder just what % of the cruise they have filled!!!

I just see from a Facebook group they have over subscribed the cruises, and they are asking people for the July 15th cruise to cancel for 50% off a future 2/3/4 night cruise.
Poor from Disney. Makes you wonder just what % of the cruise they have filled!!!
18th too… not good.

There is a British cruise vlogger that I follow and she said that other cruise lines have just cancelled the cruises for some passengers. I think a 50% discount sounds great. The issue is all of the cruise lines overbooked

from what I have read, it seems like this is just a new ruling that came out, and cruise lines are doing their best to accommodate

from what I have read, it seems like this is just a new ruling that came out, and cruise lines are doing their best to accommodate

Not a new ruling at all, just that Disney and all other cruise lines expected the restrictions to be reduced on what was dubbed "Freedom Day" June 21st however, due to the Delta variant that date has been moved to the now expected date of July 19th. So the first 2 UK cruises were probably overbooked from the permitted 1,000 passengers or 50% occupancy whichever is lower. So for these cruises it will be 1,000 passengers. Not sure why Disney left it so late, as they must have known back in June that they were overbooked.

Hmm, I am on the 18th July cruise, TBH I will be furious if I am bumped off but given their ship holds 2700 people and must sail at a max of 1,000 there is a good possibility it will happen, their offer of 50% off is pretty poor as what is left in the UK is very limited and mainly in the more expensive cabins, the offer of 50% is only open to 2,3 and 4 night cruises and at present I would not consider booking anything in the USA given we cannot even legally travel there at the moment. I cannot imagine they will have people queuing up to take their offer which personally I think is pretty rubbish.

Hmm, I am on the 18th July cruise, TBH I will be furious if I am bumped off but given their ship holds 2700 people and must sail at a max of 1,000 there is a good possibility it will happen, their offer of 50% off is pretty poor as what is left in the UK is very limited and mainly in the more expensive cabins, the offer of 50% is only open to 2,3 and 4 night cruises and at present I would not consider booking anything in the USA given we cannot even legally travel there at the moment. I cannot imagine they will have people queuing up to take their offer which personally I think is pretty rubbish.
According to Facebook people who have called have been told that the offer’s on longer valid as enough people took it up, so hopefully you should be safe :) (But agree, while it’s a good offer in principle I also questioned how relevant it would be to anyone not able to move to one of the other UK sailings).

Not long to go now until we see the first cruisers reporting on the Test cruises. Although I have the proverbial massive pinch of salt lined up for these first cruises.

Not long to go now until we see the first cruisers reporting on the Test cruises. Although I have the proverbial massive pinch of salt lined up for these first cruises.
Yes, we should know a bit more Tues, Weds and Thursday this week after the test cruise.

As much as I'm looking forward to experiencing DCL for the first time when I go in Sept, I think a lot of people with dates on the later cruises will be watching and waiting in the same way as I am to find out what exactly is on offer and if it's worth the price. If it seems that the first few cruises aren't living up the ideas that have been sold that 'it's disney, they'll just make it work' then I might reconsider and get my money back whilst I still can before the 30 day mark.

That’s the first test sailing underway! So nice to see photos and videos of people on DCL again. From what I’ve seen so far, there’s an open house for all the kids clubs on embarkation day and a mini Frozen show on deck 9 (but this seems to clash with first dining). Cabanas is open but served by cast members and breakfast seems to be from a menu.

Looking forward to reports from the first full day tomorrow.

That’s the first test sailing underway! So nice to see photos and videos of people on DCL again. From what I’ve seen so far, there’s an open house for all the kids clubs on embarkation day and a mini Frozen show on deck 9 (but this seems to clash with first dining). Cabanas is open but served by cast members and breakfast seems to be from a menu.

Looking forward to reports from the first full day tomorrow.
Link!?

I watched the live stream on YT and it was clear the commentator knew NOTHING about Disney! "I could use a drink called the Daffy Duck about now" :rolleyes: His commentary was so inane, I nearly muted him several times. Was lovely to see the ship sail though!!! He said he only heard a couple of horns but his feed was not the greatest, I found a vid on IG a little while later that posted a short clip of the horns.

Can you see the ship when you go to Liverpool? (and where is it exactly?) I haven't had a Disney fix since November '19, and would love to just see it (even from far).

The cruise terminal is close to town, but its easier to see the ship in full from the Wirral side of the Mersey. So New Brighton promenade towards Seacombe. The whole stretch gives you great views. You need to park up and walk though, all of the promenade is pedestrian only.

I am really hoping a YouTube vlogger is on one of these first few staycation cruises. I have been watching so many cruise vlogs during the pandemic. I would love to see their experience! I am so happy they are officially cruising tho!

One more step towards normalcy! Woot woot!

I am really hoping a YouTube vlogger is on one of these first few staycation cruises. I have been watching so many cruise vlogs during the pandemic. I would love to see their experience! I am so happy they are officially cruising tho!

One more step towards normalcy! Woot woot!

Karen Bee, Hannah Ricketts and Charlotte Ruff are on the very first one and all three are on YT. I assume at least the first two are vlogging it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter