CVS ECB Deals - Sales for Week 1/27/08-2/2/08

I'm not sure if my stores allow superstacking because I haven't tried. But they sure scrutinize my coupons. Today I used 2 robitussin free coupons that I got from the manufacturer. They WERENT printable ones but nice coupons that had a halographic sticker thing on them. The guy read every single word of fine print on the coupon. I thought he was looking for the max price allowed so I pointed to the box that said "up to $7.99". He said, "Oh, I see that. I am looking to see if it says limit one coupon per customer? :confused3 I said, "But I bought 2 robitussins". He said, "I know, but some coupons only allow you to use one like kind per transaction" Whatever. Luckily it didn't say "Limit one per purchase". I told him that I got the coupons becuase the Robitussin I had was recalled and they sent these coupons to replace them. He said, "Oh that must be why it doesn't say one per purchase."

I feel I use all my coupons legitimately. And I am tired of being scrutinized for every little thing! Today when I walked in the manager gave me a look like "oh, here she comes again." He even nodded to the cashier who was standing by him and sort of jerked his head my way. Sometimes if he rings me up he will start talking to the other cashier by him in Spanish and I often wonder if he is talking about me. I often hear "CVS coupon" etc that I can make out, but I don't understand Spanish except for very obvious words.

Maggie

I just wanted to give a heads up - I went to CVS at lunch in southern NH and they had a big sign on the Cottonelle TP - 2 ECB bucks - like paying 2.99. So when they rang up at 9.99 each I questioned the cashier - the manager came over and said that Corporate must have caught on to the error and to adjust my sell price to 2.99 and if ECB's print to destroy them. So of course they did still print - and the cashier ripped them up... :sad2: So I was able to get the toilet paper for 2.99 each - actually less with other coupons, etc. but wanted to let you guys know - no more Christmas paper sales!

The problem is...I could probably make myself feel good about it...:lmao:
I guess you are right, the clerk was actually encouraging it. It was her suggestion...

And that's why I always carry plenty of the $/$$ coupons with me - you never know when you might be able to use them! :banana:

I just wanted to give a heads up - I went to CVS at lunch in southern NH and they had a big sign on the Cottonelle TP - 2 ECB bucks - like paying 2.99. So when they rang up at 9.99 each I questioned the cashier - the manager came over and said that Corporate must have caught on to the error and to adjust my sell price to 2.99 and if ECB's print to destroy them. So of course they did still print - and the cashier ripped them up... :sad2: So I was able to get the toilet paper for 2.99 each - actually less with other coupons, etc. but wanted to let you guys know - no more Christmas paper sales!

Oh man, I was hoping for some Christmas TP! I have to check if my stores still have the Q-Tips but since it was -2 (actual) when I got to work this morning, I'm afraid to leave the office! :scared1:

Oh man, I was hoping for some Christmas TP! I have to check if my stores still have the Q-Tips but since it was -2 (actual) when I got to work this morning, I'm afraid to leave the office! :scared1:

The "QTips" are actually J&J Swabs. Just so you are looking for the right thing.

Maggie

The problem is...I could probably make myself feel good about it...:lmao:
I guess you are right, the clerk was actually encouraging it. It was her suggestion...

I super stack at all my CVS. Most are just plain impressed that I took the time to collect them up. I actually screwed up today as I super stacked myself to .09! I made her take all my manf coupons and put them with the others though because that was my mess up to use too many $/$$ and I wanted the store to be able to redeem all the manf ones instead.

Anyway, it is really how you feel about stacking like that. I am encouraged for the most part so I don't feel weird about it.

Neither of my 2 CVS's had Christmas toilet paper or Dial 3-pack, so today after work I went in search at the one near my office. None there either, but they did have a Nova Max monitor, which although too late for the $10 ECBs, still worked out great. I continue to post that CVS can be great for purchasing FOOD AND MILK when combined with $x/$x. The elderly cashier man who was checking me out looked floored when my total came to $0.46:
1 Nova Max, $59.99
4 Oreo snack cake/cookie 12 oz, on sale $2.50 each
1 gallon Garelick skim milk, on sale $3.49
2 bags Smart Popcorn (not on sale, but we love it), $2.49 each
1 Charleston chew candybar (filler, didn't make it out of the car), $0.69
Total was ~$76.
Less $15/$75 CVS printable coupon (had never used this one before, but it beeped, so not sure if it was because CVS is looking closely at these or the cashier man who seemed technically challenged was doing something wrong)
Less $10/$50 CRT
Less $50 Nova Max coupon from diabetes book
Less Free Milk when you Buy 4 Nabisco 9 oz or greater Manufacturer's coupon - He took off $3.69
Total oop = $0.46.
They had lots of Nova Max monitors on the shelf, which was interesting because I never could locate when the ECB was offered. Had another Nova Max $50 coupon (exp. tomorrow, 1/31) and $15/$75 printable in my purse, and got another $10/$50 CRT from this transaction, but considered this a good day and left.

They had lots of Nova Max monitors on the shelf, which was interesting because I never could locate when the ECB was offered. Had another Nova Max $50 coupon (exp. tomorrow, 1/31) and $15/$75 printable in my purse, and got another $10/$50 CRT from this transaction, but considered this a good day and left.

I think they are getting stock in because the Nova Max monitors have a $20 ECB deal starting 2/3.

Maggie

Hi Still confused on the dibeties book you are getting coupons out of. Is it old what does it look like. No one in the store knows what I are talking about.

It came out in I think November of last year. All of the coupons expire tomorrow.

Maggie

Why do you call it Christmas paper? I don't get it???:confused3

Because when one of our dissers asked about the Cottonelle TP a mangaer told her it was a Christmas deal and would not be available until next year at Christmas. :lmao: :lmao: As we all know the only time we use TP is at Christmas time.:rolleyes1

On my way home from work, I stopped at the CVS nearby to see if they had any of the VP on sale.

I lucked out and found a Breeze 2 diabetes monitor and I still have 2 coupons from the Diabetes book. So I bought one of the monitors and used my second ECB card that I only break out when there are extra good deals to be had.

1 Breeze 2 Diabetes Monitor 9.99
-9.99 coupon
OOP = 0

and I got back $9.99 in ECB. Nice way to start off my card that I had no ECB on. PLUS, I got a surprise $2 ECB that was from fall quarterly spending.

1 Dial VP handsoap 3.49
1 Dial VP handsoap 3.49
1 Dial VP handsoap 3.49
1 Dial VP handsoap 3.49
1 Stayfree Dry Max 12 ct. 3.29
-$3/$15
-$2 Stayfree Dry Max coupon printable
-$9.99 ECB
-$2 ECB
Subtotal .26
IL 9.0% tax .20
Total .46

I got back $8 ECB for the Dial and $3.29 for the Stayfree.

When I got up to the register I asked the cashier to do a price check on the Dial VP since they didn't have any scanners at this store. Of course there is that big yellow tag on the front that says $6.99! She basically says, "It is $7! It says right here on the front. Duh!!!" I nicely said, "I know, but I think it is ringing up at $3.49." She kind of huffs and says, "No, that is after ECB." I said,can you please just scan it. Then it did ring up $3.49! And she said, "Hey, it is $3.49. That means you will get that for like $1.50. That's a good deal." Of course I wanted to say, "Duh! That's why I'm buying it." She said, "Did you buy them all? Are there any left?" I said, "Yes, there are some left. The limit on the ECB was 5." So, as I am pushing my cart towards the door, I hear her tell the guy behind me, "Sorry, I'm going on break now. You have to get in another line." :rotfl2: I'm sure she made a dash to the shelf with the Dial!!

Maggie

:lmao:
Of course I wanted to say, "Duh! That's why I'm buying it." She said, "Did you buy them all? Are there any left?" I said, "Yes, there are some left. The limit on the ECB was 5." So, as I am pushing my cart towards the door, I hear her tell the guy behind me, "Sorry, I'm going on break now. You have to get in another line." :rotfl2: I'm sure she made a dash to the shelf with the Dial!!

Maggie

Oh that is CLASSIC! :rotfl2:

my store had the sign still there about vp..get bucks back...bla, bla bla.. but they had already seperated the packs..they were all there not in a value pack anymore:confused3 I CANT FIND THE TP>>>>:santa: mybe stants stocking uup for next year:rotfl2:

Can somebody tell me what the items are for the buy $15 and get a free gift pack by mail? I am really confused on that one. As I have told you guys before it does not take much to confuse me.

I think its just the items in that 4 page "booklet" that is inside the regular ad.

Maggie

Quick trip for me today (as I finally found my Fusion coupons)

1 Fusion manual razor
1 Johnson's Buddies
1 package watermelon Twizzlers (still needed one for ECB)

Coupons used:
$2 off Fuzion
$1 off Johnsons (adjusted to $.99)
$2 off $10
$6 ECB

Total: $1.12 OOP

ECBs earned: $7 ($6 for razor and $1 for Twizzlers)

I have to stop at another store tonight befor DS#1's therapy to get the razor with DH's card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter