Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

We purchased our first contract a year ago. 175 points direct at VGF. As I was warned last year, the adonitis bug would bite me soon. I was doing so good and in no rush to add on until today and now I’m really thinking about buying another 150 points while the getting is good. I have not run this idea by DH yet and I’m sure he will shut me right down. However, I can be pretty persuasive when it comes to anything Disney, since it’s my happy place. I’ve already spoken to my guide earlier to get all the figures.

I forgot to ask her and I skimmed through here, but I didn’t see a clear answer. I have a Feb UY now. If I add on does my new purchase have to have the same UY or can I pick another one? Should I even pick another one? And which other UY would be best? Both my contracts will be VGF, which is fine with me since I do love it there. We will definitely travel the first week of May every year for our anniversary. We have also been known to go in mid-July for my birthday, but I also want to take a trip sometime in the fall/winter like maybe September or early December. Honestly, my goal is to add some weekend trips throughout the year, as our points and work schedules allow. Mostly it’s just DH and I so we would book DS. But I would imagine maybe once a year, my 2 kids and their families, making it 8 of us total, would want to tag along, meaning we would need a 2 BR, which would take up a whole 150 point contract on its own for just a 3-4 night visit.

Getting back on track now, I like the thought of buying a contract still in a 2022 UY since we don’t need the points at the moment and I wouldn’t have to pay the dues and could save that little bit of money. I need to save as much money as I can so I can convince DH to get on board.

I saw a few pages back about a Disney Visa incentive, but from what I understand that’s expired, correct?

Speaking with my guide earlier, she quoted me 150 points at around $24,000 after all incentives including MB, welcome home credit since I already have a trip scheduled, plus the 5 free points credit and the developer credit. Is that as good as it gets or am I missing anything else?

We purchased our first contract a year ago. 175 points direct at VGF. As I was warned last year, the adonitis bug would bite me soon. I was doing so good and in no rush to add on until today and now I’m really thinking about buying another 150 points while the getting is good. I have not run this idea by DH yet and I’m sure he will shut me right down. However, I can be pretty persuasive when it comes to anything Disney, since it’s my happy place. I’ve already spoken to my guide earlier to get all the figures.

I forgot to ask her and I skimmed through here, but I didn’t see a clear answer. I have a Feb UY now. If I add on does my new purchase have to have the same UY or can I pick another one? Should I even pick another one? And which other UY would be best? Both my contracts will be VGF, which is fine with me since I do love it there. We will definitely travel the first week of May every year for our anniversary. We have also been known to go in mid-July for my birthday, but I also want to take a trip sometime in the fall/winter like maybe September or early December. Honestly, my goal is to add some weekend trips throughout the year, as our points and work schedules allow. Mostly it’s just DH and I so we would book DS. But I would imagine maybe once a year, my 2 kids and their families, making it 8 of us total, would want to tag along, meaning we would need a 2 BR, which would take up a whole 150 point contract on its own for just a 3-4 night visit.

Getting back on track now, I like the thought of buying a contract still in a 2022 UY since we don’t need the points at the moment and I wouldn’t have to pay the dues and could save that little bit of money. I need to save as much money as I can so I can convince DH to get on board.

I saw a few pages back about a Disney Visa incentive, but from what I understand that’s expired, correct?

Speaking with my guide earlier, she quoted me 150 points at around $24,000 after all incentives including MB, welcome home credit since I already have a trip scheduled, plus the 5 free points credit and the developer credit. Is that as good as it gets or am I missing anything else?
Are either of you military? I think that’s the only other discount you haven’t mentioned yet.

Remind me, VGF does NOT have resale restrictions like RIV? Also for MB, is it still 2022 points? For VDH it's 2023 points.

Just guessing here (no 1st hand knowledge), VDH has no 2022 UY points, so that would be why it’s 2023 only. And also 2022 points’ MB eligibility would currently only be for Aug Sep Oct and Dec UY for the WDW resorts, since the Feb-Jun 2022 UYs have already lapsed.

Remind me, VGF does NOT have resale restrictions like RIV? Also for MB, is it still 2022 points? For VDH it's 2023 points.
Just guessing here (no 1st hand knowledge), VDH has no 2022 UY points, so that would be why it’s 2023 only. And also 2022 points’ MB eligibility would currently only be for Aug Sep Oct and Dec UY for the WDW resorts, since the Feb-Jun 2022 UYs have already lapsed.
Confirming that I added on with a March UY and did not get 2022 points - MB will be taking my 2023 points.

Can anyone confirm the Chase no fee promo ends on June 30? I guess to take advantage we’d need to close around June 25. That allows enough days for the transaction to process in order to set up the plan by June 30.

Can anyone confirm the Chase no fee promo ends on June 30? I guess to take advantage we’d need to close around June 25. That allows enough days for the transaction to process in order to set up the plan by June 30.

Yes. This is from an email I received on May 10 from Chase:

Break up purchases over $100 into equal monthly payments.1 Enjoy no interest plus $0 plan fees on the first My Chase Plan® you create by June 30, 2023.

However, the small print says ineligible purchases include "purchases made under a separate promotion or special finance program." I'm wondering if a DVC purchase doesn't count because you automatically get 0% interest for 6 months?

Yes. This is from an email I received on May 10 from Chase:

Break up purchases over $100 into equal monthly payments.1 Enjoy no interest plus $0 plan fees on the first My Chase Plan® you create by June 30, 2023.

However, the small print says ineligible purchases include "purchases made under a separate promotion or special finance program." I'm wondering if a DVC purchase doesn't count because you automatically get 0% interest for 6 months?
Thanks for the date - I went back into my email and found the promo - but for my Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card, not the Disney Visa. Wonder if it's possible to change eligibility to a different Chase card...

Sorry I am a little confused here. Is Disney offering the $22 per point off the whole contract if you do Magical Beginnings or just paying you $22 x # of points the first year? A lot of people in the thread look like they are doing the math of the $22 off the whole purchase price.

Sorry I am a little confused here. Is Disney offering the $22 per point off the whole contract if you do Magical Beginnings or just paying you $22 x # of points the first year? A lot of people in the thread look like they are doing the math of the $22 off the whole purchase price.
It’s $22 per point in that they buy back one year’s worth of points. But the math is the same, that is equivalent to paying $22 per point less for the entire purchase. Example for math only: DVD charges $222 per point. For 100 points it’s $22,200 for the points purchase. When they buy back one year’s worth of points at $22 pp, they pay $2,200. That means the total purchase price is $20,000 or $200 per point instead of $222.

It’s also why, when looking at resale contracts, some people consider the points available to rent as offsetting the purchase price. In my contract, I paid the sellers $20,000 for 250 points ($80 pp) There are 184 points banked from a prior year that I could rent out. Let’s say I rent for $16pp, that’s $2,944, which if you subtract from my purchase price makes my purchase $17,056. Divided by 250 points that’s $68.22 pp.

It’s $22 per point in that they buy back one year’s worth of points. But the math is the same, that is equivalent to paying $22 per point less for the entire purchase. Example for math only: DVD charges $222 per point. For 100 points it’s $22,200 for the points purchase. When they buy back one year’s worth of points at $22 pp, they pay $2,200. That means the total purchase price is $20,000 or $200 per point instead of $222.

It’s also why, when looking at resale contracts, some people consider the points available to rent as offsetting the purchase price. In my contract, I paid the sellers $20,000 for 250 points ($80 pp) There are 184 points banked from a prior year that I could rent out. Let’s say I rent for $16pp, that’s $2,944, which if you subtract from my purchase price makes my purchase $17,056. Divided by 250 points that’s $68.22 pp.
But I think you need to factor in the taxes on renting out the points.

You're not renting them in typical fashion. It's a rebate and they just don't give you those points. The rebate is not taxed.
MB is a rebate but if you actually rent them out to another family, aren’t you supposed to claim that as rental income when you file?

MB is a rebate but if you actually rent them out to another family, aren’t you supposed to claim that as rental income when you file?
I'm not a CPA, but I would expect rental income to be taxable income. MB is not rental income. If you elect to rent out future points for future UYs then that may be taxable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter