Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Terms and conditions did not list an end date.
Sweet. Hoping to get more RIV but I don't want to purchase until either end of this year/early next year so I don't pay the dues on this years points since I'm not eligible for 2022 points given I have an April UY. Hopefully it'll be around awhile.

I can confirm the promotion is still active and can be combined with the new incentives.
Yup, on the page listing the new summer incentives is this blurb: "Plus, be sure to ask about Magical Beginnings, a purchase offer which provides you with an opportunity for a cash rebate when you Add On to your Membership. Terms Apply**. See below." When you see below, there is no end date listed.

Yup, on the page listing the new summer incentives is this blurb: "Plus, be sure to ask about Magical Beginnings, a purchase offer which provides you with an opportunity for a cash rebate when you Add On to your Membership. Terms Apply**. See below." When you see below, there is no end date listed.

So cash rebate means it not a 1099? Depending on your tax bracket and number of points, it may tip it towards just banking/using the points. However if its rebate then its not taxable and there the math is straightforward.

So cash rebate means it not a 1099? Depending on your tax bracket and number of points, it may tip it towards just banking/using the points. However if its rebate then its not taxable and there the math is straightforward.
That's what we've all "assumed" and since the promotion only went into effect at the end of March, we're only just coming up on when people might be receiving their check. I'm also not adding closing costs or the extra MFs which apparently get charged for the prior year's points. Just makes the math simpler that way.

We are purchasing Disneyland Hotel Villas. Thinking about upping the amount we purchase to 150 and opting for magical beginnings. In reading my closing documents; page 9, paragraph 21 reads… in the year of closing, if PURCHASER is entitled to the use of the PURCHASER’s Home Resort Vacation Points, PURCHASER shall be responsible for the Annual Dues for that Use Year.

Two questions; if I opt for magical beginnings I’m not going to be entitled to current use year points, DVD will get them. So will I still pay for the dues?

If I am responsible for dues do I pay the full dues for the use year? Other resorts were prorated from month opening so not the full year. I thought dues would be prorated from September opening day through end of year so a little under 4months but according to page 9 paragraph 21 it seems to state I’ll be paying the full 2023 dues if I’m entitled to use my 2023 points.

We are purchasing Disneyland Hotel Villas. Thinking about upping the amount we purchase to 150 and opting for magical beginnings. In reading my closing documents; page 9, paragraph 21 reads… in the year of closing, if PURCHASER is entitled to the use of the PURCHASER’s Home Resort Vacation Points, PURCHASER shall be responsible for the Annual Dues for that Use Year.

Two questions; if I opt for magical beginnings I’m not going to be entitled to current use year points, DVD will get them. So will I still pay for the dues?

If I am responsible for dues do I pay the full dues for the use year? Other resorts were prorated from month opening so not the full year. I thought dues would be prorated from September opening day through end of year so a little under 4months but according to page 9 paragraph 21 it seems to state I’ll be paying the full 2023 dues if I’m entitled to use my 2023 points.
Yep - still gotta pay the dues on the Magical Beginnings use year. Gotta pay prorated dues from VDH opening thru end of year and then all of the following years going forward.

It seems that it has been clarified that the dues for 2023 will indeed be prorated.

Seeing as the 2023 dues are prorated but the points are not for VDH, that makes Magical Beginnings a more profitable rebate for VDH than for other resorts, right?

Seeing as the 2023 dues are prorated but the points are not for VDH, that makes Magical Beginnings a more profitable rebate for VDH than for other resorts, right?
I believe if you buy at other resorts, like VGF or RR for September use year for example, you will get both 2022 and 2023 points because it’s not in 2023 September use year yet. Then you pay dues prorated to when you buy, so it could be more profitable than buying at VDH considering that you will still have 2023 points. It depends on which use year you are buying.

I believe if you buy at other resorts, like VGF or RR for September use year for example, you will get both 2022 and 2023 points because it’s not in 2023 September use year yet. Then you pay dues prorated to when you buy, so it could be more profitable than buying at VDH considering that you will only pay for three months of dues for the points Disney buy back. It depends on which use year you are buying.

I believe if you buy at other resorts, like VGF or RR for September use year for example, you will get both 2022 and 2023 points because it’s not in 2023 September use year yet. Then you pay dues prorated to when you buy, so it could be more profitable than buying at VDH considering that you will still have 2023 points. It depends on which use year you are buying.
Oh I didn’t realize dues are prorated regardless! Yeah, Aug or later UY would be better then for buying direct at another resort.

Oh I didn’t realize dues are prorated regardless! Yeah, Aug or later UY would be better then for buying direct at another resort.

Dues are always prorated from the day you buy or the opening of a new resort. So, if you buy VDH today, since it’s not open, dues begin end of September, except for Oct and Dec UY…whIch prorate from the first of the each of those months since the first set of points foe VDH is 2023.

For all other resorts, you will pay prorated from date you sign your contract to buy since those resorts are already open.

OK so to play this out, to match my Oct UY, my best bet for adding on direct would be right before the summer incentives end in September so I still get 2022 points and only pay prorated dues Sep-Dec on the 2023 points, correct? And then we need to get confirmation from anyone who used the Magical Beginnings promotion to confirm if dues need to be paid on the 2022 points that were bought back by Disney (and if so, assume it's at whatever dues were last year).

Which also gives me 3 more months to play the "should I or shouldn't I" game 🤔

OK so to play this out, to match my Oct UY, my best bet for adding on direct would be right before the summer incentives end in September so I still get 2022 points and only pay prorated dues Sep-Dec on the 2023 points, correct? And then we need to get confirmation from anyone who used the Magical Beginnings promotion to confirm if dues need to be paid on the 2022 points that were bought back by Disney (and if so, assume it's at whatever dues were last year).

Just be sure that buy at least 4 days before the end of your UY since magical beginnings requires that.

I have March UY, so I'd still have to pay dues on MB points, but thats still 14.67 off per point. With other incentives including the Magical Beginnings (I assume it would have to be my trip, not just on my points right? I gifted points to friends for a trip in July) it looks like thats about 168/pp for 150 points at GFV. What are the chances Poly 2 matches/beats that price?

I know I wouldn't get the '23 points (or the free '22 points) but still seems like a decent deal? Also I'm guessing my dues calculation is slightly off since I wouldn't be paying $7.33/pt but half that if I buy soon (less if I wait til later). Am I missing anything?

I have March UY, so I'd still have to pay dues on MB points, but thats still 14.67 off per point. With other incentives including the Magical Beginnings (I assume it would have to be my trip, not just on my points right? I gifted points to friends for a trip in July) it looks like thats about 168/pp for 150 points at GFV. What are the chances Poly 2 matches/beats that price?

I know I wouldn't get the '23 points (or the free '22 points) but still seems like a decent deal? Also I'm guessing my dues calculation is slightly off since I wouldn't be paying $7.33/pt but half that if I buy soon (less if I wait til later). Am I missing anything?
If you have a trip planned, you can get an additional $1500 off as an incentive. Works out to 161/pp for VGF after MB.

The only other potential incentive is the chase Disney visa offer- if you’ve never done a plan it purchase they’re offering zero plan fees and zero interest up to 24 months. The deal expires the end of this month.

The only other potential incentive is the chase Disney visa offer- if you’ve never done a plan it purchase they’re offering zero plan fees and zero interest up to 24 months. The deal expires the end of this month.
Is it the Chase Disney Visa card? Doesn’t it automatically get 6 months for any Disney purchases? How do you change it to 24 months?

Is it the Chase Disney Visa card? Doesn’t it automatically get 6 months for any Disney purchases? How do you change it to 24 months?
Yes it’s the Chase Disney Visa and yes it already has 6 months zero interest. They have an offer on through the end of June for zero interest and zero plan fees for the first, “My Chase Plan” set up. I’ve never done one but from what I’m reading it’s a zero interest, zero fee on 1st plan set up prior to June 30 and it’s installment over however many months u want (up to 24 months).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter