Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

For anyone interested I have a block of rooms booked at the Embassy Suites in Miami for two nights but if you only need one night that is ok. The rate is $190.97 per night give or take a few pennies. This hotel includes free cocktails and free cooked to order breakfast. They have a free shuttle to the Miami airport that operates 24 hrs and a shuttle to the Miami area within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.
If you are interested in joining a group of us at this hotel send me a message so that I can give you further details.

Roxi

We are in 5127 and 5126. We are flying in to Fort Lauderdale as it was much cheaper. A bunch of us are staying at Homewood Suites and are getting a shuttle to the port the next day. It is going to be about $10 a person for the shuttle or party bus as we like to call it... Some people are staying at Embassy Suites in Miami.

I'm a single mom, too, traveling with two kids. We are flying into FLL and will stay in Miami. We are part of the Doubletree group, but I am considering our options. I am thinking of doing a blind booking online for a hotel near the port, though those always make me nervous! You can get such a good deal, though. If I pull the trigger I will let everyone know what we end up getting! I am going to splurge and get a limo to take us from the airport to our hotel, because I think the kids will love that, and then just take a cab to the port. I prefer to just be on our own time!

Welcome to all the new cruisers, we'll meet you on board, since we'll be driving in that morning from Bonita Springs Florida. (taking Disney transportation to port from airport where we drop our rental car,)

Welcome to all the new cruisers, we'll meet you on board, since we'll be driving in that morning from Bonita Springs Florida. (taking Disney transportation to port from airport where we drop our rental car,)
May I suggest you cancel the transfers to the port. It seemed most rental car companies at MIA offer a free shuttle from the airport car rental facility. We always rent from Alamo and this what we plan on.

Welcome to all the new cruisers! We are an enthusiastic group. Looking forward to this cruise and to meeting each other. :wizard:

May I suggest you cancel the transfers to the port. It seemed most rental car companies at MIA offer a free shuttle from the airport car rental facility. We always rent from Alamo and this what we plan on.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.

Hey guys :dance3:

Did you guys check and find your credits? We got about $30 per person back (it was just over $122 for the four of us) from DCL.

Re: OGT rates, I wrote it down last year's and the OGT rates were WAY better. On 2/2/14 the 5/2/14 WBPC had OGT rates of $5484 for four. When this year's WBPC was released we booked our 10C with OBB for $4908.72 (opening day prices without the OBB were $5353.92). When we booked it I was a bit concerned that the OGT rates would make me feel as if I overpaid. But I decided if they were about the same it'd mean that I paid $400 more for an inside that I chose, etc. I figured I could live with that. So I was shocked when this year's OGT rates were released and they were almost $1000 more than last year's!

I'm feeling as if I got an excellent deal. Well, I actually felt that way before. I'm totally excited for this trip.

Ok, ran and did a quick check. So our opening day fare for four in a 10C was (not including the OBB) $5353.92. Today that room is $6777.32. And the OGT rate is $6665.32. Holy smokes!

Last year's OGT was $5484 (on 2/2/14) and this year's is $6665.32 (on 1/24/15) :crazy2:

Hi we just booked this cruise. Traveling with husband 4 children and dad. We are from Canada and this is my second cruise, my husband and childrens 3rd. See you on the cruise.

Hey guys :dance3:

Did you guys check and find your credits? We got about $30 per person back (it was just over $122 for the four of us) from DCL.

This is for the drop in port fees, right? Do they still refund to the form of payment used for deposit? I received the email from DCL showing my refund due last Wednesday but I used so many forms of payment for this cruise. I keep checking the card I first used, but haven't seen it posted yet. Probably soon though.

Yes I think the early bookers got an EXCELLENT deal for a Disney Panama Canal cruise. Getting way excited. 96 days :cool1:

This is for the drop in port fees, right? Do they still refund to the form of payment used for deposit? I received the email from DCL showing my refund due last Wednesday but I used so many forms of payment for this cruise. I keep checking the card I first used, but haven't seen it posted yet. Probably soon though.

Yes I think the early bookers got an EXCELLENT deal for a Disney Panama Canal cruise. Getting way excited. 96 days :cool1:

My TA said it would be refunded to the card we last used to make a payment.

Hi we just booked this cruise. Traveling with husband 4 children and dad. We are from Canada and this is my second cruise, my husband and childrens 3rd. See you on the cruise.

:welcome: to the group - and the cruise :)

Is anyone staying in Miami for a few days before the cruise? We have 4 nights in an apartment on South Beach this time. Well a few blocks from the front/beach but a great position for walking all over. Previously we had 3 nights in a hotel so this will be so much better.

Is anyone staying in Miami for a few days before the cruise? We have 4 nights in an apartment on South Beach this time. Well a few blocks from the front/beach but a great position for walking all over. Previously we had 3 nights in a hotel so this will be so much better.

Sadly, we only have one night in Miami prior to the cruise but hoping to see some of Miami Beach area in the morning before we head to the port. Thee seems to be so much to see and do that I am wishing we had longer, however we wanted to have a couple of days in DL the other end of the cruise so had to compromise.

For us we will be up in Ft. Lauderdale the night before. I normally get a great rate at Hayatt House being a airline employee. So that's the plan.

Sadly, we only have one night in Miami prior to the cruise but hoping to see some of Miami Beach area in the morning before we head to the port. Thee seems to be so much to see and do that I am wishing we had longer, however we wanted to have a couple of days in DL the other end of the cruise so had to compromise.
You are making a great choice here. The 60th stuff should be into soft openings the day we get off the ship in San Diego and it should be the first night of the new firework show. I know a few things about it but that I can't say at all in a public forum. Tune into the net Wednesday night/ Thursday morning to find out. The celebration is going to be big, not as big of the 50th but big. Also a much awaited addition should be premiering on 5/15 to the Haunted Mansion.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter