Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense, and I agree. I feel like they’re actively trying to discourage the “once in a lifetime” trips by making them almost impossible. AP’s and locals will roll with these changes - the family who’s been saving for 2 years to go for the first time will likely not want to go with the parks like this.
So if that’s what they are doing, trying to discourage people from coming I sincerely hope they offer full refunds for park tickets for anyone not onboard with the free for all they seem to be inviting

It would be a PR nightmare to start canceling reservations for those who have trips planned they can control park attendance with the res system and state that resort guest are not automatically guaranteed admission. They may also offer a steep come back later discount for 2021

I just don't understand cancelling all the DDPs. I understand cancellation of ADRs and FPs because with ADRs they probably have some restaurants that were booked to 100% capacity at certain times and obviously can't accommodate that, and with FPs I'm sure some rides were booked over the capacity they're shooting for. But the thing is, everyone is still going to have to eat, right? So why cancel the dining plans? Let everyone know that some restaurants may not be open, some hours may be limited, whatever- but cancelling the dining plan is like saying we won't have enough restaurants for everyone to have a place to eat. If I'm there with my family, we will all be eating at least two meals a day- what's included in the regular and QS dining plans- so cancelling them makes no sense. All it really means is that instead of having those meals paid for by the free dining offer, now I have to pay for them out of pocket. So, I see no other reason for this cut than a money grab. I think they included paid dining plans in the cancellations just to save face. Can anyone offer a good explanation to removing the dining plan option- paid or unpaid? Maybe I'm just not seeing it. But if people are going to be eating meals anyway, what's the difference if it's a meal as part of a dining plan or a meal that's not? Also, for those who have said that 35% off discount on room could be better than free dining, that's definitely not the case for a family of 4 adults staying at Pop. They'd have to give us the room for free for it to be a better discount than free dining. We haven't and probably never will stay at a deluxe where the 35% off could be enough to make up the difference.

I can only see that happening if there's no room to move them, otherwise no. And if that happens those people better be offered a discount for future booking or at least same price as they are booked now. Or not. who knows with Disney.
Good! I hope you are right.

I just don't understand cancelling all the DDPs. I understand cancellation of ADRs and FPs because with ADRs they probably have some restaurants that were booked to 100% capacity at certain times and obviously can't accommodate that, and with FPs I'm sure some rides were booked over the capacity they're shooting for. But the thing is, everyone is still going to have to eat, right? So why cancel the dining plans? Let everyone know that some restaurants may not be open, some hours may be limited, whatever- but cancelling the dining plan is like saying we won't have enough restaurants for everyone to have a place to eat. If I'm there with my family, we will all be eating at least two meals a day- what's included in the regular and QS dining plans- so cancelling them makes no sense. All it really means is that instead of having those meals paid for by the free dining offer, now I have to pay for them out of pocket. So, I see no other reason for this cut than a money grab. I think they included paid dining plans in the cancellations just to save face. Can anyone offer a good explanation to removing the dining plan option- paid or unpaid? Maybe I'm just not seeing it. But if people are going to be eating meals anyway, what's the difference if it's a meal as part of a dining plan or a meal that's not? Also, for those who have said that 35% off discount on room could be better than free dining, that's definitely not the case for a family of 4 adults staying at Pop. They'd have to give us the room for free for it to be a better discount than free dining. We haven't and probably never will stay at a deluxe where the 35% off could be enough to make up the difference.

The DDP cancellations to me says we are not confident in our ability to provide guests with the value they want for the DDP, and we don’t want to deal with a bunch of angry people who have paid DDP prices for a quick service and a heavily modified table service when what they really wanted was to use their credit for was an expensive character meal.

Yeah there will be food and restaurants. Who knows what access and selection really looks like.

They may be planning a large increase in food costs (even more than already happened in the shut down).
They may be planning to not offer all parts of the included meal - for example, they may not have kids meals, they may not have desserts at TS, etc.
They may not have space to accommodate all those who already had the free plans, nor did they have any desire to handle the customer service to appease them with new places one by one.
They didn't want to handle the customer service of people who would have the plans but couldn't eat in the park they were going to with the credits they had.

If I remember correctly it was announced yesterday. You can now use Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and Giftcards for mobile order
Yeah, now I see that information in some news stories about mobile ordering. That's great news! I loved mobile order during our last trip, but the abundance of gift cards I had made it so we often had to wait in line.

I don't think anything has been formally said. My guess is Rivers of Light and Fantasmic are definitely out. The crowds to get in/out would be hard to manage.

This seems so much simpler than the complete overhaul that Disney is doing.

And this is the thing. Everyone (including myself) was very focused on what they were going to do when they reopened. But, overhauling their entire system suggests this is not a temporary change for 2020. It appears this will have an impact on Disney for months to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter