Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people (not you just the person that took the pics and many others) are just very eager to "find offenders and judge" I don't know. Let them enjoy their drinks, there was no one close to them other than their group
Is it about random judgment or is it about needing to know whether or not Disney Springs is making serious attempts to promote public health? Or in my case, a lot of stress over seeing high risk people in a high risk environment. I agree that random pictures are not enough to make any conclusions but anyone watching the live streams tonight could see lots of people just walking around thwarting Disney rules. I don't get any joy out of judging them. I want them to follow the rules.

I think a lot of people (not you just the person that took the pics and many others) are just very eager to "find offenders and judge" I don't know. Let them enjoy their drinks, there was no one close to them other than their group

Yep.

If that’s the best pictures the person who posted the tweet could manage, that really doesn’t give the impression people gave up on masks by the evening like he’s implying.

But super fun that the Twitter paparazzi are apparently going to be keeping their eyes peeled for “offenders”. That will end well I’m sure.

@yulilin3 - any other schedule updates this week that you have seen / heard?

hope DS was great!
Unfortunately no.

Yep.

If that’s the best pictures the person who posted the tweet could manage, that really doesn’t give the impression people gave up on masks by the evening like he’s implying.

But super fun that the Twitter paparazzi are apparently going to be keeping their eyes peeled for “offenders”. That will end well I’m sure.
It's all for click, now the family having a cookout by Raglan rd, that's another level of whaaaaat? :D

Is it about random judgment or is it about needing to know whether or not Disney Springs is making serious attempts to promote public health? Or in my case, a lot of stress over seeing high risk people in a high risk environment. I agree that random pictures are not enough to make any conclusions but anyone watching the live streams tonight could see lots of people just walking around thwarting Disney rules. I don't get any joy out of judging them. I want them to follow the rules.
You do know that the cm have the option of not working and staying furloughed if they're not comfortable working right? Anyone working is choosing to work they're not forced

Unfortunately no.

It's all for click, now the family having a cookout by Raglan rd, that's another level of whaaaaat? :D

So after reading more explanations on Twitter and seeing a couple of other photos, it appears the family is orthodox and were preparing a kosher meal. Doesn’t change that it’s an odd sight and the rolling suitcase and the open-flame grill are prohibited (I’m assuming the grill is 😂 I can honestly say I’ve never paid attention because that’s never crossed my mind to have at Disney) but there’s a valid “why” at least.

Why are you personally stressed over a stranger you deem to be high risk being at DS? It doesn’t affect you in any way. They aren’t more likely to be infected and put you at risk.
I was redeployed from my actual job in cardiology into a COVID ICU as a hospitalist for months. It has not been fun watching this virus play out. So it directly affects me, even if I didn't actually care about the health of the public (which I do, having a background in public health research as well). But let's say I wasn't in medicine, it would stress me out because more deaths means more closures again and more economy impacted.

I was redeployed from my actual job in cardiology into a COVID ICU as a hospitalist for months. It has not been fun watching this virus play out. So it directly affects me, even if I didn't actually care about the health of the public (which I do, having a background in public health research as well). But let's say I wasn't in medicine, it would stress me out because more deaths means more closures again and more economy impacted.
I hear ya. I have worked in a grocery store this whole time. I worry every day about bringing this home to my 6 month old. To see so many every where that just don't care saddens me. All I ask is Disney strictly enforces the mask rule. If that requires to constantly remind people so be it.

So after reading more explanations on Twitter and seeing a couple of other photos, it appears the family is orthodox and were preparing a kosher meal. Doesn’t change that it’s an odd sight and the rolling suitcase and the open-flame grill are prohibited (I’m assuming the grill is 😂 I can honestly say I’ve never paid attention because that’s never crossed my mind to have at Disney) but there’s a valid “why” at least.
It's the open flame that's the problem. That's why when they bring a celebratory cake or cupcake the waiter lights it for you and waits until you blow it off. It's a fire hazard

Hey everyone, I just got home from DS. If you care, here's my observations.

1. Masks are NBD at first but IMO they got old. Carrying my son on my shoulders sucked with a mask. Other times I could deal with it.

2. People don't care about social distancing. So many people just walked right by us, or next to us. Not everyone, but if you're really worried about social distancing, I'd say it's 60/40 care to don't care

3. Temperature checks were NBD and not orwellian or anything, took like 10 seconds.

4. Even with Disney stores open, it would be hard to spend the whole day there. It's only going to be locals until parks open, I guess big time hardcore's will drive just for DS, but we're not in a hurry to get back.

Random thoughts: my son, who turned 3 today wore a mask for most of the day, but he got totally sick of it and had to take it off. We saw older kids not wearing them either and Disney staff didn't seem to care about kids not wearing masks. We did have one guest who tried to scold us for not washing hands after trying the Archimedes screw (it was detached 😢) before seeing we had our own hand sanitizer. I was polite and tactful, "bless her heart" Florida style. I thought I'd be there with bells on when the park opens, I still will, but man with masks it's going to be tough. Just my opinion and observation, hope it helps.

Looks like Universal may be the first Orlando park to reopen. They didn't furlough their full time employees (just reduced pay to 80%) so there's less hurdles to reopening.

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...-presenting-reopening-proposals-to-task-force
That’s not what it says. This news came out much earlier today. It’s just that they’re the first, and possibly only, park presenting tomorrow at the meeting. WDW and SeaWorld are also giving their plans over as well, just not presenting.

This was shared (and debated) a couple/few pages ago, and is what basically led to the necessity for your comment to not discuss trying to circumvent the rules.
And that is the first day, can't imagine it being any better as time goes by, same with the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter