Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone mentioned yesterday that the restaurants in Disney Springs have been pulled off the Disney site for June where they were available before. I can’t see any openings on opentable either, but can not imagine they aren’t going to open even their restaurants. Sounds a little crazy especially given the rumors Central Fl is moving into Phase 2 soon.

There has to be something else going on. Maybe they can’t come to an agreement with a union or don’t have the staff? It’s 3 weeks away. I was thinking I’d book an available resort and just pool and Disney springs a budget type trip.
I posted the Blog Mickey post saying that yesterday. I tend to agree that there must be something else happening. Though part of the story said people with June restaurant reservations were being contacted and canceled. Maybe the current reservations put those restaurants over capacity and they need to bring that down? Most recent reservations go first?

Is the consensus that June is not happening? I have a dvc stay in the middle of June (rented points) and I'm debating on kicking my vacation to next June or trying for November. It will be the first trip for my kids and we would want all four parks open. If only we had a crystal ball.

I think they will move to having a CM serve the food for you. But they will most likely have hand sanitizer at the entrance to the restaurant, that's how all locations at citywalk were set up yesterday

Yeah - buffets are tough to have a server for each hot food item to serve. Would take forever to go through a buffet line without ending up with something getting cold. Tough to social distance too. I have a feeling buffets won't be available for a long while and everything will be off the menu.

(Been a week or so since the buffet talk, and I could use a change of pace.)

Is the consensus that June is not happening? I have a dvc stay in the middle of June (rented points) and I'm debating on kicking my vacation to next June or trying for November. It will be the first trip for my kids and we would want all four parks open. If only we had a crystal ball.
No one knows, imo it doesn't seem likely. I'd wait and let Disney cancel just in case they offer an incentive to book later.

I'm about 99% sure I'm going to cancel my June 20th trip. Not debating masks BUT for me personally having to wear one in the heat is a hard no and I think it's pretty clear they will be required in June IF Disney even opens. We have other vacation stuff we can do for fun here closer to home that I've put off booking cause I've been waiting to see what was happening with Disney and I think I'm ready to pull the plug on Disney and move ahead with other plans that have a much better chance of actually happening and with a lot less stress and hassle.

I am, however, going to hold off on actually cancelling since I was a rebook from March with a free dining plan and I'm still hopeful that Disney live up to their name and let people rebook that.

On a factual note- my mom's friend who had been told by the phone CM that they were opening May 16th lol has just emailed me to tell me her dining reservations have been cancelled but not her resort yet. She was June 1st to 6th.

It doesn’t look good. While I think there’s a possibility of a soft opening near the end of June, smart money is on early July. I have said July 1st in the past but I think July 6th/7th is a good bet, after the holiday weekend.

I thi
I'm about 99% sure I'm going to cancel my June 20th trip. Not debating masks BUT for me personally having to wear one in the heat is a hard no and I think it's pretty clear they will be required in June IF Disney even opens. We have other vacation stuff we can do for fun here closer to home that I've put off booking cause I've been waiting to see what was happening with Disney and I think I'm ready to pull the plug on Disney and move ahead with other plans that have a much better chance of actually happening and with a lot less stress and hassle.

I am, however, going to hold off on actually cancelling since I was a rebook from March with a free dining plan and I'm still hopeful that Disney live up to their name and let people rebook that.

On a factual note- my mom's friend who had been told by the phone CM that they were opening May 16th lol has just emailed me to tell me her dining reservations have been cancelled but not her resort yet. She was June 1st to 6th.

I’m not cancelling mine either and part of it is the current week affected. Just going to see what happens.

There is no consensus.

DVC isn’t cancelling until 5-7 days before check in, so there is wondering if DVC will open even if parks don’t.

For any first/super special trips, I would wait until things get a little more "normal". Next year might be better in your case.

Does anyone think Disney will make an announcement today or sometime this weekend after DeSantis speaks today?

Yeah - buffets are tough to have a server for each hot food item to serve. Would take forever to go through a buffet line without ending up with something getting cold. Tough to social distance too. I have a feeling buffets won't be available for a long while and everything will be off the menu.

(Been a week or so since the buffet talk, and I could use a change of pace.)
Changing it to cafeteria style won't be difficult at all. Our local Incredible Pizza (worst pizza on earth) has done it this way. You don't need a server for every item. For right now, crowds should be light so even with distancing, the slow down shouldn't be too bad. They can cut down on the huge selections too and still have a decent selection.

I honestly don’t think Disney needs to fog each skyline between guests. Give everyone a squirt of hand sanitize plus their masks (although I’m sure everyone will take off their masks once the door close) and that should be sufficient. Maybe wiping down the door edges between parties. Heck if they give me Clorox wipes I’ll wipe the thing down while riding it hahahahaha

Of course I am vested in the skyline running because Im staying at Pop.
They are sanitizing outdoor ride cars after each passenger at Shanghai, sanitizing after each passenger is part of those initial Orange County guidelines and sanitation and disinfecting are part of the Stage 2 rules for the state of Florida. I don't see how Disney can treat Skyliner differently than say the Mad Tea Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter