Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
May date is still there. Both June dates still have FP+ as well.

Is this a Cash reservation or DVC? you still have a May reservation? I thought they cancelled all of May for cash rooms. I know DVC still is listed but they aren't cancelling DVC until like 5 days out.

Is this a Cash reservation or DVC? you still have a May reservation? I thought they cancelled all of May for cash rooms. I know DVC still is listed but they aren't cancelling DVC until like 5 days out.
They have canceled all of May, but I think it's not disappearing from MDE until about 7 days before the reservation. Just because it's still showing in MDE doesn't really mean anything.

All reservations are cash room only. The e-mail this morning said "your upcoming travel dates" are cancelled, but not specific on dates. I'm not sure if they mean just my May 22 ressie (still in MDE) or my June 5 ressie (still in MDE with Fast Pass)

Vacation booked for 4 adults: June 1-10.
Gran Destino Tower, water view room, 6 day Park Hopper Ticket, dining recovery offer.
Booked directly through Disney.

Opinion: I think the whole month of June is a wash for anyone with a resort/ticket package. Disney can't currently support people booking vacations who are definitely going to want to get their money's worth (table service, all parks open, shows, etc). Still, I am really disappointed in how Disney handled this. Shouldn't have given that recovery offer and allowed June bookings.

we were booked with the free dining recovery offer 6/1-6/6. A few weeks ago I changed it to 6/29-7/4 and was able to keep the offer. When I tried to modify that reservation to 7/1-7/7 I was unable to make any changes without losing the recovery free dining offer. I’d like to go on our trip whenever they open, but at this point if I lose the free dining, I’m not sure that I’ll go until 2021. We have 3 teens so for our family of 5 Disney adults who like to eat a nice TS each day, it is a good deal.

Most do want to reopen the economy but getting a haircut is far from opening a theme park.

That is exactly correct. If just one or two asymptomatic carriers enter the park and sicken several hundred or thousand, we suddenly have a very serious situation very quickly . There's just far too high of a risk of that happening right now. While the temperature checks don't hurt, they're pretty far from a full-proof test (to put it mildly).

That is exactly correct. If just one or two asymptomatic carriers enter the park and sicken several hundred or thousand, we suddenly have a very serious situation very quickly . There's just far too high of a risk of that happening right now. While the temperature checks don't hurt, they're pretty far from a full-proof test (to put it mildly).

I follow a woman on Instagram who is an American living in Shanghai. She has to get her temp checked to return to work after lunch. The other day her temp was too high because she had been walking, so she had to go cool down before returning. Temp checks prove nothing, unfortunately.

I was thinking this yesterday after the talk of UO TM's being called back and a rumored 6/1 opening for them. If Universal opens 6/1, I cannot see Disney waiting much past 6/8 to open.
I spoke to Universal this morning and they did extend my annual pass 3 months, which was supposed to be extended by the number of days they were closed. If they closed mid-end of March, that would put reopening mid June at the earliest. I highly doubt 6/1.

I follow a woman on Instagram who is an American living in Shanghai. She has to get her temp checked to return to work after lunch. The other day her temp was too high because she had been walking, so she had to go cool down before returning. Temp checks prove nothing, unfortunately.
Except in this case, she wouldn't have been allowed back to work if her temperature didn't go down. That's kind of what's intended, right?

More effective than temperature checks and all the issues that come along with those is going to be the assumption that everyone is positive and measures taken because of that, like distancing, masks, sanitizing, washing, etc. So many asymptomatic cases makes it so.

The temperature checks will only really help with stopping people who are trying to get in when they know they are sick. I wouldn’t be mad if that stuck around forever in an unobtrusive way like in Shanghai to curb the flu spread in Disney.

I spoke to Universal this morning and they did extend my annual pass 3 months, which was supposed to be extended by the number of days they were closed. If they closed mid-end of March, that would put reopening mid June at the earliest. I highly doubt 6/1.

They already extended your pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter