Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been in an indoor line with these people for probably 30 minutes and sure there are social distancing markers but not everyone follow those. What will the cm be trained to do? Still yet to be seen. I like the idea of having someone outside telling people they will be seated with others

Part of me wonders if they could split the line at one point - folks ok sharing (or with parties that would take up an entire cockpit anyway) and one for folks that don't want to share, knowing their wait may be longer

But then another part of me says that if Disney does this then they look like they know this isn't really safer/making guests feel safe if they give this option

Part of me wonders if they could split the line at one point - folks ok sharing (or with parties that would take up an entire cockpit anyway) and one for folks that don't want to share, knowing their wait may be longer

But then another part of me says that if Disney does this then they look like they know this isn't really safer/making guests feel safe if they give this option
They could do that using the pre show room as the divider but you're right about it then being obvious it's not about safety
If you're a party of 1 or 2 you will now be put as engineer and if you ask to be pilot there really isn't any space for you to wait without others walking right past you. Again safety theater

They could do that using the pre show room as the divider but you're right about it then being obvious it's not about safety
If you're a party of 1 or 2 you will now be put as engineer and if you ask to be pilot there really isn't any space for you to wait without others walking right past you. Again safety theater

I mentioned before I am fully supportive of efforts like this where it makes sense and makes a significant different - this just seems like the wrong change to make

But again, a sign that if you are willing to go to a place like WDW now, you are accepting risks, accpeting that things aren't "completely safe" and, if you have some personal limitations you set, you might not be able to do everything available (e.g., I know some peoople won't do any indoor dining, even if offered)

Does anyone know what time Epcot is "opening" these days? A friend of mine who works in Future World mentioned they were opening as early as 45 minutes before posted "park open" some days. Has that been anyone's experience?

Does anyone know what time Epcot is "opening" these days? A friend of mine who works in Future World mentioned they were opening as early as 45 minutes before posted "park open" some days. Has that been anyone's experience?
All of the parks seem to open at least 30 minutes if not more before posted opening.

I think it'll be better safety theater to have everyone use hand sanitizer right before boarding. These are really useless

The only small thing I could think of is if you are in the front and another group is behind you ( so you can't see them) it makes ght make you worry a little less if they take their mask off or it comes loose or something

But even that is just a "feeling" not really actual safety

The only small thing I could think of is if you are in the front and another group is behind you ( so you can't see them) it makes ght make you worry a little less if they take their mask off or it comes loose or something

But even that is just a "feeling" not really actual safety
Exactly and at Falcon they can't just stop the ride if they see someone without the mask on cause it messes up the entire turntable.
Ive witnessed them stopping dumbo ands tea cups when after 2 attempts to tell people to put they're masks on they don't listen

Over Thanksgiving, we entered the parking lot around 1 hour prior to opening and were on TT about 45 min prior.

I wonder how CM's will handle it when a party tells them they don;t feel safe having another party ride with them. Will they force the issue? or let them ride alone. I have a feeling a lot of people will make this request. I know we will.

We have asked to have space between us and other people on Livin with the Land, Rise of the Resistance, and the Safari and were cheerfully accommodated. Well, Rise wasn’t cheerful due to staying in character but we were accommodated without a fuss. Omnimovers we didn’t realize distancing was eliminated til it was too late. Nemo, there were empty cars everywhere, we skipped a car and assumed the party behind us would too but they didn’t; clearly from now on we’ll have to advocate for our safety on omnimovers, if we even go back before our passes expire. Safari and Land they place you at the very front or very back and leave the next row empty.

We still don't know anything about Boardwalk reopening, right? I scanned some threads, but want to make sure.

Beach Club just opened it's booking window a week or so ago from May 31st. Only two Deluxes left without dates (AKL and Boardwalk). Since both DVC's are already up, I'd expect them to be back in the mix well before the 50th.

Beach Club just opened it's booking window a week or so ago from May 31st. Only two Deluxes left without dates (AKL and Boardwalk). Since both DVC's are already up, I'd expect them to be back in the mix well before the 50th.

And WL is opening in June. I see AKL being the last to reopen. But don’t forget there are still 2 All Stars and both Port Orleans still closed as well. And since they‘re not even selling out the few resorts that are open now for Christmas week, I don’t see them rushing these last remaining closed resorts back open.

The plexiglass on MFSR is just going to create a mess. Poor CMs, I see a lot of guest tantrums in their future. All of this makes me really glad I went in July & August when crowds were low and the plexiglass was not really an issue (though I do really miss the nice breeze on Kilimanjaro Safari). We are set to go again in February and it is going to be such a different experience. We are skipping HS entirely this time because it doesn't seem worth it to wait for the headliners with plexiglass when we were able to do them without a few months prior.

At least we can get yummy cookies this time...
One Fish, Two Fish in IOA is a much better ride than CoA.
I don't think you have any idea of just how wrong you are, and that is alarming.

#COAforever
why would they put plexiglass on people mover? THey only put one party per car. They don't have it on Buzz and those cars are just as close.
Ok - nobody give them ideas about Buzz.

I love buzz. Have to ride at least 5x per trip. I will be so sad if it gets ruined by the plexiglass!!

Also I have no idea if the plexiglass would make the guns not work, so there is that issue. Those things are tricky to aim as it is.

For MFSR when you reach the holding room (chess table room) you're asked by cm if you're ok being engineers (if you're a group of 2) you're spaced in that room with the rest of the crew (up to 4). If you're uncomfortable riding with someone else you can request to ride alone and cm will accommodate you. You'll wait maybe a minute more to load.
The accessible pods are the only ones that don't have the plexiglass and will remain 1 party at a time.
The main complaint so far has been taking a good picture of the cockpit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter