Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what made them choose BB over Typhoon. Is there more capacity limits at BB?

Blizzard Beach is bigger than Typhoon Lagoon, right? I haven’t been to TL in a little while so I can’t recall. But Blizzard Beach always *feels* more spacious to me I guess. My guess is it comfortably absorbs more people.

Blizzard Beach is bigger than Typhoon Lagoon, right? I haven’t been to TL in a little while so I can’t recall. But Blizzard Beach always *feels* more spacious to me I guess. My guess is it comfortably absorbs more people.

I believe so. But I think(?) Typhoon Lagoon has more slides, so that would spread guests out. I don’t know what the criteria was when they made the decision, maybe the capacity and space had no barring on the decision.

Could the water park decision be based solely on Miss Adventure Falls? The grouping of families on that raft would be pretty uncomfortable right now, though honestly I’m not sure what the minimum weight is for the ride.
Which one has better attendance during normal operations?

Indy Law, I’m glad I’m not the only Hoosier who’s been here 4 times since reopening 😂. It’s definitely the busiest it’s been, but my kids have been having a blast. We found Magic Kingdom somewhat un-enjoyable yesterday, but absolutely loved our day at Hollywood studios and were able to get through everything but tower of terror (mom was not willing to stand in line for 100+ minutes 😬), plus a meal at Hollywood & Vine.

I work downtown often in non-pandemic times in finance.... and learned today that apparently the background Christmas music at Hollywood studios is louder than I thought when on the phone with AirPods on. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I was so worried that our Christmas trip wasn't going to be that great after everything I have been reading and our last few trips. We were here in July when it was practically empty but so hot that the facemasks were practically melting. Then we were here in October and November and so happy just to see the Halloween and Christmas stuff that we didn't mind if it was busier. How could this trip be better than those???

It definitely has been magical! I don't know if we are just getting lucky or what. We saw the Electrical Water Pageant the very first night because it was coming through as we were waiting for our boat to Wilderness Lodge. We got Columbia Harbor House food (our favorite) at Tomorrowland Terrace. This morning we walked into EPCOT to find the new entrance fountain unveiled. Lines are moving faster because of the plexiglass. I don't LOVE the look of it, but I can't say it has ruined any rides, even when we have been in the back row. And we have ridden almost every single ride in every park each day--plus had lunch and dinner. We've never waited more than 20 minutes for a boat or bus, and almost half of the time we have had a bus to ourselves.

The only place I truly didn't like at all was Galaxy's Edge. It was WAY too crowded--to the point that we ended up leaving right after we rode ROTR. It just wasn't worth it to us.

This is our 4th trip since June and it seems like every time we are here, there are either old things coming back or new things starting. We've seen Santa in two different parks, eaten so many different things in EPCOT, and worn ourselves out every day. I know it isn't "normal" Disney but it's still magical to us.

The wave pool was what I was thinking might have driven the decision as will they even have the wave pool open? Really limit number of people in it at a time? Etc

The wave pool at TL is a big part (and draw) of that park

Didnt even think about that. I never get bumped into more anywhere more than a wave pool in any water park. Most of the time it’s not at the fault of the person who bumps into me either.

Something I’ve also wondered, and it could be a very weird question to ask. What’s the CPR protocol by lifeguards in these times?

Something I’ve also wondered, and it could be a very weird question to ask. What’s the CPR protocol by lifeguards in these times?

Bag valve masks are the safest things for lifeguards to use right now - but you need 2 people to do it - one to properly hold the mask and the other to do the compressions. No mouth to mouth needed for that.

There are also CPR masks with one way valves for mouth to mouth to protect the lifeguard that have been used for years, but I don’t know if they are ok to use because then the lifeguard could infect the other person with covid.

So probably one of the manual options like a bag valve mask in lieu of mouth to mouth.

And there it is.
Needless to say CM are not happy about this either. It's pointless and hard to load especially when people ask to easily for pilot
I wonder how CM's will handle it when a party tells them they don;t feel safe having another party ride with them. Will they force the issue? or let them ride alone. I have a feeling a lot of people will make this request. I know we will.

I wonder how CM's will handle it when a party tells them they don;t feel safe having another party ride with them. Will they force the issue? or let them ride alone. I have a feeling a lot of people will make this request. I know we will.

I’d feel the same, the falcon is a pretty small space with no movement to put people in. Rides that are steadily moving (like Everest or Slinky) wouldn’t bother me as much being closer to folks but inside the falcon? Nah, that’s a bit much. Star Tours gave me a similar vibe though to be honest but at least that space is bigger. Those plexiglass booster seats were... a nice try haha.

They've been in an indoor line with these people for probably 30 minutes and sure there are social distancing markers but not everyone follow those. What will the cm be trained to do? Still yet to be seen. I like the idea of having someone outside telling people they will be seated with others

I remember reading here recently that characters were going to randomly pop up at resorts. Anyone know if this has been happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter