Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of info on park hoping
Along with what we already know
• Guests must have a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first park they want to visit.
• Guests must enter that first park before visiting another park.
• Guests may visit another park starting at 2 p.m.–park close.

This I believe is new news
Park-to-park bus transportation will be available each day shortly prior to the start of Park Hopper hours.
Cast Members will verify Guests have a ticket or pass with Park Hopper benefits before they board.
No epcot monorail Yet

I'm sure it does. It can't just be Josh doing that from time to time. Josh should be sending out his folks periodically as attendance hits closer to their targets to get a sense of the experience. It's a fine line wanting to gauge the guest experience without putting your corporate/salaried employees in harms way, so to speak.
I totally expect that from Josh. An old throwback to hands on customer focused Parks Manager that loves his job, the Parks and his people. That's what I hear. We need some of that to counter balance the bean counter.

I don’t think Disney is expecting too much hopping initially, especially the first 2 months or so as it will probably be a lower guest time. With a large portion of the guest population be local AP holders still, hopping isn’t a priority. And with the reduced park hours, people aren’t going to hop the way they used to. We would still hop when we go for our 2 night trips, but we use our own car and don’t use the busses or monorails.

It’s also a much longer trip in that confined monorail car going from TTC to EPCOT and people most likely wouldn’t want to share a car with another party so the capacity would be pretty low.

We have 9 day hoppers and will probably only use them for Epcot at least 3 times, Walking over from BCV. I'd like to use them more but it's hard to work in with short park hours. I doubt many ppl will hop to AK w/5pm closing during the week.

The crazy thing is we'll use for food at EP, lol. It's like a $30 surcharge for the privilege to spend money on food per person each night.
In the big picture tho it affords us more time in the other parks. Yummm, kool-aid :) We only have 1 ropedrop planned for EP, 3 at MK, 3 at HS and 2 at AK. The 3rd HS is our last day... may change our reservation or hop.

From what others have said in the past, actual Christmas morning can be pretty empty in then parks even in normal year, but will build during the day.

Have a great day everyone there!

This is my third year in a row to be at Animal Kingdom on Christmas Day. Now that I think about it I have been at a Disney park the last five Christmas days. The other days were MK and Paris.

At AK in Xmas day it has never been this dead. You still had the rope drop crush that put FoP to 2hrs+ at park opening. This morning everything but Navi River journey has been walk-on all morning. Which for some of the rides is typical but not FoP. The only time I’ve ever been able to do FoP back to back to back in less than a hour would be during AK After Hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter