Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
After everything, we finally made the decision yesterday to cancel next week’s trip :sad: Super sad but it’s what we were most comfortable with at this point. Looks like we’re aiming for a Christmastime-during-the-50th trip now. Let the 2021 planning begin!

After everything, we finally made the decision yesterday to cancel next week’s trip :sad: Super sad but it’s what we were most comfortable with at this point. Looks like we’re aiming for a Christmastime-during-the-50th trip now. Let the 2021 planning begin!
We just did the same. We were going 12/7-12/9 and just decided to cancel. We also cancelled our Poly night on NYE.

First big name cruise line (Royal Caribbean) is doing a test sailing out of Singapore today on Quantum of the Seas, here's a bunch of pictures from it: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=CitystateCruises&set=a.2837186956510689 I suspect this is how it'll look stateside too whenever it starts back up.

Everyone is required to wear one of these tracelet bands when outside their rooms on the ship for contact tracing:

Attachments

• 1606593291635.png
    1606593291635.png
    781.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Nobody here has a clue. Just opinions. So here's mine... :).... I personally think that there won't be a requirement. I think that it will be along the line of things return to normal pre covid with no restrictions and its a personal choice at that point. Honestly most of the trips I have taken to Disney, I seem to come home with something so its not like its ever been a sterile environment. Especially with my grandkids licking the grab rail on the monorail.
My youngest is a "touch every surface" kid. We've always come home with some sort of cold-ish yuck every other visit - except the one this summer. We were VERY careful. We had three little kids on that trip, and they were pretty much dipped in sanitizer daily. :)

Last edited:
Highly doubt they require proof of vaccine. The logistics would be a nightmare.

P.S. I have airline credits that expire before I might be able to use them. I mean it sucks to lose the money, but no one is holding a gun to my head over it.
I know what you mean, but I was raised with a "clean your plate" and wash out ziploc bags mentality; so it would feel excrutiatingly naughty to "waste" those credits. If Disney would require proof of vaccine, then we would likely fly to Orlando and do another park that didn't, or relax at the beach or somewhere quiet. We really need the time away to de-compress and create memories. Disney has always been our "happy place", so I really hope it can be again.

No. A vaccine requirement by Disney for kids in the US is not happening anytime even kinda soon. One company just started to test down to age 12. 1 company. And only down to 12. Gonna be awhile before any data on if kids can have this shot is out so there is no way in heck I expect Disney to demand it for entry in 2021.
That's what I was HOPING? Our experience in July the first week the parks re-opened with masks on three younger kids; a teenager, and three adults (one with asthma) wasn't always pleasant; but we did it. It did force us to slow down a little (lots of water breaks) and it was worth it for us to be there. We missed Festival of the Lion King and Happily Ever After the most!

I think everyone here is guessing and personally I really can't see Disney checking doctor's notes or whatever to confirm someone got a vaccine - at this point nothing is impossible but I really don't see them getting into medical matters like that.

Instead, to me it is more that once the vaccine is very readily available it allows them to ease back on the mask requirement as it shifts the line ability from Disney to the guest. "Oh, you got Covid at Disney but you chose not to get a vaccine?"

Obviously you have extenuating circumstances.

I think it would be more (and probably more for trips later in the year) if you would be comfortable taking your child that is unvaccinated to Disney if there is no longer a mask requirement
That's a great perspective. Our state didn't have a mask requirement until later than most, and both of my kids were pretty actively involved in sports and among people last spring and summer prior to that order. I continue to be grateful that none of us have contracted Covid, and we continue to REALLY focus on strengthening our overall health and immune systems. At least that makes me feel like we are setting some lifelong good habits - lemonade from lemons, if you will.

We did discover lots of ways too that we could be a little more distanced from the crowds. My bigger concern (maybe even than some folks unmasking) is crowd levels. It felt better to have some space.

Very much this. I know a lot of people who regularly get vaccinated, who are skeptical of this one. For many factors, not the least of which is it's not just a vaccine for a totally novel virus, but a completely brand new style of vaccine which has never been used before.

While I can see my son and husband getting vaccinated right away, my daughter and I won't, because we both have existing health issues that put us at higher risk of complications from the vaccine. But, once we have some time to see how it's going, how people are reacting, especially people with pre-existing conditions, and it's deemed safe, then by all means, sign us up!

I know there has been a lot of chatter in the mainstream world about vaccine certificates being required for international travel - like there already is for several places. And I absolutely expect that to be the case with Covid. But I don't see it being a requirement domestically, and definitely not at Disney.
Exactly. My daughter's doctor has recommended other vaccines; but strongly recommended against this one until further testing could be observed. My T1 had a very adverse reaction this summer to a routine vaccine (one that has been around for years); her blood sugar dropped over 150 point to a life-threatening level (under 40) in a matter of minutes. That alone scared me enough to be wary of a newer vaccine without rigourous testing on other T1 kids. Fortunately, she was able to handle the situation, but it was very scary.

It would also be much simpler for the Disney parks to require masks until the pandemic shows signs of being over...I can't imagine them having some guests masked, and others not masked, and having to check for vaccine documentation. The exception may be CMs, Disney may require them to be vaccinated, and then the CMs could be mask optional, if they make it widely known that ALL CMs have been vaccinated. But it would probably be easier to just have the CMs remain masked, also.
I know that everyone has different levels of what would make them comfortable. I am hoping that progress across multiple fronts might allow the return of some of our favorite shows (Lion King!), and maybe fireworks! Wishful thinking, I know.

We just did the same. We were going 12/7-12/9 and just decided to cancel. We also cancelled our Poly night on NYE.
Sorry you had to cancel your trips but I completely understand. I obsessed for weeks/months before cancelling our Sep 2020 trip and once I made the decision and made the call to Disney it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders! The planning quickly began for our Sep 2021 trip and it was fun to have something new to focus on. Still not sure the Sep 2021 trip will happen either but it's nice to have time to look at it from a distance rather than stressing about one that was right around the corner.

Happy planning!

Disney is not requiring proof of a negative test, why would they require proof of a vaccination? Never know though -- we are in unprecedented times.

First, let's see which vaccines get the green light and when and how long it takes for them to become widely available.

FDA is meeting to discuss Pfizer's vaccine on December 10. Could be authorized that day -- or could take weeks. And once authorized, will take months -- perhaps many many months -- before anyone who wants one can actually get it.

Will help once other vaccines begin to get authorization too though.

We just canceled today for our December 5-13 trip. We held onto it as long as we could, but this surge is just too much, we felt it would be irresponsible and needlessly put my dad at risk. Come on, vaccine!

Looks like lots of people cancelling the week we are going. Hope they cancel their ADR's because I only have two more to get but they are still saying full.
We're still going but I am hoping for lighter crowds than I've been seeing. We only have 1 ADR and it's for Olivia's so not a hot one. I do hope we can get some last minute ADR's if we decide we want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter