Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn't have to be this bad. Other parks like Dollywood still has entertainment going.

I agree. We were at Dollywood last week and it was wonderful and they don’t have the over the top mask rules. Loved being able to take pictures with them off. They have done so much this year and they fully reimagined the Santa visit which was adorable. They have a little less this year but as the year went on they brought back more and more.

Dollywood laid off 630 employees or over 20% of their employees during the pandemeic and most remaining took a 50% pay cut for quite some time. They are being brought back slowly. I have been to both parks and it is about the same as far as entertainment. Let just say mask wearing in the area is very lax as well.

Dollywoods Christmas brought back 3 indoor shows with performers not in masks, and a bunch of outdoor and fireworks on the weekend.

We were at MK this morning ~8:30 and Jingle Cruise, Carpets, and Pirates did not even let people into the actual queue until almost 9. I have no idea if that is the norm for Adventureland or not but I had assumed all rides started operating early...

We left by 10:30 and crowds seemed fine to me. Definitely MUCH less than Thanksgiving last year (we were there nearly the same hours).

Anyone who has stayed recently, have they brought back Resort Delivery for items bought in the park? Last I can find was during the original reopening that it wasn't available.
Was there just a few days ago & was told they’re still not doing that. They only can ship to home.

That has 0 to do with why disney doesnt have entertainment right now.

And continuously reaching into Bob Chapeks pockets from the comfort of your keyboard also isn’t going to bring entertainment back. You know what will? Time...And or an alternate timeline where Disney doesn’t shut down for 4 months.

Not to mention it kind of does have to do with Disney

Bring back Citizens of Hollywood - watch a crowd of 50 people gather to watch them perform - s-storm in the media

Bring back stage shows with 20 performers on the stage at the same time - multiple performers contract the virus - s-storm in the media

Bring back Hoop De Doo, an entirely indoor form of entertainment. Yeah, I’m sure that would go over real well

Dollywood could be a daily superspreader and you’d never know

But go on and keep fighting “the man”. Tell me how that works out for you. Long history of CEOs that love money in their bank accounts.

Across town at Universal, Comcast is setting out to ruin the theater industry for quick cash. But yeah, it’s only Chapek that cares about money.

Across the country there’s a certain someone that is at least partially to blame for some of these layoffs that told the state of California that his bonuses were paused, his salary was paused. Neither were paused, they kept flowing into his bank account. He told people to stay at home, refusing to get sectors back to work while he was schmoozing maskless at a dinner party, and then sent his friends out to Hawaii for an unnecessary conference. But yes, Chapek is the one and only devil

Last edited:
We were at MK this morning ~8:30 and Jingle Cruise, Carpets, and Pirates did not even let people into the actual queue until almost 9. I have no idea if that is the norm for Adventureland or not but I had assumed all rides started operating early...

We left by 10:30 and crowds seemed fine to me. Definitely MUCH less than Thanksgiving last year (we were there nearly the same hours).
We've gotten to MK before official open approx. 4 times since July and anytime we've tried to start in Adventureland (also at least once we walked down from Frontierland after riding Big Thunder early) before official park open, we were either told a ride wasn't open yet or would be a delayed opening and no one was let into the queues. I wonder if that is the norm?

A few weeks ago when we were in Fantasyland by 8:15, we did Peter Pan early - that started at 8:25 - after we walked to Haunted Mansion and was told it wasn't opening until 9. A CM directing people named a list of open rides, one was Pirates. But it wasn't open when we got there, it was still before 9 a.m. :)

Can't love this enough. My ultimate wish is to someday be able to visit Disney during the Christmas season. It would basically be the ultimate culmination of two of my loves: Christmas and Disney. Also, while I'm sure some may crucify me for this... I like the projections they're doing even better than the way they used to decorate with the white lights....

Last edited:
Thank you for these pictures. I've been wondering what people have been so concerned with in this area lately, and for a holiday this doesn't look concerning to me at all. I appreciate real pictures vs. perspective.
Timimg is everything though honestly. We tried to enter that area after we got off of Haunted Mansion yesterday at around 11am and you couldn't even get through it. Pan line was queued on one side multiple rows deep and Small World on the other with people trying to walk both ways down the middle. We just turned and headed somewhere else. Most areas of the park though were not crowded up like that and much easier to navigate, keeping your distance. We removed ourselves from situations where we felt uncomfortable and are having a wonderful time. We worried and waffled on coming for weeks before the trip but ultimately are so glad we came. Mask compliance has been outstanding and most people are trying hard to adhere to social distancing. I hadn't been keeping up here as well this week so the pyro at the castle was a nice surprise last night 😍.

And continuously reaching into Bob Chapeks pockets from the comfort of your keyboard also isn’t going to bring entertainment back. You know what will? Time...And or an alternate timeline where Disney doesn’t shut down for 4 months.

Not to mention it kind of does have to do with Disney

Bring back Citizens of Hollywood - watch a crowd of 50 people gather to watch them perform - s-storm in the media

Bring back stage shows with 20 performers on the stage at the same time - multiple performers contract the virus - s-storm in the media

Bring back Hoop De Doo, an entirely indoor form of entertainment. Yeah, I’m sure that would go over real well

Dollywood could be a daily superspreader and you’d never know

But go on and keep fighting “the man”. Tell me how that works out for you. Long history of CEOs that love money in their bank accounts.

Across town at Universal, Comcast is setting out to ruin the theater industry for quick cash. But yeah, it’s only Chapek that cares about money.

Across the country there’s a certain someone that is at least partially to blame for some of these layoffs that told the state of California that his bonuses were paused, his salary was paused. Neither were paused, they kept flowing into his bank account. He told people to stay at home, refusing to get sectors back to work while he was schmoozing maskless at a dinner party, and then sent his friends out to Hawaii for an unnecessary conference. But yes, Chapek is the one and only devil

Ok so every other place can do entertainment except for Disney which exists in a state where the governor doesnt even think the virus is real.

I suppose the water parks being closed were also about safety too.

Its not about $.

Timimg is everything though honestly. We tried to enter that area after we got off of Haunted Mansion yesterday at around 11am and you couldn't even get through it. Pan line was queued on one side multiple rows deep and Small World on the other with people trying to walk both ways down the middle. We just turned and headed somewhere else. Most areas of the park though were not crowded up like that and much easier to navigate, keeping your distance. We removed ourselves from situations where we felt uncomfortable and are having a wonderful time. We worried and waffled on coming for weeks before the trip but ultimately are so glad we came. Mask compliance has been outstanding and most people are trying hard to adhere to social distancing. I hadn't been keeping up here as well this week so the pyro at the castle was a nice surprise last night 😍.
Agreed! We were there mid morning yesterday and Monday, and it did NOT look like those photos! We enjoyed ourselves for a few hours and bailed around 11, which was fine for us.

Thank you for these pictures. I've been wondering what people have been so concerned with in this area lately, and for a holiday this doesn't look concerning to me at all. I appreciate real pictures vs. perspective.
Traditionally Thanksgiving day itself is the slowest day of Thanksgiving week in the parks isn’t it?

Anyone who has stayed recently, have they brought back Resort Delivery for items bought in the park? Last I can find was during the original reopening that it wasn't available.
As of last week they still had not. They will ship stuff at your cost to your home but that’s it.

Dollywoods Christmas brought back 3 indoor shows with performers not in masks, and a bunch of outdoor and fireworks on the weekend.
While I think Disney absolutely could do indoor shows safely, Dollywoods safety precautions are not as stringent as Disney. I live near Dollywood and lets just say the area as a whole is very lax about safety precautions. There is a good portion of people here who don’t believe COViD is real...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter