Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go so far as suggesting they might be a good idea every year during flu season. Not mandatory, but highly encouraged perhaps.

I also think it would be beneficial for us to all to continue to be used to wearing them so that next major outbreak of bird/swine flu etc there won't be so much resistance to wearing them.
I always get the flu vaccine, but usually get 2-3 virus/colds a year. I don't love wearing a mask, but honestly I have not been sick wearing one. I like the idea of mask wearing being accepted by those who choose it.

the problem is .. "people" see long queues as a sign of it being "crowded" (even though WE know the line is just artificially stretched long) .. which can be a negative look for Disney. This photo gets out there on social media and people start canceling their vacations because "Disney is too crowded!" -- one of their selling points right now is "there is less to do but it is way less crowded!!"

Like @TheMaxRebo said, they need to be able to absorb crowds more .. and just not sure how they do that with them having restaurants at lower capacity, with all the theater attractions closed, etc.

They do that by having smaller crowds because Disney is too crowded. Its not pictures, its whats actually occurring.

Just here to say, "I MISS NEMO!" I follow several Nemo CM on Instagram and they're all posting about cleaning out their dressing rooms at Theater in the Wild. :sad:

So sad. It was always the same wonderful actor playing Marlin every time we saw it. The people playing Nemo, Dory, and Bruce were nearly always the same. I was so familiar with actor playing Marlin that once I knew he had a cold 30 seconds in to this performance! Poor guy barely made it through the show without losing his voice- he was struggling to hold notes at the end. I wonder if they’ll even all come back when the show reopens? Wish I’d had a chance to meet some of them but I don’t know how one went about doing that. Broadway/local theaters you just wait by the door...

How do you find them on social media? I don’t know their names.

How do you find them on social media? I don’t know their names.

If you search #findingnemothemusical lots of them will pop out. Katie Whetsell was in The One Day at Disney book/show - she plays Dory. The other really public one is Billy Flanagan - Mr. Ray/Bruce. He’s worked for Disney for 38 years! He was Ken in the EPCOT Barbie show of the ‘80s! He’s biked all over Florida delivering “Flanigrams” during Covid.

How many people will cancel their vacation because masking is no longer required?
4. And they talked to every news and social media outlet out there. They also discovered Google will give you more than one email address if you ask nicely so they vote in all the super reliable Internet polls as their go to hobby.

Two major shows not returning either - buffalo bills wild west and motors action stunt show.
The stunt show was known for months wasn't it? Buffalo Bill last week, but I thought I had read the message about the stunt show a long time ago. Time is a funny thing these days ;-)

I was on the fence to book DLP for Christmas, that the best parts of Christmas (Mickey's Big Band, Christmas Parade) were cancelled already held me back. Saves me cancelling everything. I will probably wait till March to get back, as last weeks of February are holidays in France.

Hopefully DLP can use the time wisely to keep working on all the refurbishments, the opening of the Marvel Hotel etc.
Saw some pictures of the work on Route 66, so hopefully 2021 will be a great year :)

I always get the flu vaccine, but usually get 2-3 virus/colds a year. I don't love wearing a mask, but honestly I have not been sick wearing one. I like the idea of mask wearing being accepted by those who choose it.
The key is if the "choose" to wear a mask. Masks have always been allowed, but they just have not been commonly used. Once COVID appears to be contained and Disney removes the mask restrictions, it should be up to each individual if they feel the need to wear a mask.

Seriously! It was downright hot for several days of our trip! I would love those low temps! (This was our first trip where it never got cold or even cool. 😢)

I know right. We pick Nov for the cooler Temps and Christmas decorations. And it was down right hot and humid. Going in Feb again, have a funny feeling Feb will now be the fav time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter