Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't operating at full capacity, you can see them closing every weekend because they have reached the limited capacity. Also there are social distance markers in the entrance and before the temp checks and bag checks.

Yea we went yesterday (so not a weekend) to IOA until it rained around 2. Opened at 10. Hagrids was a big success. Our group got 4 return times over 2 hours for 6 of us. 2 didn't even try. So we rode 3 times with no wait at all. Walked right to the boarding.

Could have ridden the 4th but wanted to knock out J Park and Hulk. Those were 40 min and 25.

And yes Hagrids is amazing.

Man I am just super bummed about all this tonight. I'm even thinking of moving our next trip further out AGAIN.

I’m set for March but watching closely too. We may move the dates. I really don’t want to because we would be there for my sons 21st bday but if it’s like this it would be such a waste of money. But then I think about quality one on one time with my son and if I push it back he may not want to go later. So do I bite the bullet and just go.

I love how everyone keeps saying parades, drop the s, there's only one parade. I miss the good old days

Aw. 🙁

I bet there are a lot of regular guests who don’t even realize there was a time each park had a parade, and MK had its nighttime ones. A good example of why I don’t think cuts even permanent ones will be that big of a deal. People will forget, new people will fall in love with “new” Disney, and they will eventually bring in new things that us older regulars enjoy too.

I love how everyone keeps saying parades, drop the s, there's only one parade. I miss the good old days
Aw. 🙁

I bet there are a lot of regular guests who don’t even realize there was a time each park had a parade, and MK had its nighttime ones. A good example of why I don’t think cuts even permanent ones will be that big of a deal. People will forget, new people will fall in love with “new” Disney, and they will eventually bring in new things that us older regulars enjoy too.

Yeesh. Sorry. :confused3 We don't miss the "parade".

Last time we went there were 2 because we also had Boo To You. And yes I also remember the one in Epcot.

Last time we went there were 2 because we also had Boo To You. And yes I also remember the one in Epcot.

That’s kind of the point though. Hardcore Disney fans are all about nostalgia and don’t like change. We still mourn Horizons even though there’s got to be at least one person out there who likes Mission Space (right? Are you out there?). Casual fans or new fans have no idea for the most part and latch on to new aspects they like. And then there’s going to be people who just didn’t care for whatever the thing is and don’t miss it.

The Grand Floridian Orchestra, all the entertainment around the parks that we have lost, attractions that don’t ever come back (Peoplemover...?), even nighttime shows every night at each park, could all end up being a distant memory like Tapestry of Nations, Mickey’s Jammin Jungle Parade, and the DHS parades. And Im confident enough in Disney and their ability to separate all of us from our money that if that does happen and all those loses are permanent it would be fine. Except here we’ll be mourning for the next 30 years lol.

And sorry if you felt like you had to justify your memory of old parades, I didn’t even really notice it in your post TBH I was just responding to what Yulilin said.

I couldn't care less about parades anymore. I'm from New Orleans, so my idea of parades are really different lol. I think I saw FoF one time in the past 5 years. It was a great experience, but I could live without it.

I do care about fireworks very much. If they cut them permanently (which I don't think they will) then I would not go back as frequently as were before the pandemic. To me fireworks = Disney.

Aw. 🙁

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. New isn’t always bad. Galaxy’s edge is new. While I loved Osborne Lights, I’m not exactly heartbroken this land replaced that stunt show. Pandora is better than camp Minnie Mickey. Entertainment, parades etc can all be shuffled in and out. I’m sure a lot of entertainment will be brought back in a new form over the next decade, some of it the old regulars will hate, or have us yearn for what it replaced but eventually Chapek will be gone, our savior D’Amaro will take his place and bring in entertainment that will have us feeling like we’re at old Disney again

That’s kind of the point though. Hardcore Disney fans are all about nostalgia and don’t like change. We still mourn Horizons even though there’s got to be at least one person out there who likes Mission Space (right? Are you out there?). Casual fans or new fans have no idea for the most part and latch on to new aspects they like. And then there’s going to be people who just didn’t care for whatever the thing is and don’t miss it.

The Grand Floridian Orchestra, all the entertainment around the parks that we have lost, attractions that don’t ever come back (Peoplemover...?), even nighttime shows every night at each park, could all end up being a distant memory like Tapestry of Nations, Mickey’s Jammin Jungle Parade, and the DHS parades. And Im confident enough in Disney and their ability to separate all of us from our money that if that does happen and all those loses are permanent it would be fine. Except here we’ll be mourning for the next 30 years lol.

88F26ECD-7B54-4EBE-9C1E-996A23C31CD5.gif

Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. New isn’t always bad. Galaxy’s edge is new. While I loved Osborne Lights, I’m not exactly heartbroken this land replaced that stunt show. Pandora is better than camp Minnie Mickey. Entertainment, parades etc can all be shuffled in and out. I’m sure a lot of entertainment will be brought back in a new form over the next decade, some of it the old regulars will hate, or have us yearn for what it replaced but eventually Chapek will be gone, our savior D’Amaro will take his place and bring in entertainment that will have us feeling like we’re at old Disney again

I don’t think it’s always a bad thing either. Some replacements have been massive improvements. Lights Motors Action, who?

My point was that we have had so many discussions on how Disney is going to erode loyalty, permanently drive people away, etc. I don’t think that’s true, they are absolute masters at getting us to get us to open our wallets (with pleasure) and I don’t think they’re going to suddenly lose that ability because of Covid.

I couldn't care less about parades anymore. I'm from New Orleans, so my idea of parades are really different lol. I think I saw FoF one time in the past 5 years. It was a great experience, but I could live without it.

I do care about fireworks very much. If they cut them permanently (which I don't think they will) then I would not go back as frequently as were before the pandemic. To me fireworks = Disney.

Fireworks are coming back. They just filed another permit for Harmonious yesterday. It’s not if, it’s when. Fireworks is one of those things they’ll always take a loss on, unless they raise the price of the dessert party’s an absurd amount. But it’s the type of world class entertainment they know they need to set them apart from the competition

Fireworks are coming back. They just filed another permit for Harmonious yesterday. It’s not if, it’s when. Fireworks is one of those things they’ll always take a loss on, unless they raise the price of the dessert party’s an absurd amount. But it’s the type of world class entertainment they know they need to set them apart from the competition

I don’t feel sure about anything anymore. Oh great I’m still cynical today! :(

Eh I think anything is possible. If DAK never gets a nighttime show back, Epcot and DHS have theirs select nights a week, and MK’s reverts back to “normal”, for example,
I don’t think most are “never” coming back because of it.

I don’t think it’s always a bad thing either. Some replacements have been massive improvements. Lights Motors Action, who?

My point was that we have had so many discussions on how Disney is going to erode loyalty, permanently drive people away, etc. I don’t think that’s true, they are absolute masters at getting us to get us to open our wallets (with pleasure) and I don’t think they’re going to suddenly lose that ability because of Covid.

Exactly. Jaws, even with its flaws had a huge fanbase at Universal. Think a majority of those people hate Diagon Alley?

I’ll never truly believe that in my lifetime that Disney will become just another theme park. Even if they have their rough patches, I’ll see it as just that and know eventually they’ll always bring the charm back. Too many people are pessimistic about the course Disney is taking as if it’ll last forever. There will always be things down there that will have me planning my next trip to go back

right, but all those things you mention are what helped so many people fall in love with WDW in the first place and motivate us to keep going back and to bring our kids, etc. .... yes, the people that are new visitors now don't know what they miss but will they have that same passion for Disney that us veterans do - or will it feel like just another amusement park without those "extras"? ... so not an issue for the next 5-10 years, but what about long term?

and maybe Disney knows what they are doing and they realize the bulk of people coming dont' care about parades, etc. - that what will build nostalgia for 20 years from now is new attractions, new dining offerings, etc. ... and some of us will still be on Main Str pining for the days of Wishes and Horizons and Tapestry of Nations and yelling at people to "get off the grass!" - but Disney wont' care

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter