• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add I think a lot of people are in denial of things being changed at Disney parks and don't like change.

I believe the poster on what the CM said. I think what put me over the edge was the CM specifying no FP+ and using the term "digital registry" for ride selection instead of FP+. I can't imagine any CM just pulling that out of thin air.

I try to be a realist, but not a pessimist. Anyone with any sense of what's going on in the world is in total denial if they think WDW would just open back up the same as it was before. Just MK is the smartest move as it has the most rides and the most that can be considered outdoor rides.

I also didn't think any parks would be open until late July or beginning of August - so mid-June is really good news. In the end I'd rather end up being happily surprised rather than disappointed. There will be a LOT of disappointed folks.

I called the DVC member services. This is what the CM told me. LIke i said, I did not have my skype on for the entirety of the call, but I did turn it on so that I could go back and listen to what he said. I am not a Disney CM or corporate office for WDW. I personally took the information from the CM as true and canceled my entire Summer plans. Good news is he late banked my posts and used them for my end of September and December trips so that I did not have to borrow and got my OTU points refunded to my card. and if you are inferring that I am lying, then please DM me and I can send you the portion of the call that I did get on skype.

I’m no doubting you. But I do doubt them. Could be a bored CM guessing, or trying to be nice by repeating what he’s heard so you can plan accordingly. But I am fairly certain that he has not been told by anyone in authority at Disney what you described is what will happen.

Been wrong before, though. I would hesitate about anyone making changes based on this report. But it was very cool of you to share it.

Happens all the time in every company , especially one as large as Disney

I imagine Finn might get a call to the principals office though, via Zoom of course ;)
Never fully attribute to unlikelihood what can perhaps be explained by incompetence

I believe the poster on what the CM said. I think what put me over the edge was the CM specifying no FP+ and using the term "digital registry" for ride selection instead of FP+. I can't imagine any CM just pulling that out of thin air.

I try to be a realist, but not a pessimist. Anyone with any sense of what's going on in the world is in total denial if they think WDW would just open back up the same as it was before. Just MK is the smartest move as it has the most rides and the most that can be considered outdoor rides.

I also didn't think any parks would be open until late July or beginning of August - so mid-June is really good news. In the end I'd rather end up being happily surprised rather than disappointed. There will be a LOT of disappointed folks.
I have been in the boat of not expecting any parks to open at all this year especially with how they are cancelling a lot of festivals and fairs this year so far.

From my understanding of what the poster said, he said that June 15th is the date they are looking to (partially?) open up MK, but it could change to later. What she was said he was adamant about is that it won't be earlier than June 15th, which is a Monday.

I called the DVC member services. This is what the CM told me. LIke i said, I did not have my skype on for the entirety of the call, but I did turn it on so that I could go back and listen to what he said. I am not a Disney CM or corporate office for WDW. I personally took the information from the CM as true and canceled my entire Summer plans. Good news is he late banked my posts and used them for my end of September and December trips so that I did not have to borrow and got my OTU points refunded to my card. and if you are inferring that I am lying, then please DM me and I can send you the portion of the call that I did get on skype.

Thanks for sharing! So, it’s just Magic Kingdom Resorts? Or all? I’ve got this messy June 13-20 at AKL that I’m dying to change, but can’t until things are closed or a plan is released due to renting points, regrettably, through David’s.

I am on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information.

i am on hold so if you ask quickly then i may can get your question in to him.

this is fascinating. We have July 12-21st at the Poly. Magic kingdom area so this seems like good news.

I’m booked at Beach Club in July.
If they announce they are only opening MK area resorts though July should I scramble to
change resorts?
Or will they switch everyone even if it means a free upgrade?
There just won’t be space to accommodate all those people at the MK area resorts...
That will be a nightmare..

If they announce they are only opening MK area resorts though July should I scramble to
change resorts?
There just won’t be space to accommodate all those people at the MK area resorts...
I'm wouldn't be surprised if they cancel some of them.

change resorts?

that’s a good point. Not at all questioning the original poster who shared the news, but rather wondering myself- if spreading people out is the goal, wouldn’t it make more sense for more parks and more resorts?

change resorts?
My guess is that if just the MK is open a lot of people will cancel their reservations entirely so there won’t actually be all that many people to accommodate.

Keep inmind that these details today are phase one (federal guidelines) details, best case is that after the fourteen days needed to go to a phase 2 they can or be very close to being able to. By then we will be discussing (and disagreeing 😂) about a whole new list of how’s/what’s/when’s..

Stay tuned... 🤔

Keep inmind that these details today are phase one (federal guidelines) details, best case is that after the fourteen days needed to go to a phase 2 they can or be very close to being able to. By then we will be discussing (and disagreeing 😂) about a whole new list of how’s/what’s/when’s..

Stay tuned... 🤔

do you mean what was described might not stay that way for long, if that is what ends up happening?

I think I may snag a WL room for my July dates just in case.
I already have a DVC rental booked and room at Beach Club for the same dates and was going to cancel 1. What’s one more? Lol.

We would probably go if all parks but Epcot were open.
Water parks would be nice too and that shouldn’t be as much of an issue as theme parks.

If it’s literally only MK open we may cancel..
I just don’t know yet..

We had some plans out of Beach Club like the Pirate Adventure Cruise and Captain Hook Pirate Cruise. My son will be sad about those. But assume they won’t run if resort is closed.

do you mean what was described might not stay that way for long, if that is what ends up happening?

Just reminding that no matter what disney wants to do, they still have guidelines to be followed as well as the virus that got us here to be contended with.

I believe in disney’s ability to get this done in a safe and intelligent way - without a doubt. They are known innovators, proven track record 😊

The unknown is the virus itself and how it behaves once social distancing is relaxed. That will still be the biggest driving factor going forward.

Stay tuned... 🤔
I don't think that changes physical distancing. I it will be here for awhile.

Thanks for sharing! So, it’s just Magic Kingdom Resorts? Or all? I’ve got this messy June 13-20 at AKL that I’m dying to change, but can’t until things are closed or a plan is released due to renting points, regrettably, through David’s.
I am sorry to say that the CM said MK resorts. This is not set in stone and it is only the information he gave me. sorry again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter