Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to believe most of what she was told cause it lines up the rumored reopening plans that were posted @rteetz. There is going to be a lot of upset people when this happens. Encouraging booking for June 1st was a bad idea.
That’s fine, but people should get their “official“ information from Disney. Not a poster on a message board.

I happen to believe most of what she was told cause it lines up the rumored reopening plans that were posted @rteetz. There is going to be a lot of upset people when this happens. Encouraging booking for June 1st was a bad idea.

Even worse when you consider that the CM apparently said the June 15th date could change to later, but not sooner. Also wonder where Disney Springs stands in all of this.

That’s fine, but people should get their “official“ information from Disney. Not a poster on a message board.
Yes we should wait for official information from Disney. I will add I think a lot of people are in denial of things being changed at Disney parks and don't like change.

Yes we should wait for official information from Disney. I will add I think a lot of people are in denial of things being changed at Disney parks and don't like change.

Or have trips that will be impacted by the changes/limitations.

This sucks.
i have a trip at the end of June. I was always open to moving it, but it's a free dining trip. If they reopen the 15th, we won't even get the"rebook with free dining offer".
that would be so incredibly unfair to guests who have long stays (8 days here), who Wouldn't be willing to fly 2,000 miles to go to one park for 6 days to just tell them "come and do this or you get nothing."

seriously. Really not okay.

Theres no way that a CM on a phone knows this now. Disney has stock analysts and investors — not to mention the entire state of Florida — waiting on their plans. They are not going to risk any info slipping out before they are ready to announce it. You’re talking MAJOR operational changes, you’re talking MAJOR perception issues, you’re talking MAJOR financial implications.

it would have leaked somewhere. It would not be a DVC CM just happening to tell someone who happened to call Florida’s most anticipated secret/policy statement.

Maybe Igper happened to on the phone this morning and he thought he was talking to DeSantis. But otherwise, theres no way Disney releases this info this way.

Theres no way that a CM on a phone knows this now. Disney has stock analysts and investors — not to mention the entire state of Florida — waiting on their plans. They are not going to risk any info slipping out before they are ready to announce it. You’re talking MAJOR operational changes, you’re talking MAJOR perception issues, you’re talking MAJOR financial implications.

it would have leaked somewhere. It would not be a DVC CM just happening to tell someone who happened to call Florida’s most anticipated secret/policy statement.

Maybe Igper happened to on the phone this morning and he thought he was talking to DeSantis. But otherwise, theres no way Disney releases this info this way.
I never said what the CM did was right. All I said is I agree with most of what was said as it matches up with what was rumored to happen when reopening.

CM’s answering phones would likely know the plans before any public announcement because the calls will come flying in after they make the public announcement, and they want CMs to be informed to answer any questions the guest may have. But I don’t see any CM not realizing they weren’t given the OK to give out this type of information yet.

There are going to be a lot of edge cases that will occur when things will be unfair even very unfair when opening an operation of the size of WDW, considering is one of the if not largest and most complex operations in the world in one location. Overall in the history of the Disney company they excel in customer service, one of the best in the world. It is why we are posting on a Disney fan board. They will not be able to please everyone and but will no doubt please most.

If they run reduced experience, one park or some variation, they will have plenty of people come, where the issues will be having to manage capacity coming in, they don't want something llike the ROTR reservation experience at HS every morning to happen at the gates of MK. That will happen if they cap it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter