Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the most fun coaster I’ve ever been on. Its a big reason I’m getting a UOAP, that and I never really knew an AP there was so cheap
i bought mine last year when they were running a special for FL residents, buy it now get 6 months free. So I got the Premier (their highest one) for 18 months for only $499. Until Covid, it was wonderful (the valet is worth it alone)

If I put in a mobile order at a resort I'm not staying at, will the guards at the gate (driving in) let me in to pick up or eat my order?

Anybody try this yet?

When we were there a couple weeks ago and dined at Sanaa and California grill you needed to show your reservation on your phone to get past the guard. They also had a printed list of reservations they checked it against. I would assume they would have a similar protocol where you showed that you placed a To Go order from the restaurant maybe with a status or pick up time to the guard, if you aren’t staying at that resort.

i bought mine last year when they were running a special for FL residents, buy it now get 6 months free. So I got the Premier (their highest one) for 18 months for only $499. Until Covid, it was wonderful (the valet is worth it alone)

I think I’m getting the one below premier. 410 for 15 months. Which would run me through January 2022 and if my fingers are fast enough, and things are back to normal, I’ll be down there to run the Dopey. So 3 or 4 trips to Florida in total. Might even make 2 HHN trips next year and buy the frequent fear

That’s one of the things I’m most excited for.
I haven't really been keeping track - how has the reliability for that ride been of late? Guess I am wondering if you only have one day are the odds in your favor for getting on?

Y’all, I rode 6 times in 4 days the last week of August. I rode when there was a VQ once, the rest were first thing at opening or close to closing. Walked off at 6:55 one night and got right back in line with a 7 pm close. The waits were the time it took to walk the queue for the most part. It was glorious as a solo, since I got the motorcycle every time and I lucked into the front car twice. ❤️❤️❤️

Y’all, I rode 6 times in 4 days the last week of August. I rode when there was a VQ once, the rest were first thing at opening or close to closing. Walked off at 6:55 one night and got right back in line with a 7 pm close. The waits were the time it took to walk the queue for the most part. It was glorious as a solo, since I got the motorcycle every time and I lucked into the front car twice. ❤❤❤

I can only imagine the wait time for Hagrids if the entire queue was filled pre covid that queue is insanely long.. Same goes for a majority of the attractions at IOA. Dudley Doo Right takes like 15 minutes to walk the entire queue with no one in it.

We got very lucky for Hagrid’s. The team member who checked us in at HRH suggested we head straight over ASAP. It was 1pm on Friday before Thanksgiving. We booked it there and waited about 30 minutes. So glad we took his advice because it was down or at capacity the rest of the weekend.

I dont think this change will last once restaurants are back to full capacity. I don’t think the kitchen would be able to handle a full restaurant along with takeout orders.

well if restaurants are back up and running there would be more in the way of overall options - so that’s not terrible.

Has Disney been sending out the "confirm if you're actually coming" emails to all resort guests? We didn't get one at all for our July/Aug trip (CBR), but did just get one for our early Nov GDT stay.

I'm particularly wondering about the part that says, "if you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won't be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel assignment or travel dates if needed. You will be contacted shortly to confirm availability." I haven't kept up with all of the posts on this thread the past few days, but I'm pretty sure there was some discussion about whether they'd actually open CSR on schedule.

Attachments

• F3833D4F-9023-4C11-AE48-65E482E77C3F.jpeg
    F3833D4F-9023-4C11-AE48-65E482E77C3F.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 26
Has Disney been sending out the "confirm if you're actually coming" emails to all resort guests? We didn't get one at all for our July/Aug trip (CBR), but did just get one for our early Nov GDT stay.

I'm particularly wondering about the part that says, "if you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won't be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel assignment or travel dates if needed. You will be contacted shortly to confirm availability." I haven't kept up with all of the posts on this thread the past few days, but I'm pretty sure there was some discussion about whether they'd actually open CSR on schedule.
I didn't get one for our November trip, but I got one for August (and we were moved twice when all was said and done).
We're checking in a couple of days after you at GDT. I'll keep an eye out in my email. I've also been wondering if they'll open on schedule.

We'll be staying at GDT Nov 4th to the 11th. I haven't gotten the email but I'll be watching for it.
It's been at the back of my mind that they might not open. I hope it does though because we really don't want to stay at Caribbean Beach and I'm sure that's where they'd move us.

Its the most fun coaster I’ve ever been on. Its a big reason I’m getting a UOAP, that and I never really knew an AP there was so cheap

We got APs in June for just a little bit more than what the 2 day, 2 park would be. Being able to oh monthly is awesome. We left the littles at the beach with the grands and checked it out. It’s not Disney and I won’t be taking my kids until they’re bigger and (hopefully) into Harry Potter bc there’s just not much for them to do right now. Heck, I don’t know half the IPs! We are hoping to go back at least a day next month while we’re there and we have the grands again to have a pool day with the kids. I really enjoyed MIB and HP: Forbidden Journey. Hagrid’s was good, too, but I wish I hadn’t seen so many vlogs of it before hand. I can give or take all the simulator rides. They’re all the same with different video - you ride, you shake, you “drop,” you’re rescued, the end.

Excited to use the wand I scored yesterday on Offerup for $20!

I gotta say - I love the idea of this To Go for Table Service business - especially with a kid - this MIGHT be our new default.
I have a dumb question, not trying to insult or anything, but when you get takeout at Disney away from your resort where do you eat it? The resorts arent letting people use microwaves and eating elsewhere in a park would probably be inconvenient, please give me a idea of places to eat my takeout?

I have a dumb question, not trying to insult or anything, but when you get takeout at Disney away from your resort where do you eat it? The resorts arent letting people use microwaves and eating elsewhere in a park would probably be inconvenient, please give me a idea of places to eat my takeout?

speaking for myself - we are DVC members and typically stay in 1 bedrooms - so we have the “living room” area with full kitchen. Or if we have a studio - we always have a microwave and kitchenette.
But even without it, I’ve gotten the Twilight Feast sent to our room when we stayed at the hotel side of the Poly - and we just sat on our balcony. It was nice to be in PJs watching fireworks from the balcony while eating from one of our fave restaurants.

We had trips booked for Aug and Sep (didn’t take either) but also did not receive this email for either of those trips. The Aug trip was cancelled approx 3 weeks before it was supposed to begin and I didn’t move our Sep Trip into 2021 until 8 days before we were to arrive.

speaking for myself - we are DVC members and typically stay in 1 bedrooms - so we have the “living room” area with full kitchen. Or if we have a studio - we always have a microwave and kitchenette.
But even without it, I’ve gotten the Twilight Feast sent to our room when we stayed at the hotel side of the Poly - and we just sat on our balcony. It was nice to be in PJs watching fireworks from the balcony while eating from one of our fave restaurants.
Exactly this. We normally stay in a 1 bedroom DVC room when we go, so we have the dining room table and full kitchen. Plus, this is great for Disney to be doing right now, as most of the resort rooms that are currently open are DVC rooms (except for YC, Pop, CB, and Contemporary). So there is a good percentage of guests staying on property right now in at least a DVC studio who would have access to at lest a microwave, kitchen sink, and refrigerator.

Should be interesting to read reports on this weekend's test

The wording really isn't clear. Does "..at capacity" mean that they both are totally booked for the entire day or is it just "... at capacity" now but could change later? If the latter, then OK. If the former the wording should be clearer like "sold out" or "no additional openings available today".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter