• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a decent number of housekeeping positions are gone forever. If hotels can get people in a trash and towels only rhythm that will save a good amount of time while still accessing the rooms to make sure they’re not trashed/etc...

Bleh.

I love coming back to the room after they've cleaned, made the bed...one of my parts of staying at a hotel, anywhere.

conferences too - for my industry we are now at the beginning of what is traditionally conference season and I usually go to a few a year - one of which was scheduled to be in Orlando this year - but all area cancelled / made virrtual

They are all about networking and having tons of meetings with clients and brokers and stuff so I can't imagine when they will be back to "normal"
I’m kind of in the same boat. I used to travel for work about once and month for various different meetings across the country. I’m not sure what that is going to look like after all this is over.

Did your state mandate three COVID tests as well?

What’s the point of criticizing someone for being “too cautious”? How does that negatively impact anyone? People want Disney to be open and to support it and to boost employment. People don’t want travellers to spread it to their towns/cities whatever... this person went through great effort to try and address both of these things and now they are being criticized? It’s actually unbelievable

You’re making a huge deal that you quarantined after going to Disney but you’re going to a gym which seems to be a riskier proposition. Does that really make sense?

Why have you taken such issue with this? The gym, the tests, the quarantine.

If anything is overboard, it's your reaction to someone else's choice to maintain other people's safety.

What’s the point of criticizing someone for being “too cautious”? How does that negatively impact anyone? People want Disney to be open and to support it and to boost employment. People don’t want travellers to spread it to their towns/cities whatever... this person went through great effort to try and address both of these things and now they are being criticized? It’s actually unbelievable
Why have you taken such issue with this? The gym, the tests, the quarantine.

If anything is overboard, it's your reaction to someone else's choice to maintain other people's safety.

Question me if I return from vacation and have/go to a party, or go out to bars, or restaurants, or anywhere. But to say someone is “overcautious” when they have other people in mind seems like a weird hill to die on. My “overcautious”ness upon returning offsets going somewhere that some would deem dangerous, or irresponsible. Getting tested the 1st and 2nd time gives me the peace of mind that I didnt inadvertently pass it off to someone at the airport to then have them spread it elsewhere and the 3rd test was to ensure that, even as unlikely as it may be, that the virus didnt hit my system until late into the quarantine period. I honestly shouldn’t even feel the need to explain myself in this scenario.

We got back Wednesday from another local-ish trip to Disney (1.5 hour drive). We have now been (with 3 toddlers in tow) in July, August and September-ridden on rides, eaten inside, seen the line situations in person, stayed on property, used provided transportation and experienced all the changes due to Covid. We also have not experienced any issues or symptoms in our family of 5. We've also had great get-aways from regular day to day life. The level of crowds has most certainly increased from July to September, but still miles better than how it was in February this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter